The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unrest in Iran

CBH1926

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So your two posts in this thread are about Trump and the U.S?

My two posts in here are about how hypocritical the US is after propping up endless dictators and supplying weapons to the middle east.  Arming their own police forces while crying about how other countries are somehow holding up democracy.

Your inability to see the irony here is intentional I understand but still ignorant

And about how Harvey was chiming in about Charlotte NC during this tragedy yet is now yet again posting random twitter links from what appears to be the opposite stance.

As always pointing out the hypocrisy and shining a light on the ignorant.

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

My two posts in here are about how hypocritical the US is after propping up endless dictators and supplying weapons to the middle east.  Arming their own police forces while crying about how other countries are somehow holding up democracy.

Your inability to see the irony here is intentional I understand but still ignorant

And about how Harvey was chiming in about Charlotte NC during this tragedy yet is now yet again posting random twitter links from what appears to be the opposite stance.

As always pointing out the hypocrisy and shining a light on the ignorant.

Unless someone was born yesterday they're well aware of U.S hypocrisy well before Trump. The U.S has staunchly opposed Iran since the revolution in 1979 and now stand with the protesters opposing this brutal regime. 

Again everyone understands U.S hypocrisy, Egypt, Iraq, Arabia, etc however this protest is not about the U.S nor has the U.S ever supported this regime.

Btw I'm well aware the regime prior to the revolution was just as bad if not worse which was backed by the U.S and Britain.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Unless someone was born yesterday they're well aware of U.S hypocrisy well before Trump. The U.S has staunchly opposed Iran since the revolution in 1979 and now stand with the protesters opposing this brutal regime. 

Again everyone understands U.S hypocrisy, Egypt, Iraq, Arabia, etc however this protest is not about the U.S nor has the U.S ever supported this regime.

You don't think that Trump threatening Iran numerous times since taking power has anything to do with things?  The US indicating Israel and Saudi Arabia could "take care of business" has anything to do with things?  Or the US monitors magically finding perfectly intact Iranian weapons markings including which arms factory and area of the country it was created in; appeared on a missile fired from Yemen, has anything to do with fanning these flames?

fear makes people do funny things

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You don't think that Trump threatening Iran numerous times since taking power has anything to do with things?  The US indicating Israel and Saudi Arabia could "take care of business" has anything to do with things?  Or the US monitors magically finding perfectly intact Iranian weapons markings including which arms factory and area of the country it was created in; appeared on a missile fired from Yemen, has anything to do with fanning these flames?

It's my understanding the protesters don't want anything to do with Trump or the U.S. As for threats to Iran, well Obama and Bush also threatened them. It's a brutal regime that funds terrorism and yes the regime pre 1979 was just as brutal. 

Imo this isn't about the U.S I hope the Iranians can overthrow this government without a conflict, I know it's doubtful. The biggest concern is what do you end up with afterwards? An even worse regime? It's possible.

I can say here and now if this uprising does turn into a conflict I absolutely do NOT want to see Canada send troops to Iran.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's my understanding the protesters don't want anything to do with Trump or the U.S. As for threats to Iran, well Obama and Bush also threatened them. It's a brutal regime that funds terrorism and yes the regime pre 1979 was just as brutal. 

Imo this isn't about the U.S I hope the Iranians can overthrow this government without a conflict, I know it's doubtful. The biggest concern is what do you end up with afterwards? An even worse regime? It's possible.

I can say here and now if this uprising does turn into a conflict I absolutely do NOT want to see Canada send troops to Iran.

I think I was pretty outspoken about what happens.

Israel/Iran/Saudi Arabia end up in a fight.  The US is dragged in "unwillingly" the arab league jumps in as well, this frees up troops in and near Russia and China allowing the Russian and Chinese superpowers to expand more freely and inevitably we end up with a redrawn map of the world in which millions are dead and others are still bravely screaming freedumb from behind their computers

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Israel/Iran/Saudi Arabia end up in a fight.  The US is dragged in "unwillingly" the arab league jumps in as well, this frees up troops in and near Russia and China allowing the Russian and Chinese superpowers to expand more freely and inevitably we end up with a redrawn map of the world in which millions are dead and others are still bravely screaming freedumb from behind their computers

Well that Certainly is a possibility however I think Russia would be dragged in creating another proxy war between the U.S and Russia. That being said I would still oppose Canadian troops getting involved. 

On 01/01/2018 at 9:57 PM, Ryan Strome said:

Yup the Russians are just as guilty as the U.S. I don't think overlord thought about that post before he/she made it. Tbh depending how bad this situation gets I wouldn't be surprised to see the Russians intervene in Iran to support the current regime. It would only further a proxy war with the U.S but Iran became a strong ally in the region for Russia.

It's hard to say especially with a Russian election in the spring but depending how bad things get or how it drags out it could involve Russia, U.S, Arabia and Israel.

As for China I don't really even follow that argument as they're busy cyber attacking the U.S and worrying about a Japanese military build up. Certainly China has a strong military but as far as intervention and using force for their own gain thats predominantly the U.S and Russia.

Actually I did make a somewhat similar post a day or two ago.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

30 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well that Certainly is a possibility however I think Russia would be dragged in creating another proxy war between the U.S and Russia. That being said I would still oppose Canadian troops getting involved. 

This would be the point in time in which abstaining from anything involving the middle east or North Korea would be in the best long term interests of canada.  Investing in infrastructure to mitigate the upcoming gas crisis that is about to hit (Seriously, they're already expecting $1.50+ in large parts of the country) and avoiding ruffling to many feathers.

Russia won't stand idly by, they'll arm whoever the US opposes while continuing to eat small bites of the baltics and easter Europe, China will continue expanding unabated in to the South China Sea and might outright annex Taiwan.  It would be the perfect time for India/Palestine to flair up again or for India to start setting it's sights on the Himalayan range roads China contests

Iran is in protest like any civilized country has.  It's what comes of it that will set the tone for whether we eat from stoves or caves

28 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually I did make a somewhat similar post a day or two ago.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

You're actually trying to blame Trump for this mess, really?  That's a new low even for you my friend...

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

Basically.  Trump lives rent free in Hippy's head 24/7...  B)

Maybe so, but he's not ripping off poor clients on the coast 24/7 and making excuses why it's ok on one hand and pretending to be against it on another while blaming a party with the same moral compass of the guy he loves elsewhere ;)

Tick Tock champ

Just now, Harvey Spector said:

You're actually trying to blame Trump for this mess, really?  That's a new low even for you my friend...

Shouldn't you be accusing people of pizza gate pedophilia and pretending to feel bad about what you do?

Just now, Warhippy said:

Maybe so, but he's not ripping off poor clients on the coast 24/7 and making excuses why it's ok on one hand and pretending to be against it on another while blaming a party with the same moral compass of the guy he loves elsewhere ;)

Tick Tock champ

Stop using my line, you and Phillip need to get some new material champ...  ^_^

Archived