The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unrest in Iran

CBH1926

Anti regime protests, have been going on in Iran for the last few days.

Partially motivated by politics and the economy.

High unemployment amongst young people, corruption and restrictions have fueled this.

Another regime that should focus on domestic issues instead of external enemies.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-rallies/iran-protesters-rally-again-defying-warning-of-crackdown-idUSKBN1EP064

^Oh gee..haven't we heard this spiel before, about other nations in that region? D'ya see a pattern, by chance?

WHICH nation, pray tell..should serve as a "shining beacon" for these global laggards to model themselves after? If you chose 'E'..none of the above, give yerself a cookie!

19 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

^Oh gee..haven't we heard this spiel before, about other nations in that region? D'ya see a pattern, by chance?

WHICH nation, pray tell..should serve as a "shining beacon" for these global laggards to model themselves after? If you chose 'E'..none of the above, give yerself a cookie!

I don't know man, I see Iran as being unique compared to the rest of the region. It's not the citizens fault that their revolt resulted in an even worse regime than they originally had back in 1979. 

28 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Anti regime protests, have been going on in Iran for the last few days.

Partially motivated by politics and the economy.

High unemployment amongst young people, corruption and restrictions have fueled this.

Another regime that should focus on domestic issues instead of external enemies.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-rallies/iran-protesters-rally-again-defying-warning-of-crackdown-idUSKBN1EP064

They are focusing on external issues because of the internal issues - its textbook governing.  

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

I don't know man, I see Iran as being unique compared to the rest of the region. It's not the citizens fault that their revolt resulted in an even worse regime than they originally had back in 1979. 

Won't pretend to know their history, but I'm 99% certain western meddling will have played it's part. As the yrs roll by, find this incontrovertible fact more & more depressing.

9 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Won't pretend to know their history, but I'm 99% certain western meddling will have played it's part. As the yrs roll by, find this incontrovertible fact more & more depressing.

That makes sense seeing as you blame "western meddling" for every countries internal problems 100% of the time. :P

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yeah....you really don't know history. 

Well they say it's written by the winners. Who've declared a lot of that is fake. Let's not be too hard on ourselves, if all is not as transparent as we'd like.

From that part of the world(regionally) agreements have recently been revealed, that were covered for decades. If anyone(including yourself) wants to speak in absolutes, implying they know the whole story, it's all entitled.

Arrogance amongst the west, is a theme that reemerges frequently.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

That makes sense seeing as you blame "western meddling" for every countries internal problems 100% of the time. :P

Would really prefer you put my name on your ignore list..pls & thanks :^)

9 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Well they say it's written by the winners. Who've declared a lot of that is fake. Let's not be too hard on ourselves, if all is not as transparent as we'd like.

From that part of the world(regionally) agreements have recently been revealed, that were covered for decades. If anyone(including yourself) wants to speak in absolutes, implying they know the whole story, it's all entitled.

Arrogance amongst the west, is a theme that reemerges frequently.

Would really prefer you put my name on your ignore list..pls & thanks :^)

Oh lord, the Iranian Revolution was against the US backed regime. I wasn't saying the US didn't meddle in other country's affairs. 

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

No system is perfect in my opinion, there are good and bad things in all systems.

But if you think that Scandinavia, Japan, Canada etc. can be compared to Saudi Arabia, Iran etc.

I think you have start hitting the New Years booze little too soon my friend.

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

No system is perfect in my opinion, there are good and bad things in all systems.

But if you think that Scandinavia, Japan, Canada etc. can be compared to Saudi Arabia, Iran etc.

I think you have start hitting the New Years booze little to soon my friend.

Hmm..you've taken the creative-reading course, & excelled? Quite an inference, to extract that from my posts.

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh lord, the Iranian Revolution was against the US backed regime. I wasn't saying the US didn't meddle in other country's affairs. 

Don't feel like falling down this rabbit hole, on what is largely a Van sporting site.

There's a nice supply of pretty good lectures on such subjects(youtube) from luminaries like Hedges & Chomsky, for people with the time & desire to delve deeply.

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Hmm..you've taken the creative-reading course, & excelled? Quite an inference, to extract that from my posts.

Well, your writing reminds me of quatrains, I feel I need Pythia to help me decipher it.

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Don't feel like falling down this rabbit hole, on what is largely a Van sporting site.

There's a nice supply of pretty good lectures on such subjects(youtube) from luminaries like Hedges & Chomsky, for people with the time & desire to delve deeply.

...............okay?

Archived