The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Dennis Rasmussen, Dalton Prout

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

Article messed up. It was Miller who called him that during the post game interview. 

Nope, mentioned that too.  Lucic actually had the gall to call another player gutless while disgracing the sport every time he sets foot on the ice.  Just a pitiful excuse for a hockey player and an even worse human being.  We need to keep guys like Prout in the game to do the NHL's job for them and end that scumbag's career.

Prout would look real good here.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Nope, mentioned that too.  Lucic actually had the gall to call another player gutless while disgracing the sport every time he sets foot on the ice.  Just a pitiful excuse for a hockey player and an even worse human being.  We need to keep guys like Prout in the game to do the NHL's job for them and end that scumbag's career.

Prout would look real good here.

Agreed. 

21 minutes ago, SedinMadness said:

? Dorsett offences was pretty good this year, till he got hurt. it was his engery what he brought ... when he went so did the canucks. 

That's my point. Dorsett bring those things more than Prout does. Besides the point, I was wrong on the defense and the comparison is bad because Prout is a d-man.

15 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Rasmussen might be worth looking at. Guess it depends on how they feel about him vs someone like Boucher.

I'm on the record I'd take him  over Boucher instead of trying to shoe horn Boucher into a 4th line player we should just grab a proper bottom 6 guy and send Boucher back to Utica. Someone correct me pls but I believe since he already cleared he can go directly back????? Either way I would still exchange Boucher for him. Boucher just isn't what we need. Heck Id rather see Archie get the call. Nothing against Boucher but he's just not a top 9 in the NHL and on a team like ours you can't really afford to drag a guy like that along on your 4th line you need grinding.

2 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Of course not. Even with a gun to their head, Vancouver wouldn't bring in toughness. Same old story. 

Kind of hard to have a tough team when most of your vets are injured. In my opinion, toughness is the least of our worries at the moment. lol

18 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Kind of hard to have a tough team when most of your vets are injured. In my opinion, toughness is the least of our worries at the moment. lol

What do the injuries have to do with toughness? Asides from Guddy not a single player on the current roster, injured or not, is considered tough. 

20 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

What do the injuries have to do with toughness? Asides from Guddy not a single player on the current roster, injured or not, is considered tough. 

Toughness should come once you have your roster in place (ie. Montreal going for a potential playoff run last year where they should have traded for toughness but they didn't). Right now, I'd rather we focus on having a good team first. Injuries aren't helping that at the moment and toughness isn't exactly going to stop those injuries.

Let's face it. We don't have a good enough team yet to worry about toughness in my opinion. Maybe in a year or two though....

18 hours ago, The Lock said:

Toughness should come once you have your roster in place (ie. Montreal going for a potential playoff run last year where they should have traded for toughness but they didn't). Right now, I'd rather we focus on having a good team first. Injuries aren't helping that at the moment and toughness isn't exactly going to stop those injuries.

Let's face it. We don't have a good enough team yet to worry about toughness in my opinion. Maybe in a year or two though....

Uh what?

The Montreal Canadiens used the trade deadline ahead of last season’s playoffs to bolster their fourth line, adding Andreas Martinsen, Steve Ott, and Dwight King for their post-season run.

Archived