The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Burmistrov Retires from NHL

Roberts

7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Off ice chemistry translates to on ice chemistry. When you are from a foreign country knowing you have a brother or " Russian dad" as Goldobin referred to for Burmistrov hints at the potential chemistry they may have had on the ice which Travis Green never gave a chance to blossom.

Canadians and Americans don't have the same chemistry as 2 Euro guys who speak the same language and grew up in the same culture etc.

Well Chip by your logic we should have expected a real downer of a game by Goldy because Burmi had announced he was off - not a candidate for goal of the month.

Also how many times did Burmistrov play with Goldy. My point being either they have been playing together regularly and well, off ice chemistry or not it hasn't really helped either of them. If they have not been playing together a lot on the same line then your point is null and void.

Players must learn to be self reliant on the ice, even players who have chemistry ON the ice may one day be traded or moved to another line, should that be the end of their career. 

Let's man up a bit here.

On 01/01/2018 at 6:03 AM, alfstonker said:

Well Chip by your logic we should have expected a real downer of a game by Goldy because Burmi had announced he was off - not a candidate for goal of the month.

Also how many times did Burmistrov play with Goldy. My point being either they have been playing together regularly and well, off ice chemistry or not it hasn't really helped either of them. If they have not been playing together a lot on the same line then your point is null and void.

Players must learn to be self reliant on the ice, even players who have chemistry ON the ice may one day be traded or moved to another line, should that be the end of their career. 

Let's man up a bit here.

Not if you are the Sedins..

On 27/12/2017 at 2:31 PM, smithers joe said:

green is a fan because gaunce and dowd have shown more responsible play, doing the little things right.  burmy and goldie tried but hadn't shown that they are able to play a complete game yet. obviously he feels more confidence is some players over others. that is what a coach must do. 

I understand what Green is doing, I just don’t agree with the treatment of AB.  Gaunce and Dowd have not shown that much upside IMO, they are boring to watch. We are now seeing the importance of Dorsett. In the past few games our scoring has not been anywhere close to average. AB had offensive upside but was always on the outside looking in. He made his decision to move on, fair play to him. 

I hope I am wrong about Goldobin, but he is not really progressing either. He is getting his chances, time will tell.

IMO we could use a player like AB currently, unfortunately he felt he was not being treated right.

On 27/12/2017 at 3:49 PM, chon derry said:

broad stroked brush,? going a bit to far? I'm not even going to ask if you've ever even been to P.G or ft mac, because its obvious you haven't. the most you could ever play for either the pg  cougar's (bchl) or the spruce kings (whl) would be 4,5 years max  and  you would have to be a pretty sturdy 15 or 16 to withstand either league  you would  also have to earn exceptional status , starting at age ,15,16, highly  unlikely. but here is a incomplete list of players that didn't have a problem playing in pg for the cougars, couldn't find the spruce king list ,but I'm sure its just as long if not longer ,  by the way your analogies aren't very good,

I have lived in the places you have mentioned above and played, but I’m not in the same league as any of the players listed above. 

Living in a major city, is very different to small town Nth America. I’m not Russian either, but players from Russia may prefer their home comforts. 

This is is not really about Canada vs Russia, it is about AB wishing to leave a club which was not treating him right. 

Too many people in this conversation have made the issue about Canada v Russia. My point was, don’t judge Russia as it may have its appeal to some people/players. This was about how the Canucks treated AB. 

20 minutes ago, HarryCanuck said:

I have lived in the places you have mentioned above and played, but I’m not in the same league as any of the players listed above. 

Living in a major city, is very different to small town Nth America. I’m not Russian either, but players from Russia may prefer their home comforts. 

This is is not really about Canada vs Russia, it is about AB wishing to leave a club which was not treating him right. 

Too many people in this conversation have made the issue about Canada v Russia. My point was, don’t judge Russia as it may have its appeal to some people/players. This was about how the Canucks treated AB. 

I get where  AB IS COMING FROM, I MEAN GOING ,  but it wasn't me who brought up 'these places '  it was you, I was merely defending both northern small Canadian cites  of which I live in one ,a little to the west  , and played fairly competitive hockey in a league that originaly had the spruce kings in it , so far be it from me to be smack talkin northern communities ,nor would I go as far as smack talkin Russian city's which I know nothing about , but it does bother me to read something with negative conentations about northern Canada , by a Canadian  when talking in terms of comparison  to Russia  which for me makes no sense at all. if like you say you have lived in both these places , maybe your experience  wasn't as good as most northener's? but any northerner that has lived in the lower mainland (myself included) would choose a northern lifestyle versus the ratrace anyday......

40 minutes ago, HarryCanuck said:

I agree this has NOTHING to do with the Canada-Russia dynamic (is there such a thing?) but I don't agree at all the Canucks didn't treat him right.   He was brought in as a more or less reclamation project and he simply did not perform sufficiently and even with all the injuries, simply did not make things happen.    How on earth is that Canucks treating him "not right"?    

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I agree this has NOTHING to do with the Canada-Russia dynamic (is there such a thing?) but I don't agree at all the Canucks didn't treat him right.   He was brought in as a more or less reclamation project and he simply did not perform sufficiently and even with all the injuries, simply did not make things happen.    How on earth is that Canucks treating him "not right"?    

Burm is a point a game so far in the KHL

With 12 minutes in penalties in his only game.....

13 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

They did not stay the course on his reclaimation. He was in and out of the line up from the beginning. Yet showed very positive signs at times. 

When Gaunce came back he has stuck in the line up but has not shown much upside IMO. 

They brought Dowd in via a trade when they could have inserted AB back into the line up due to injuries. Yet they stuck with Dowd. 

Our offence is anemic currently, with the injuries the 3rd and 4th lines should have a chance to step up

1 hour ago, HarryCanuck said:

They did not stay the course on his reclaimation. He was in and out of the line up from the beginning. Yet showed very positive signs at times. 

When Gaunce came back he has stuck in the line up but has not shown much upside IMO. 

They brought Dowd in via a trade when they could have inserted AB back into the line up due to injuries. Yet they stuck with Dowd. 

Our offence is anemic currently, with the injuries the 3rd and 4th lines should have a chance to step up

Clearly the coaches disagree with you.   As you (nor I) get to see the time away from games when prep, planning etc. happen and whether AB was buying in or not we will never know but that can play a huge part.   If AB was able to do what they want Dowd to be doing, they would have him doing it.   The fact some people think it is plug and play, the coaches don't agree.

Archived