The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tkachuk vs Kesler

CanadianRugby

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you a Canuck’s fan, or are you purposefully trying to get under the skin of Canuck’s fans?  Personally I hate all other teams, and actively cheer against them and their prospects.  Tkatchuk is a “troll” on skates.  He will most certainly get himself injured, and (along the way) get one of the Flames elite guys taken with him.  I’m glad we have Juilovei.  I’d rather have a 30 point, 25 minute Dman, who plays in all situations, than MT.  

Being a fan doesn’t mean you have to ignore reality.  There’s no point of trying to live in unicorn land believing this team can do no wrong, and the we are better than everyone else getting triggered anytime someone says something negative.  There’s no crime in admitting another player is talented that I wouldnt mind having on the team. 

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Here’s an idea, try being a hockey fan that likes a Canucks rather than being simply a Canucks fan.  McDavid plays for a rival, it doesn’t mean I can’t admit he’s one of the most talented players in the league.  Doughty plays for a rival, it doesn’t mean I wasn’t extremely glad he was chosen as a member of team Canada.  I hated Lucic but I would have welcomed him with open arms had canucks signed him last summer.  There’s being a fan and then being a blind fan, and you’ll have a much greater appreciation for the game and hockey discussions if you can don’t allow bias into judgment.  I know for a fact that if Tkachuk was traded today and became a Canuck, his name would be on the back of a ton a jerseys in the stands.   

Marners comments on his former teammate

“He’s a guy that can definitely put up points as well, so it’s kind of a dual thing he has going and usually when that happens, you hate the guy even more,” Marner said. “He’s a guy that it was great to have on your team, and he’s not the best to play against.”

I spent year after year defending a guy like Burrows from other teams fans that couldn’t appreciate the skillset he brought to the game.  I despised those fan’s that just judged him based on their team bias, the last thing I want to do is become the same type of fan that they were.  When people do that It makes think of comments Bolland made about the twins a few years back. 

That’s very noble of you, but you do accept this is the CANUCK’S FAN BOARD, right?  If you want to bestow wonderful compliments on a (clearly) hated rival, then why do that here?  Can you not see that many Canuck’s fans become reactive to those types of comments, on CDC?  

If you were defending Burrows on other teams’ fan boards with such vigorous comments as you are doing with MT here, would you not get banned, or warned, for trolling?  

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Being a fan doesn’t mean you have to ignore reality.  There’s no point of trying to live in unicorn land believing this team can do no wrong, and the we are better than everyone else getting triggered anytime someone says something negative.  There’s no crime in admitting another player is talented that I wouldnt mind having on the team. 

Certainly not.  However, is there a problem with belabouring the point to the extent Canuck’s fans (on our board) are clearly becoming upset?  Maybe you are upset that JB didn’t draft MT, and it’s spreading into this thread?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Certainly not.  However, is there a problem with belabouring the point to the extent Canuck’s fans (on our board) are clearly becoming upset?  Maybe you are upset that JB didn’t draft MT, and it’s spreading into this thread?  

I didn’t even want tkachuk I wanted sergachev. But I’m not nieve enough to admit a player is good. That’s not trolling that’s being realistic and encouraging disccsion. This is a Canucks fan board not a Canucks fan safe place. If you can’t handle the truth then maybe it’s time to take a break from engaging in a disccussion.

imo blind fans and bandwagoners offer the least amount of insight to hockey discussions. 

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I didn’t even want tkachuk I wanted sergachev. But I’m not nieve enough to admit a player is good. That’s not trolling that’s being realistic and encouraging disccsion. This is a Canucks fan board not a Canucks fan safe place. If you can’t handle the truth then maybe it’s time to take a break from engaging in a disccussion.

imo blind fans and bandwagoners offer the least amount of insight to hockey discussions. 

I too wanted Sergachev, but that’s not the point.  This is CDC, and actually it is supposed to be a safe place for Canuck’s fans.  That’s why the moderators have the power to determine posters’ intent.  We are supposed to not demean others (not you in this case) and we are supposed stop discussion if it is (clearly) causing trouble.  Considering this is CDC, and you are arguing in favour of a Calgary player, perhaps you should be the one to reconsider your position?  If this was a Calgary board, then I would reconsider, of course.  

We are WAY off topic.

I hate Tkatchuk, and believe he is going to get himself seriously injured, and take Monaghan with him.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I too wanted Sergachev, but that’s not the point.  This is CDC, and actually it is supposed to be a safe place for Canuck’s fans.  That’s why the moderators have the power to determine posters’ intent.  We are supposed to not demean others (not you in this case) and we are supposed stop discussion if it is (clearly) causing trouble.  Considering this is CDC, and you are arguing in favour of a Calgary player, perhaps you should be the one to reconsider your position?  If this was a Calgary board, then I would reconsider, of course.  

We are WAY off topic.

I hate Tkatchuk, and believe he is going to get himself seriously injured, and take Monaghan with him.  

This board wouldn’t exist if it didn’t allow opposing ideas. It is not a safe space and it’s not trolling to appreciate a skill set. It’s trolling ignoring talent. Aka what bolland said about the twins. 

Fact is, while Tkachuk's fight against Kesler was essentially a run of the mill, younger player biting off more than he could chew against a veteran, that doesn't take away from the fact that Tkachuk is a dirty player willing to risk opposing players health and livelihood to justify his style of play.

