Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - TOR

VAN:

Travis Dermott 

2018 2nd Round Draft Pick

TOR:

Erik Gudbranson

2018 3rd Round Draft Pick

• With Botchford reporting that the Canucks are looking for a 22-23 year old player & a draft pick in return, this deal seems pretty realistic.
  • JB overpays a little with the 3rd rounder, & the Canucks get back a solid D prospect, along with an additional second rounder this year.

30 minutes ago, DudePerfect said:

VAN:

Travis Dermott 

2018 2nd Round Draft Pick

TOR:

Erik Gudbranson

2018 3rd Round Draft Pick

• With Botchford reporting that the Canucks are looking for a 22-23 year old player & a draft pick in return, this deal seems pretty realistic.
  • JB overpays a little with the 3rd rounder, & the Canucks get back a solid D prospect, along with an additional second rounder this year.

How about we keep Guddy?  Why would we help out TO, and give them a deal too?  

16 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I swear, every single proposal involving Toronto has Gudbranson going to the Maple Leafs..

It is to be expected any of our pending FA's should be the high majority of players we hear about or should be looking to deal in a trade.

yes it is redundant but thats how it goes. Only have to wait 2 more months till trade deadline!!

Someone posted a one for one deal with tor involving liljigren a lily toe while ago which At the time I was meh about but now I’m warming up to it 

to tor: gudbranson

to van: liljegren 

Obviously him slipping 10+ spots in the first round is alarming but it fills needs for both teams. Although, This deal would make Toronto “all in” this season so I’m not sure if that’s what they’re thinking about right now 

1 hour ago, Yotes said:

It is to be expected any of our pending FA's should be the high majority of players we hear about or should be looking to deal in a trade.

yes it is redundant but thats how it goes. Only have to wait 2 more months till trade deadline!!

still a bit weird how everyone wants gudbranson only to go to Toronto

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Aren't the Laffs up against the cap?  Any cap in would have to = cap out meaning no trades involving roster guys for prospects. 

I can see Polak or another salaried guy coming back.

No way should we be including any of our picks

One of Dermott/Neilson+conditional 2nd (SJ or Tor)+Polak should suffice

6 hours ago, billabong said:

Someone posted a one for one deal with tor involving liljigren a lily toe while ago which At the time I was meh about but now I’m warming up to it 

Obviously him slipping 10+ spots in the first round is alarming but it fills needs for both teams. Although, This deal would make Toronto “all in” this season so I’m not sure if that’s what they’re thinking about right now 

I was screaming at home for JB to trade into the 10-15 range to select Liljegren when I saw him slipping that far.. Then the leafs took him at 17th and I cried a little.

I believe he made quite a stir at the pre-season so I doubt they would trade him but my god I'd be straight up pumped to have him in our system.

Then again if Benning is planning to pitch for Dahlin then maybe getting a bunch of picks to throw together a trade up deal makes more sense looking forward to the draft... Yet I think any team trading down from Dahlin would be a damn fool lol.

8 hours ago, billabong said:

But Liljegren is the best D-men in the draft and they got the steal of a lifetime. Surely it will cost more than that to acquire that gem.

And for those that will definitely miss the obvious sarcasm, here is my sarcasm disclaimer.

15 hours ago, billabong said:

I wish, but no chance in the world that the Leafs give up their top defensive prospect for a rental of Erik Gudbransson.  They wouldn't do it if we added our second round pick.  At this point I don't know if they'd even trade him for Juolevi

I would like to add 1st round picks to give Benning flexibility to move up or make trades at the draft.

If they want Gudbranson, do it for their 1st round pick and stop there.  Right now it would be 21st overall.  That would be great added to our 1st and 2nd.  We could use those to move up if we don't win the lottery.

18 hours ago, billabong said:

Toronto is tight on cap space, I don't think they can take on Gud's 3.5M.  They are also maxed out at 50 contracts so maybe van takes on a bad contract in this proposal.  I'm guessing it takes a huge overpayment to  acquire Liljegren.  Might need to throw in a higher draft pick too. 

Archived