The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Slovakia vs. Canada | Group A | Dec. 27, 2017 | 4:00 PM PT

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I don't think Makar has been bad. He has two primary assists while adjusting to playing on the left side and is playing without his usual defence partner.

He's a great defencemen, another defencemen to look out for is Hughes, #6 on USA.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I don't think Makar has been bad. He has two primary assists while adjusting to playing on the left side and is playing without his usual defence partner.

I hear ya but he seems to always be looking for a long pass and has lost the puck several times as a result.   He has this annoying "one hand on the stick" thing when carrying the puck which simply won't work at NHL level for a last guy (as a Dman has to assume he is).   He is also seemingly turning the wrong way on the off-wing when there is a stunt or similar coming across the ice.   Perhaps he has an injury but he simply isn't showing me the mobility I thought he had.

13 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Yep, only reason why hes on the roster was cause he was on it last year. 

Lind should have been in his place.

He played well last year, played well in camp, is more well rounded, isn't recovering from mono, and is a natural LW (where Canada is less deep). Stop being a homer.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

PP looks much better when Dube is not on the ice. 

Agreed.  Dube can skate but he seems to have issues with puck finesse.   He also isn't looking and he has open people but he takes low % shots.   Odd choice for a powerplay guy.

Makar struggling at keeping pucks in at the line tonight a bit too.  

Steele has impressed me.

Archived