The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

next yr and trade deadline proposals

soo i think sedin era has run its course. At deadline trader jim should ask sedins, edler to waive no trades   

next few weeks   guddy to devils for pavel zacha  

at deadline

sutter for 1st 

edler to tampa for koekkoek and a 2nd 

sedins  go east  to devils for 1st 2nd and cap dumps clowe and dalton prout cntracts over this yr

vanek for late 1st     (pens, caps, bruins, nashville) any contender looking for pp offense

baer and hutton in a package for  a shutdown hardnose a plus 4th line center 

resign vanek and jagr in summer jagr last yr   can show youngsters how to be pro offer jagr a player development  job after next yr as incentive.

sooo with all extra picks  fund bunch of gems or get lucky win lotto draft dahlen

roster next 

vanek zacha boeser 

petersson bo goldobin 

virtanen gaudette jagr

granny shutdown young c  eriksson 

gaunce 

juolevi (dahlen) if we get lucky 

pouliot tanev

del zotto  stecher

koekkoek biega 

marky/nills/demko  fight for starter job at training camp 

fast offensive young team 

yes please

21 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Sounds like you've got NHL18 GM mode set on the "easy" level.  I don't see any of those returns happening.   Might as well just trade Markstrom for 1st too while you're at it.

vanek can get us a first if he keeps this up.

guddy has value    we arent giving assets away for free at deadline  people pay big prices for garbage vets   cant tell me   hanzal getting two 2nds  last yr  wasnt overpayment.  sutter has 3 yrs of term left  decent 3rd liner     cant tell me we can t get any teams buying our vets 

27 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

vanek can get us a first if he keeps this up.

guddy has value    we arent giving assets away for free at deadline  people pay big prices for garbage vets   cant tell me   hanzal getting two 2nds  last yr  wasnt overpayment.  sutter has 3 yrs of term left  decent 3rd liner     cant tell me we can t get any teams buying our vets 

Will teams be willing to buy Canucks players....of course.  But other teams are going to be selling off pieces too.  If the prices are too high for the Canucks players, buyers will just move on to a different dance partner, i.e Hamhuis.

i'ld be more interested in how many of our young guys can make this team next year, and who we'll need to tide us over till they are ready. maybe next year, a bo, boeser, vanek line, might be gold. granlund, sutter and ericksson is a great shut down line. 

that leaves, baertschi, the sedins, gagner, virtanen, goldobin, gaunce, dowd, gaudette, pettersson, dahlen, lind, gadjovich and lockwood. 

it would be great if the swedes, gaudette, gadj and lind can make the team but they shouldn't be rushed. 

there is more that goes into building a team than just selling off vets and accumulating young players. 

...So you want to get rid of the Sedins because "they've run their course" but then turn around and sign jagr, to show the youngsters how to be pros? People seem to forget that Jagr was once viewed as the most selfish player in the league, after he bolted to the KHL for a paycheck.(while in his prime) 

56 minutes ago, 420BEAR said:

...So you want to get rid of the Sedins because "they've run their course" but then turn around and sign jagr, to show the youngsters how to be pros? People seem to forget that Jagr was once viewed as the most selfish player in the league, after he bolted to the KHL for a paycheck.(while in his prime) 

ya hes so selfish that he helped all the panther rookies be pros and put up 50 points at 44  and hes all time number two in scoring  ya that legend  whos a champ . sorry sedins arent jagr they should retire  just my opinion 

4 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Will teams be willing to buy Canucks players....of course.  But other teams are going to be selling off pieces too.  If the prices are too high for the Canucks players, buyers will just move on to a different dance partner, i.e Hamhuis.

guess thats the risk  we have to take ehh

6 Easy Steps - How to Rebuild the Canucks into a Cup Contender in One Year.

Dreaming is fun. The Sedins will retire before they waive. They will not play for another team.

Management loves Edler, so I'm going to assume he's also re-signed and is a Canucks Lifer.

I agree that Vanek could possibly get us a late 1st if he keeps playing this way, and considering his affordable 2 million contract and lack of NTC. We might have to throw in another lower range prospect or later round draft pick though to bring up value.

On a lot of the proposal though, I agree that it looks like you had NHL 18 set in easy mode :)

Not that easy to do trades these days, with NTC's and all the salary cap issues to deal with.

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

ya hes so selfish that he helped all the panther rookies be pros and put up 50 points at 44  and hes all time number two in scoring  ya that legend  whos a champ . sorry sedins arent jagr they should retire  just my opinion 

Jagr is worse than the Sedins at this point and means little to Vancouver. Your logic could hardly make less sense. You want Jagr for veteran leadership, when he's clearly spent all his offensive skill, but then you turn around to say that the Sedins have spent all that they have. The Sedins provide the same veteran leadership that Jagr would and are currently better players.

10 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Sounds like you've got NHL18 GM mode set on the "easy" level.  I don't see any of those returns happening.   Might as well just trade Markstrom for 1st too while you're at it.

That's every trade this guy proposes.

11 hours ago, canuktravella said:

next few weeks   guddy to devils for pavel zacha  

at deadline

sutter for 1st 

edler to tampa for koekkoek and a 2nd 

sedins  go east  to devils for 1st 2nd and cap dumps clowe and dalton prout cntracts over this yr

vanek for late 1st     (pens, caps, bruins, nashville) any contender looking for pp offense

baer and hutton in a package for  a shutdown hardnose a plus 4th line center 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......................................

.........................................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

people waive ntc all the time  

We're not talking about random people.  We're talking about the Sedins.

Benning will not ever ask them to waive, they will not ask to be traded.  I think trade proposals are nonsense at the best of time, but including the Sedins in one is just ludicrous.

6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Jagr is worse than the Sedins at this point and means little to Vancouver. Your logic could hardly make less sense. You want Jagr for veteran leadership, when he's clearly spent all his offensive skill, but then you turn around to say that the Sedins have spent all that they have. The Sedins provide the same veteran leadership that Jagr would and are currently better players.

clearly we disagree  jagr is a legend   that can teach youngsters how to win  and yea sedins have never been as good as jagr  they are decent players but  they havent done anything close to jagr has in his career 2 cups   hart art ross 2nd all time point getter who took 4 yrs off nhl   with  khl and nhl lockouts 

Archived