The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tkachuk vs Kesler

CanadianRugby

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Smart in how it sparked his team to a loss or that it was followed by another penalty he took on which Anaheim scored the winning goal?

Mike Smith took that penalty and score was 1-0 for Ducks when fight happened.

10 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Would the Canucks draft 6'3" 200 lbs Brady Tkachuk if he was available at the 2018 draft?  Rated in the top 5-7 top 2018 draft prospects.

He is a tougher, bigger, stronger power forward than his brother. He scored today to tie the game against Canada.  Imagine a 6'3", 225 lbs Derek Dorset with a scoring touch.

His father maxed out at 6'2" and 235 lbs, 1201 NHL games, 538 goals, 527 assists, 1065 points and 2219 Penalty minutes. 

Ive said for ages if the Canucks happen to fall in that group that Brady should be drafted in I would love them to draft him. He's a much more skilled and nastier version of his brother from what I have heard.

11 hours ago, Green Building said:

I miss the glory days of Kesler, that mofo knew how to battle.

Me too. The guy was a warrior, he truly left it all out on the ice.

I don't hate Kesler by any extent, hated how his time ended in Vancouver though. 

It was fantastic seeing Kes nail that punk with a right hook. Tkachuk deserved every little bit of it.

11 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

very much enjoyed Kesler get punched at.  Quitters don't deserve to win.

Not sure what you mean by that.

Kesler saw that the Canucks were a sinking ship and he moved on because he wanted to win a cup (I assume). I dont appreciate how he handcuffed our team with his limited trade list but I respect the hell out of him for doing what he could to increase his chances of winning a championship. That's not quitting. In my opinion, quitting is when a veteran player(s) sticks with a team knowing that it's not going to win.

14 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Smart in how it sparked his team to a loss or that it was followed by another penalty he took on which Anaheim scored the winning goal?

Good context, I had no idea of the score/outcome but was commenting on the scrap in isolation. 

Smart:

-removes Keslers helmet immediately

-keeps kesler at a distance with quick jabs while maintaining grip on the collar of the jersey. 

-takes no damage

-takes a difference maker off the ice with him

-answers the bell, which he absolutely needs to do as a player of the role/reputation that he is. 

Not that I am a Flames fan or particularely love Tkachuk, I just thought he executed intelligently. 

14 hours ago, J-23 said:

Barnaby > Tkachuk

Deb > Tkachuk

WTH even was that?   Did Tkachuk take boxing lessons from a blender set to pulse? Not sure how effective "punch him with his own jersey" is, but he gets 0 points for execution for that.

My God, didn't think I could dislike him anymore. 

All is forgiven, Kes.  Loved the mouthguard popping out.

1 hour ago, reyezone said:

Good context, I had no idea of the score/outcome but was commenting on the scrap in isolation. 

Smart:

-removes Keslers helmet immediately

-keeps kesler at a distance with quick jabs while maintaining grip on the collar of the jersey. 

-takes no damage

-takes a difference maker off the ice with him

-answers the bell, which he absolutely needs to do as a player of the role/reputation that he is. 

Not that I am a Flames fan or particularely love Tkachuk, I just thought he executed intelligently. 

Not sure that slapping Kesler with little sweater brushes that are more fitting for two preschoolers having a spat is "smart" fighting at NHL level where men play and can actually punch (Kesler demonstrated that last evening).   Not exactly sure what that was MT was trying to do.

Archived