The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson vs Tryamkin (Discussion)

Tryamkin vs Gudbranson  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, pretty simple...............

Gud wants a new contract worth in the area of 4 to 5 million

So............4.25 million for 5 years........no NTC

VS

Tryamkin

5.0 million for 7 years.........................no NTC

Which one do you take or do you pass?

People might be asking why I used such big numbers or length of contracts, but I was trying to compare them to what Gudbranson is wanting...maybe not what he is going to get, but......RHD are hard to find......and he was not a minus tonight despite his minutes, against a decent club......I thought he played as good as anyone! Better than most!

Guddy personally. Shorter term, less dollars. Tram is interesting though. 5 mil isn't terrible. I feel like he was well on his way to being a top 4 d-man, if he wasn't already towards the end of the season. Personally if we had both that'd be pretty great. Tram and Guddy on two different pairs. We likely aren't scoring a lot of goals from the back end but we'd be a physical presence. Lol

I don't think you'd need to pay THAT much for Tryamkin. But I'd certainly offer him something like 2 years, $3.5 million as a bridge to come over and show he's committed to the team, leading to an eventual longer term deal.

Gud has gotta go. Even if he could stay healthy, I wouldn't want to commit over $4M to him. But with the health concerns added, it's a complete non-starter.

Groot for sure, younger and maybe this time around he gets to play relaxed, knowing he made the team.

Willie got a lot of blame for the way Groot was played but I wonder if it is not management telling the coach how to play certain players? I say his because Virtanen is getting played the same way, benching without any obvious reasons.

Groot was a rookie, Guddy had 5 years in the NHL under his belt and the comparison wasn't really close, Groot.

30 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Groot for sure, younger and maybe this time around he gets to play relaxed, knowing he made the team.

Willie got a lot of blame for the way Groot was played but I wonder if it is not management telling the coach how to play certain players? I say his because Virtanen is getting played the same way, benching without any obvious reasons.

Groot was a rookie, Guddy had 5 years in the NHL under his belt and the comparison wasn't really close, Groot.

That's how Virt was played when Green had him in Utica last season.

5 mil for 7 for Nik? I think thats a lot for a guy who did still need a lot of work and didn't demonstrate a lot of commitment to the team.

In this scenario Guddy is the right choice, yes he has holes but with the right partner he's very effective and its also a much more tradable contract. 

Archived