The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Loui Eriksson for Bobby Ryan

rekker

20 minutes ago, mll said:

It's a 30M bet - he is still owed 4 x 7.5M in actual cash.  A buyout is more than 20M in actual cash because of the bonuses.  Eriksson has 20M left.  

Bobby Ryan was asked to drastically change his game under Boucher - his words.  He wrote an article in the Player's Tribune ahead of last year's conference finals where he explained that at the grocery store fans want to offer him advice to score more.  He says he's actually doing what the team is asking him to do and rather well, but that his new role does limit his scoring opportunities.  Maybe on a new team he would be used differently.  Before Boucher took over he had two seasons of about 55pts.

true Ryan is owed more money, but from a cap-hit perspective on a buyout its much better - Loui is 5.5 for 3 years, then 3.5 then 0.5 for 4. Ryan is 3.6 for 4 then 1.8 for another 4, so its easier to absorb from a cap-management pov and has less impact on other signings. 

But you're right, under Green he may find new life along the lines of Vanek, he looks as good as he's been in quite a while. 

A change might do both of these guys a lot of good. I like a lot of what Loui can do, but its just not working consistently unfortunately (is that the understatement of the year award?)

On 1/1/2018 at 8:17 PM, rekker said:

Two bad contracts. Ryan 7.25 for four more. Loui is 6 for four more.  Ryan is 30 years old.  Loui is 32.

Ryan may be happy for a change, but I'm doubtful Eriksson would go from a bad situation to a worse one.

Ottawa has all kinds of issues, both on and off the ice.

We have our own issues but, at least, we're heading in the right direction.

I do see a better fit in Bobby but I don't see Loui waiving to go there.

Archived