The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, reyezone said:

Bob Cole was rough. He lost track of the play numerous times, called the wrong player consistently and generally sounded confused. I feel embarrassed for the fellow, his time has surely passed. It is weird that CBC would keep both him and Cherry on the air as they are both clearly losing their mental faculties in front of our eyes. 

And I cringed during a number of non-calls against Canucks, mostly in the second period. Nothing comparing to the infractions allowed on Virt though

Regular fare for the Canucks. Quit cringing decades ago. 

Always liked Bob Cole and yes he losses the names or mixes them. Danny Gallivan and Harry Neale did as well before they retired. To some extent it doesn't bother me as I tend to watch more than listen. 

Still have a lot of time for Don Cherry. He has more hockey smarts than I could ever dream of. He can still read the plays. He dwells on sentiment which is fine by me as we don't get near enough of that in this country. I am sure this is generational and might not appeal to a lot of fans. I spent a couple of hours with Don back in the early '80's. He is a absolute straight shooter who does not pull his punches. Loved the guy. I was a diehard Habs fan during his Boston tenure so you might appreciate my admission is serious. :) 

19 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Regular fare for the Canucks. Quit cringing decades ago. 

Always liked Bob Cole and yes he losses the names or mixes them. Danny Gallivan and Harry Neale did as well before they retired. To some extent it doesn't bother me as I tend to watch more than listen. 

Still have a lot of time for Don Cherry. He has more hockey smarts than I could ever dream of. He can still read the plays. He dwells on sentiment which is fine by me as we don't get near enough of that in this country. I am sure this is generational and might not appeal to a lot of fans. I spent a couple of hours with Don back in the early '80's. He is a absolute straight shooter who does not pull his punches. Loved the guy. I was a diehard Habs fan during his Boston tenure so you might appreciate my admission is serious. :) 

Well said. A bit of charity towards a guy who must be in his 80's is admirable at this time of year. 

I agree, so what if he gets mixed up occasionally the guy is a legend and deserves to be cut a bit of slack.

Merry Christmas to you all.

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

Well said. A bit of charity towards a guy who must be in his 80's is admirable at this time of year. 

I agree, so what if he gets mixed up occasionally the guy is a legend and deserves to be cut a bit of slack.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Bob Cole is 84 Alf. If I am that with it at that age I will be smiling. I have very poor memory for names so he doesn't have to worry about his job. :) 

10 hours ago, linden17 said:

no i dont understand. you say blow the team up because we are losing. when you lose you dont climb in the standings. We have been losing! Therefore your wish for the number one overall grows greater kind of. If youre suggesting we purposely throw games ( which you are)  thats a horrible example for our young guys when we have demonstrated a much harder and structered team this year. The Canucks are exciting to watch for the first time in a few years. They are on the right track. Throwing games would stall this growth. Hypothetically, lets say we "tanked". That still doesnt guarantee your spot at 1st overall. We have known this for a few years. We havent had good luck with that. What we have had, is very good luck when it comes to our managements drafting ability. I trust them this year too. We probably wont make the playoffs. We will probably get a top five pick. We our doing just fine with an exciting team who for the most part is in almost every hockey game because of Structure and hard work. No Tank.

Tell that to the Leafs and Oilers 

Markstorm made some big saves, the 2 softies killed the win. I think the GM is planning the future goalie.

Elder was same as usual, should trade him as early as possible.

Happy to see Jake and Boeser playing great.

So many discussion about the extend Twins or not.  Personally I disagree to re-sign them due to their age, slow speed, easily give away puck, way to paly PP, of course including 3-3 OT.

Archived