The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tkachuk vs Kesler

CanadianRugby

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Sure he’s an ass and he’s getting under players skin but that’s different than acting like a tough guy. 

Spearing someone from the bench is the definition of "acting like a tough guy".

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

and your point being........? none of that takes away from tkachuk being a goof. which he is.

Never said he wasn’t. I just see a lot of people crying they would never want him on our team when we just had a guy who we all loved, who was labeled as one of the most classless players in the league not that long ago. 

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Never said he wasn’t.

If you leave it there, it works.   The rest is trying to justify it somehow.  We've spent a lot of time having to deal with crap on this team...not about to absorb any of Matthew's.  It is what it is...crap.  Burr was not treated equally to Matthew and had to earn his way....Matthew's a high pick/golden boy and deserves the same treatment/attention.  Burr and his fans had to endure it...now it's time to dish some back.  In or out?

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

The secret's out: 

Funny about the small part in that report you just happened to leave out. Haha

If you don’t want one of hockey’s premier 19-year-olds — who scores, hits, fights, pesters, and skates as well as Tkachuk does — your hockey acumen requires a reboot.

Eventually, players like Clayton Keller, Jesse Puljujarvi, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Mikhail Sergachev and a few others might horn in on the conversation. But on Dec. 7, 2017, the 2016 draft class goes Matthews, Laine, Tkachuk — full stop

That’s game set and match. 

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Never said he wasn’t. I just see a lot of people crying they would never want him on our team when we just had a guy who we all loved, who was labeled as one of the most classless players in the league not that long ago. 

ive never said that.  I used to hate Kenny linsmen  back when I was an oilers supporter ,I wont say fan  I just really enjoyed watching them play back in the 80s , but I changed my hate for him when he came over from boston.  any way upchuck hasn't learned respect yet  it'll  beaten into him , that's just hockey karma. it exists!

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I can’t remember which “star” player said this, and to whom.  I remember an interview, many years back, and the star player told of a teammate who was running around being dirty.  The star, on the bench, told the idiot to stop it, because revenge would be coming to himself, not the idiot.  Monaghan, and Goudreau will need to keep their heads up.

Gino tells a story of Pavel once skating over to him in a game, telling him to knock it off (the rough stuff).  Perplexed, Gino asked why....Bure responded that they said they were coming for him if Gino didn't stop.   How it works sometimes.

10 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Not really.

I don't want him on this team....could you imagine?   We're finally losing the target from our back....they can have him/it.   And I left it out because the point I was making was there, in print.  He's an ass who can score.  But there are others who can score without being an ass...I want them instead.  (6)

23 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

he had a finger biting incident , and an alleged racial slur, nothing that hasn't been part of the game, but other than you suggesting he was one of the most 'classless' players in the league I havnt heard that . you must hangin around flames fans or oiler fans or something . my moneys on flames fans lol 

Hey, I have an idea though.....why not go to CP to sing his praises...will probably be better received there?   Don't expect us all to love this guy.  He is a rival....you know that, right?   If anyone's missing the point, it's you in not respecting that.  To expect anything different sort of defeats the point in this whole "fan of a team" thing.  I hate the dirtbag and that's how it's supposed to be in my world.....I'm ok with that.   My team's on my jersey, avatar, etc. and I have NO shame in that.  GO CANUCKS GO  Done now, I'll send you his poster next year this time....

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hey, I have an idea though.....why not go to CP to sing his praises...will probably be better received there?   Don't expect us all to love this guy.  He is a rival....you know that, right?   If anyone's missing the point, it's you in not respecting that.  To expect anything different sort of defeats the point in this whole "fan of a team" thing.

exactly dumping on a canuck well touting a flame whats up with that?

10 minutes ago, chon derry said:

he had a finger biting incident , and an alleged racial slur, nothing that hasn't been part of the game, but other than you suggesting he was one of the most 'classless' players in the league I havnt heard that . you must hangin around flames fans or oiler fans or something . my moneys on flames fans lol 

Apparently you forgot the Burrows o’sullivan incident. 

