The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We need to change our GOAL HORN in order to win the CUP

GoCanucksGo!

14 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Whether it be The Whip or Chelsea Dagger, both have run their course.

Same as how Gary Glitter was played everywhere in the late '80s to mid 90's. Things get old after a while.

ps, I apologize in advance but I felt that this had to be done:P

If only being overplayed was the biggest problem with Gary Glitter.... :unsure:

I could be wrong, but replacing the goal horn with the "ding-ding-ding" sound from "The Price is Right", leading straight into the first dozen bars from "For whom the bell tolls" would be so ridiculous, they may as well just hand us the next seven cups.

Also, using the sound bites and theme music from "Mortal Kombat 2" would be hilarious as &^@# and should really be incorporated into the daily rotation.

Take the above statements however you want. Only half of you will be wrong 60% of the time, every time.

3 hours ago, Darius71 said:

oldnews! you are probably like me and still watching the games on one of these....stereo sound is not a strong point!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHRC6qvjBnbrCxsQp8xrY

wow those come in a bigger size then 13" screens???? wtf

time for an upgrade over here

that one must be a 21" screen at least.. wow..

and what is that thing leaning against the tv ?

5 hours ago, luckylager said:

I could be wrong, but replacing the goal horn with the "ding-ding-ding" sound from "The Price is Right", leading straight into the first dozen bars from "For whom the bell tolls" would be so ridiculous, they may as well just hand us the next seven cups.

Couple that with the Price is Right accompaniment when one of our goalies lets in a stinker, and we're golden.

I am sorry to say but it is not the Goal Horn.

We will never win the cup until the day "The Statue" is removed.

I love the guy, but there is no way in hell the league will allow a team to win the cup when a statue they have outside the arena is in tribute to an action against the league.

Plain and simple.

They should move his statue back to the old arena and move it back after we win it all.

On 2017-12-29 at 2:11 AM, GoCanucksGo! said:

First of all, Happy Holidays to all Canucks fans! 

Immigrant from Mainland China (13 years ago), never watched a hockey game before having landed in Canada. So far have been watching the TEAM play for almost a decade.

Witnessed the 2011 CUP run. That was so close! With our New Hope [you guys know who I’m talking about:)], I think we are another step closer. The future is bright, because finally, we have the most handsome sniper with laser shots in this League. Never had so much fun before. So thrilled to see Brock Boeser score and stack up points:)

The TEAM was just one win away from the CUP! Twice! Soooooo close! I always wonder why. But after years of watching, Being a sound enthusiast, I kind of figured out why: the GOAL HORN of teams without a CUP shares something similar (sounding lazy, muddy and unclear). And By listening to the GOAL HORN of teams who have won at least one CUP, I began to understand why they won ( almost all sounding loud and clear, resonant as well as inspiring, and you can hear the power and aggressiveness in it.

Therefore, I think the franchise DOES need to do something about the GOAL HORN in order to win the CUP. Please feel free to check out the NHL goal horns on YouTube. And you might see what I mean. https://youtu.be/ZJjwcjYzXR8

Happy New Year! Happy 2⃣️0⃣️1⃣️8⃣️!

Go Canucks Go!

I had to up vote you just to get you even. No way to start out on CDC, bud.

It may be a dumb idea, but its at least original thought. Sure why not, we've tried everything else. Gotta admit listening to that Canucks goal horn/song on that link was kind of depressing next to some of the others. What I am hating more and more though is the loud canned "WOOOOOOOOOO", which is usually exactly when the team on the ice is trying to focus and retain the momentum. You can see it throws them off at times.

It would be nice to actually find a keeper, like Chicago has with Chelsea's Dagger. Ours sounds like a hundred other sports franchises. And gets changed like our logos.

I can see it now, Canucks players will be pushing themselves even harder to score the next goal just to hear the new goal horn and song. 

Or not.

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2017 at 2:11 AM, GoCanucksGo! said:

First of all, Happy Holidays to all Canucks fans! 

Immigrant from Mainland China (13 years ago), never watched a hockey game before having landed in Canada. So far have been watching the TEAM play for almost a decade.

Witnessed the 2011 CUP run. That was so close! With our New Hope [you guys know who I’m talking about:)], I think we are another step closer. The future is bright, because finally, we have the most handsome sniper with laser shots in this League. Never had so much fun before. So thrilled to see Brock Boeser score and stack up points:)

The TEAM was just one win away from the CUP! Twice! Soooooo close! I always wonder why. But after years of watching, Being a sound enthusiast, I kind of figured out why: the GOAL HORN of teams without a CUP shares something similar (sounding lazy, muddy and unclear). And By listening to the GOAL HORN of teams who have won at least one CUP, I began to understand why they won ( almost all sounding loud and clear, resonant as well as inspiring, and you can hear the power and aggressiveness in it.

Therefore, I think the franchise DOES need to do something about the GOAL HORN in order to win the CUP. Please feel free to check out the NHL goal horns on YouTube. And you might see what I mean. https://youtu.be/ZJjwcjYzXR8

Happy New Year! Happy 2⃣️0⃣️1⃣️8⃣️!

Go Canucks Go!

You know what, best option is NOTHING.   No noise.   Just confident silence.  Skate the bench with muted glove taps with an "we expected to score, we are a superior team" attitude.   Fans will make enough noise.   

Anyone who seriously thinks a horn noise impacts a team has either never played at any real level or sees the game as a giant video experience.    NOTHING intimidate another team as a muted response to your success.   Just do you business, win the games and move on like it was your objective and you are hardly surprised at the result.

Archived