The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The White Spot on Georgia just sold for 245m

Gnarcore

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Personally I'm not a fan of big cities. Even Calgary I live right outside Calgary in Chestermere lake.

Just about bought a place in Chesterman but i changed my mind.....  too many gangs in the area... too dangerous...

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/chestermere-crime-kingpin-handed-5-5-year-jail-sentence-fined-1-5m

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Just about bought a place in Chesterman but i changed my mind.....  too many gangs in the area... too dangerous...

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/chestermere-crime-kingpin-handed-5-5-year-jail-sentence-fined-1-5m

Never mind the gangs. In Chestermere, you have to worry about the dogs taking shots at you with a handgun.

https://www.google.ca/amp/calgaryherald.com/news/crime/rcmp-dog-somehow-fires-handgun-found-in-chestermere/amp

16 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I have a couple of relatives that live in Chestermere and have visited five or six times. I never encountered a problem or felt unsafe while walking at daytime or night time.

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I have a couple of relatives that live in Chestermere and have visited five or six times. I never encountered a problem or felt unsafe while walking at daytime or night time.

He has never been to Chestermere he is just being a smart you know what. He showed one article meanwhile the public safety minister made his announcement on countering drugs and gangs in Surrey because it's riddled with crime and overdoses.

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Last government went out and chased the $$$$.   

So sad to see Vancouver becoming unliveable.

On the good news though Surrey is becoming the new Vancouver  ( of the 70's - 80's)  before Vancouver was ruined. 

Sounds nice, but I would assume impossible.

Sorry, we can't go back to paradise lost.

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Surrey has ocean beaches, mountain views and easy access to great fishing in the eastern fraser valley. 

And  -  more affordable housing and  a mixed community that supports artists, students and the middle class. 

Vancouver's once vibrant communities are dying or dead.  

i do not dispute that vancouver is going through changes

many of which appear quite negative

but let's not kid ourselves

there are good reasons why vancouver was settled and established before surrey

but you can believe what you wish about the 2 places having similar geography

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

but let's not kid ourselves

there are good reasons why vancouver was settled and established before surrey

And new westminister is older than vancouver .... what is your point. 

My point is vancouver is a dying city and Surrey is where the future lies / lives. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

He has never been to Chestermere he is just being a smart you know what. He showed one article meanwhile the public safety minister made his announcement on countering drugs and gangs in Surrey because it's riddled with crime and overdoses.

My point is all communities in Canada now how crime  / overdose  / drug / gang issues.

If you think your community is immune ......... you are being naive.

I don't think the public safety ministry wanted to do the announcement in Chestermere though... I don't think the Timmies there was an appropriate venue.

Calgary which i happen to love as a city certainly has all kinds of its own problems with gangs  / drugs / crime. 

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Why be upset over this?

You will be able to buy a condo, as big as a shoe box for 1 million plus.

I take that back, most will be sold to tax evaders and money launderers from China.

You get what you vote for! 

100%

but i think these condis are in the 2 mil range.   

If Asians need to buy a quarter billion Canadian dollars to buy an acre of our land, it explains why my bearish bet on CAD isn't working out so well.  Our industry is suffering with an "artificially" high dollar. I guess selling real estate to foreigners is our new industry. 

11 hours ago, Monty said:

Read this story last night and thought the same thing.

Hey everyone, live in a downtown Vancouver condo for $2M. It’s worth it because you can eat out at restaurants, go to a museum and an art gallery once a year, and work 14 hours a day to pay for a mortgage that you’ll never pay off.

Yep, they can go to White Spot... oh wait.... lol

21 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Only you believe Surrey is such a great place. I agree Vancouver has become ridiculous just like most of B.C but Surrey is riddled in crime and drugs. The safety minister made his crime and gangs announcement in Surrey. Do you think that was a coincidence?

To be fair, most of the crime in Surrey is limited to pockets of the city (Whalley/Newton). There are lots of nice parts of Surrey to live in. That said though, crime can happen anywhere. Just a couple months ago a young girl was murdered in South Surrey/White Rock, which is about as nice an area as you'll find. Just as quiet, affluent, and safe as pretty much any part of Vancouver.

Even Whalley's cleaning up a fair bit. It's gone from really bad to just bad.

On 12/24/2017 at 8:15 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

Out of curiosity - why Ecuador?  Would think if you want to live in South America, so many places with better climate, food and culture that would have as similar cost of living.   

More remote, better surf and less crime in the resort towns.  It also cheaoer and easier to set up shop. 

Archived