Apparently you forgot the Burrows o’sullivan incident. 

oh so now your gunna go to bat for the BIGGEST goof that's ever strapped on  a pair of skates .  are you a canucks fan? just wondering. or do you pick sides of a topic just to be argumentative? because the canuck fan thing has me wondering.

10 minutes ago, chon derry said:

oh so now your gunna go to bat for the BIGGEST goof that's ever strapped on  a pair of skates .  are you a canucks fan? just wondering. or do you pick sides of a topic just to be argumentative? because the canuck fan thing has me wondering.

Bat for? Even burrows came out and applogized. It was a terrible thing to say and doesn’t belong in the game. 

hmm because I do my best not to be a hypocrite it makes me a non Canuck fan?  Just because you cheer for a team doesn’t mean you become oblivious to everything outside of the city.  There’s a difference to being a fan and being a blind homer. Which one are you?

43 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Gino tells a story of Pavel once skating over to him in a game, telling him to knock it off (the rough stuff).  Perplexed, Gino asked why....Bure responded that they said they were coming for him if Gino didn't stop.   How it works sometimes.

Actually how it works.

If you intimidate our skillz  guy(s)  then we will be coming after your teams skill guy.....

Sports can be brutal.   I wonder if our current team has enough of the this type of player on it.....  A guy to hold other teams accountable....

54 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Are you a Canuck’s fan, or are you purposefully trying to get under the skin of Canuck’s fans?  Personally I hate all other teams, and actively cheer against them and their prospects.  Tkatchuk is a “troll” on skates.  He will most certainly get himself injured, and (along the way) get one of the Flames elite guys taken with him.  I’m glad we have Juilovei.  I’d rather have a 30 point, 25 minute Dman, who plays in all situations, than MT.  

Bat for? Even burrows came out and applogized. It was a terrible thing to say and doesn’t belong in the game. 

hmm because I do my best not to be a hypocrite it makes me a non Canuck fan?  Just because you cheer for a team doesn’t mean you become oblivious to everything outside of the city.  There’s a difference to being a fan and being a blind homer. Which one are you?

you didn't read me say that I was in favour of what burrows did  did you? I never liked it. i'm fan of the game, leaning towards the canucks that's the way its been for 48 of my 58 years. if I was going to be as negative towards the canucks or a specific canuck ,well i'd sign off.

40 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hey, I have an idea though.....why not go to CP to sing his praises...will probably be better received there?   Don't expect us all to love this guy.  He is a rival....you know that, right?   If anyone's missing the point, it's you in not respecting that.  To expect anything different sort of defeats the point in this whole "fan of a team" thing.  I hate the dirtbag and that's how it's supposed to be in my world.....I'm ok with that.   My team's on my jersey, avatar, etc. and I have NO shame in that.  GO CANUCKS GO  Done now, I'll send you his poster next year this time....

Here’s an idea, try being a hockey fan that likes a Canucks rather than being simply a Canucks fan.  McDavid plays for a rival, it doesn’t mean I can’t admit he’s one of the most talented players in the league.  Doughty plays for a rival, it doesn’t mean I wasn’t extremely glad he was chosen as a member of team Canada.  I hated Lucic but I would have welcomed him with open arms had canucks signed him last summer.  There’s being a fan and then being a blind fan, and you’ll have a much greater appreciation for the game and hockey discussions if you can don’t allow bias into judgment.  I know for a fact that if Tkachuk was traded today and became a Canuck, his name would be on the back of a ton a jerseys in the stands.   

Marners comments on his former teammate

“He’s a guy that can definitely put up points as well, so it’s kind of a dual thing he has going and usually when that happens, you hate the guy even more,” Marner said. “He’s a guy that it was great to have on your team, and he’s not the best to play against.”

I spent year after year defending a guy like Burrows from other teams fans that couldn’t appreciate the skillset he brought to the game.  I despised those fan’s that just judged him based on their team bias, the last thing I want to do is become the same type of fan that they were.  When people do that It makes think of comments Bolland made about the twins a few years back. 

Archived