The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

next yr and trade deadline proposals

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

clearly we disagree  jagr is a legend   that can teach youngsters how to win  and yea sedins have never been as good as jagr  they are decent players but  they havent done anything close to jagr has in his career 2 cups   hart art ross 2nd all time point getter who took 4 yrs off nhl   with  khl and nhl lockouts 

Your typing skills need work, I honestly have a hard time trying to figure out what you are saying. 

4 hours ago, canuktravella said:

noo  thats sheer bs 

No, it isn’t. I’d take the Sedins over Jagr and Vanek every day of the week. They established themselves here already. On and off the ice. Jagr has no real loyalties anywhere. Neither does Vanek. Sedins are leaders, developed here in Vancouver. They are extremely humble and are absolute work horses. Consistently coming into camp in the best shape.

Their loyalty to this franchise is unrivaled. They fight for everything they’ve got. Battling media bias and perception from fans and some players. I wouldn’t want any other two 35+ year old mentors over the Sedins. Call me a homer, whatever. Minus me all you want. Sedins are legend status. They did it here and only here.

5 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

No, it isn’t. I’d take the Sedins over Jagr and Vanek every day of the week. They established themselves here already. On and off the ice. Jagr has no real loyalties anywhere. Neither does Vanek. Sedins are leaders, developed here in Vancouver. They are extremely humble and are absolute work horses. Consistently coming into camp in the best shape.

Their loyalty to this franchise is unrivaled. They fight for everything they’ve got. Battling media bias and perception from fans and some players. I wouldn’t want any other two 35+ year old mentors over the Sedins. Call me a homer, whatever. Minus me all you want. Sedins are legend status. They did it here and only here.

their talents  gone since 2012  they are basically 3liners that show offense once every  5 games this yr like a car running on fumes. Meanwhile vanek scores 5 point games makes 3.5 less in salary and ya jagr is 45  has 7 points in 20 games  and 50 last yr  guys a champ 

10 hours ago, canuktravella said:

their talents  gone since 2012  they are basically 3liners that show offense once every  5 games this yr like a car running on fumes. Meanwhile vanek scores 5 point games makes 3.5 less in salary and ya jagr is 45  has 7 points in 20 games  and 50 last yr  guys a champ 

You argue the Sedins are overpaid 3rd liners yet you think we'll get a 1st and a 2nd for them. Meanwhile you want us to sign a soon to be 46 year old Jagr who has 7 points in 21 games.

Sedins have said they aren't waiving their no trade clauses. Management has said they aren't going to ask them to waive their no trade clauses. That really should be the end of that discussion.

You have 2 player's that have dedicated their careers to the Canucks. They know the organization better than any other current player and would be perfect in mentoring the next generation.

As for your trades, Gudbranson for Zacha? You are joking right? Nevermind that the value is off, the devils just traded Henrique to acquire Vatanen only a month ago. Their right side is set.

Elder to Tampa? Tampa has Hedmen and Sergachev on the left side. Elder isn't displacing either of them.

You aren't giving any thought to your proposals

On 29/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, canuktravella said:

clearly we disagree  jagr is a legend   that can teach youngsters how to win  and yea sedins have never been as good as jagr  they are decent players but  they havent done anything close to jagr has in his career 2 cups   hart art ross 2nd all time point getter who took 4 yrs off nhl   with  khl and nhl lockouts 

Jagr hasn't won a cup in 25 years, and i think it might have had something to do with mario. And to claim "the Sedins have never been as good as jagr they are decent players", They have been better than jagr for the last 10 years and they pretty well hold every franchise record there is in Vancouver as well as a couple Art Ross' and a hart. You are delusional is you think Jagr would be an upgrade at this point.

6 hours ago, 420BEAR said:

Jagr hasn't won a cup in 25 years, and i think it might have had something to do with mario. And to claim "the Sedins have never been as good as jagr they are decent players", They have been better than jagr for the last 10 years and they pretty well hold every franchise record there is in Vancouver as well as a couple Art Ross' and a hart. You are delusional is you think Jagr would be an upgrade at this point.

he also has better flow  jagr wins every time sorry 

On 03/01/2018 at 7:45 AM, canuktravella said:

he also has better flow  jagr wins every time sorry 

7 points in 21 games for a forward is not winning.

I love Jagr but injuries and the pace of the game have caught up to him. Time to seriously consider retirement.

The Sedins are on pace to double his production atm. Sedins are old. Jagr is 8 years older than them

Back on topic, obvious moves of pending UFA's for the best deal available.

How to handle the currently weak goalie situation:

1. If Nilsson can be moved then ship him out and bring up Bachman to close the year out as backup, otherwise, Nilsson waived to Utica foe 2018-19

2. In free agency, go all in for an established goalie, i.e. Cam Ward on a 3 year deal with a NTC only on years 1 and 2.

3. Keep Markstrom for 2018-19, possible trade at TDL or end of season

4. Work Demko into the system as backup at 2019 tdl or the following seas. Let an cup winning veteran (Ward) mentor him.

Archived