The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do you want as the Canucks alternate/third jersey?

Rate this topic

Roberts

3rd jerseys  

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would want the old 94 retro jerseys as our home and away, but I'd rather want it more as of a historic symbol to our organization. I'm fine with where it's at. To be honest, I wasn't too big of a fan with the stick in the rink jerseys. They were okay.

• Upvote 1

Lately, I've been liking the black V jerseys, see a few at the game once in a while and they really stand out. The yellow jerseys are a little hard on the eyes. I vote for this (black V) to be our 3rd jersey. Completely different than the ones they would normally wear. Got to say I really like the one Snoop is wearing as a new jersey colour scheme. I want our home jerseys to be black. It just looks meaner. The blue and green are okay I guess, very environmental and outdoorsy lol 

Actually not a big fan of either the skate or 'pajamas' and I have a 3rd of the third maroon / sunset / whatever they called it which I like, but I think the Johnny Canuck logo says a lot more about the team than the skate or orca or boring stick in rink logo (been looking at that since the Canucks came into the league). The Millionaires jersey colours I really like from the classic game so here is my 2 cents worth / take...

millionaires-3rd.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Lately, I've been liking the black V jerseys, see a few at the game once in a while and they really stand out. The yellow jerseys are a little hard on the eyes. I vote for this (black V) to be our 3rd jersey. Completely different than the ones they would normally wear. Got to say I really like the one Snoop is wearing as a new jersey colour scheme. I want our home jerseys to be black. It just looks meaner. The blue and green are okay I guess, very environmental and outdoorsy lol 

I always loved the boldness and uniqueness of the home yellows. Very complementary to the away blacks. Was never hard on my eyes. Which is why I love the Predators' home uniforms as well as the Kings' 70s and 80s home uniforms and the Penguins' mid 80s home unis. 

However, blue and green are the Canucks' original colours and they should have never been changed in the first place. They also represent Vancouver and BC perfectly. Updated, yes. Discarded in '78, no.

16 hours ago, Bear57 said:

Actually not a big fan of either the skate or 'pajamas' and I have a 3rd of the third maroon / sunset / whatever they called it which I like, but I think the Johnny Canuck logo says a lot more about the team than the skate or orca or boring stick in rink logo (been looking at that since the Canucks came into the league). The Millionaires jersey colours I really like from the classic game so here is my 2 cents worth / take...

millionaires-3rd.jpg

that's a really nice looking uni. i would buy one of those. i wonder what it would look like in the reg blue or the skate logo black?

I love the Skate logo Jerseys from 94, and I think they look sharp as hell, especially the Black.

However, our Blue and Green colour scheme represents Vancouver better in my opinion. Sea to Sky.

There's also something to be said for sticking with colours so that the arena and its fans are all Blue for example.

Having the Black Alternate, although cool, just doesn't fit that in my opinion.

I really liked the 40th Anniversary Stick in Rink Jerseys with the V's on the arms inside the stripes. One of my favourites actually. I think that would be a great 3rd jersey. 

40thvan.jpg

Henrik+Sedin+Ryan+Kesler+Montreal+Canadi           %2BFqMFpVFw026JLLA=

• Like 3

On 28/12/2017 at 1:00 AM, billabong said:

This is the cleanest, simplest jersey you could have but it works

A92EE433-99DE-4FCC-B93B-9039FA1D9507.jpeg

This.

This is so much better than the updated Nile swoosh stick in rink we used last year.  These jerseys are beautiful.  

Why the **** did they have to alter the stick in rink logo anyway...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

This.

This is so much better than the updated Nile swoosh stick in rink we used last year.  These jerseys are beautiful.  

Why the **** did they have to alter the stick in rink logo anyway...

The only two elements from the updated Stick In Rink that I like is maintaining the white stick in the blue rink and emphasizing the 'C' with the white inner border. The Stick In Rink doesn't stand out with the blue and white inverted. The green border also gets lost on the blue base when the logo colours are inverted. 

8 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

The only two elements from the updated Stick In Rink that I like is maintaining the white stick in the blue rink and emphasizing the 'C' with the white inner border. The Stick In Rink doesn't stand out with the blue and white inverted. The green border also gets lost on the blue base when the logo colours are inverted. 

The white rink against the blue jersey was what made that logo pop.

Blue rink on a blue jersey doesn't look right.  The New Nike swoosh logo is gross in comparison to the original logo.

54 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

The white rink against the blue jersey was what made that logo pop.

Blue rink on a blue jersey doesn't look right.  The New Nike swoosh logo is gross in comparison to the original logo.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Some crest colours are meant to be inverted like the Maple Leafs, the Flames(before black was added) and the North Stars.

Teams like the Sabres and Islanders do not invert their crest colours because their crests would look weak.

I totally agree with you on the Nike swoosh. However, if the rink is to be white, the outer border might as well be white with green as the inner border. The green outer border just gets muddied up on a blue base.