The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Sexy Magnet ?!

Nuxfanabroad

Is this what we've become, or are in the process of becoming?

Everyone knows what a gorgeous(albeit, overpriced) place Van-city is..an emerald gem with world class beauty. But I see a young nucleus emerging with dynamic talent on the cusp. Doesn't hurt that so much of this talent is darned handsome(right @apollo?!), charismatic, & cool as the Sundance Kid(that would be, a young blond sniper). Big Tuna's a character..guys like Bo, OJ, EP, TD & Gaunce seem solid as the day is long. They've been trained by two of the best leaders in the org's 5 decades.

We witnessed a lotta' hype associated with the puck-COTU, as they finally turned a corner. Also bringing in HQ's hierarchy, favoured old boys(& Babs)..well, unfortunately their fwd star resembles Elmer Fudd(no offense! :^). Soon they'll be cap-maxed, overpriced, peak-too-early, has-beens, wanting to holiday on Robidas Isle. They might have spent 75% of the fireworks before the crowd settled in.

I see a beautiful place out west that should fill the void created. One with a tonne of cap soon arriving.

So will this assist...

- other team's NTC players(with a list of teams, for example) perhaps accepting this destination?

- College FA's..especially on the blueline seeing a great opportunity to grab?

- Summer FA's..perhaps of the burly, snarly flavour, to protect our young wealth?

I've been increasingly feeling in this cap era, turnarounds can be executed more adroitly & swiftly. With this being the last few months of the ninja stealth tank, I'd like to suggest ya's all get buckled in for lift-off. We'll be arriving at our destination pdq.

Vancouver has become the #1 spot for millionaires in North America. So we'll always be a hot spot for free agency.(side note: I personally have begun to dislike the "city" as of late... Its overpriced, people are NOT friendly... But at the end of the day, it is my city and I'll never betray the blue and green... The worlds most glorious sporting franchise...) 

That combined by the world class infrastructure that Mike Gillis revamped, will always make us a free agency hot spot. 

Now with Brocks emergence, the team can be seen as competitive too... 

If I'm John Tavares, there's only 1 team I look at come July 1st. 

The team that plays in the best city, best infrastructure, and has world class talent readily developing. 

I expect this team to use the cap space this off season and win the cup in 2018-2019. 

As you mentioned, there's really no denying that we have the best looking squad in the nhl this year. Way too much good looking going on. 

LOL at calling it a stealth tank - even though we've been one of the worst teams in the league for literally years now (including being the absolute worst team in the entire league for fairly long portions of each of the last three years now - a league that includes Phoenix/Arizona, who just so happen to have beaten us in the standings 3 of the last 4 seasons)! 

If this is a stealth tank, what's a real one look like?

1 minute ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

LOL at calling it a stealth tank - even though we've been one of the worst teams in the league for literally years now (including being the absolute worst team in the entire league for fairly long portions of each of the last three years now - a league that includes Phoenix/Arizona, who just so happen to have beaten us in the standings 3 of the last 4 seasons)! 

If this is a stealth tank, what's a real one look like?

Buffalo circa 2014.

Archived