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If spearing is crossing the line, then I agree with you. It'll never truly injure a player, long-term, but it's a cheap move, especially from the bench.

Do you believe that Virtanen's hit on Polak (I think?) was similar to Tkachuk's hit on Doughty?

Carey Wilson had his spleen ruptured by a spear in the play offs of 1986. Lucky to have not bled to death, spleens as a solid organ bleed badly when ruptured.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fact is, while Tkachuk's fight against Kesler was essentially a run of the mill, younger player biting off more than he could chew against a veteran, that doesn't take away from the fact that Tkachuk is a dirty player willing to risk opposing players health and livelihood to justify his style of play.

And we’d all love if he was a member of the Canucks.  Our arena would be filled with his jerseys. Just as it was with burrows and Kesler one. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Wouldn't he be a snowflake that got triggered, in your lexicon?

Sure. Doesn’t mean it’s a disgusting and classless thing to bring up. 

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

And we’d all love if he was a member of the Canucks.  Our arena would be filled with his jerseys. Just as it was with burrows and Kesler one. 

No, "we" wouldn't. You and others may like it, but many would not.

Let's be real now, if Tkachukie played here, he would probably be a fan favourite. Also, he's obviously doing well with his agitating role, if he's pissed of fans from all around the league. Second, Kesler kicked his ass. Third, we need an agitator of our own again.

12 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Uh......no. You might.

12 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

O' Sullivan should hand in his Fenian card if he can't handle the heat on the ice.

The only disgusting and classless thing that occurred was what O' Sullivan's father did to him over those years.

O' Sullivan is a dingleberry who was looking to bring up something that occurred years previous, merely so that he could gain some traction for his post-hockey pursuits.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

... that doesn't take away from the fact that Tkachuk is a dirty player willing to risk opposing players health and livelihood to justify his style of play.

As was Kesler, Burrows, Cooke... its a long list. 

We love our own rats here, I get that, but it gets a bit much sometimes. 

if MT had been drafted here, the whole lot of you would be lining up to defend him. Just like Deb on Burrows. It’s kind of bizarre, but fun for fans. It’s a little too 1984 for me, but that just my preference as a hockey fan, fist and foremost, before I am a Canucks fan. Not to mention, a fan of Canucks’ rats, or others. 

It’s actually kind of humorous to watch and read, but it does get old. “Credibility”, well that’s only for the herd to decide.

Screw hockey fans who don’t conform to the homervision theme here! Rah rah rah.

Minus those who don’t cheer in unison! Wooot! 

I get it. Some balance here would be nice sometimes though. 

49 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Kesler wasn't a rat. He dived, but could dominate a game based on his pure talent and capability. Burrows was a good player made better by playing with the Sedins. When he pulled Keith's hair or jabbed someone with a stick, it was embarrassing. Cooke was a tool. 

As much as you'd like to pump everyone in with your narrow view of things, just saying we and hoping that it sticks is a fun game, but not reality. 

if MT had been drafted here, the whole lot of you would be lining up to defend him. 

Again. An assumption is not a fact. Never will be. 

Justlike Deb on Burrows. It’s kind of bizarre, but fun for fans. It’s a little too 1984 for me, but that just my preference as a hockey fan, fist and foremost, before I am a Canucks fan. Not to mention, a fan of Canucks’ rats, or others. 

It’s actually kind of humorous to watch and read, but it does get old. “Credibility”, well that’s only for the herd to decide.

You're funny. 

Who did I minus? You seem to have multiple axes to grind, and it's funny how you can't even get them organized properly out to whom downvoted you. Just spew and hope it sticks hey?

On 12/29/2017 at 10:00 PM, CanuckGAME said:

Don't love how Kesler left.  But he will always be one of the greatest players to ever wear a Vancouver Canucks uniform.  Will always love and respect the dude for what he did for this franchise.

Well said. I've gotten to the same point as you have.

Initially I had nothing but hate for him... lost my voice his first game back here boo'ing but I've realized what he did for the franchise now. 

And it's not like we got ripped off on that trade... we Bonino who led Pitts to back to back cups... Sbisa who is arguably the most underrated man on the planet and McCann that turned into Guddy. 

Solid trade... if only Jimbo had hung on to all the pieces though.

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

if MT had been drafted here, the whole lot of you would be lining up to defend him. Just like Deb on Burrows. It’s kind of bizarre, but fun for fans. It’s a little too 1984 for me, but that just my preference as a hockey fan, fist and foremost, before I am a Canucks fan. Not to mention, a fan of Canucks’ rats, or others. 

It’s not supposed to be balanced though, especially considering the player (MT) the recent history of the draft, and the team he plays for.  This is a Canuck’s board, not a Calgary board, so I would expect opinions here to lean heavily in favour of the Canucks.  (I hate Kesler too, and wish they both broke their hands on each other’s ignorant skull.) Canuck’s fans absolutely come in all shapes and sizes, and have varying opinions.  However, promoting a hated Calgary player on this board could certainly be considered inciting controversy beyond expected fan differences, no?  

Could you imagine in the late 80’s and early to mid 90’s to go into a Calgary bar (on the red mile) and announce how great Trevor Linden is, and that Flame’s fans need to respect players on other teams, even if they hate them?  Behaving in such a way would absolutely be considered instigating a fight.  Why is it different today, here on CDC?  

Archived