The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Golden Knights re-sign Jonathan Marchessault

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

great deal for him. Vegas has gone from expansion draft to signing core players in 1/2 a season. I wonder if Seattle is going to be able to pull this off to? 

If Seattle is given a quality roster much like Vegas was, then yeah, I think they are competitive right out of the shoot. I miss the days where expansion teams had to work their way into the league, survive, and thrive. Feels like these new expansion teams become successful right away. I'd lose it if Vegas or Seattle wins a Cup before Vancouver does. 

2 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

Yay, the corsi god!! I love him! Still can't believe FLA let him go, he's been unreal in Vegas. 

This was one of those things where Florida said, "Hey, we know how much you want this guy. What will you give us to let him go?" Instead of every other team's approach of, "What can we give you to make you not pick any of these guys?" Isles got killed in the expansion draft. They could have protected him instead of someone else they wanted. Dale Tallon knew they were gonna be defense heavy. Very good strategy, IMO.

Back to earth for Vegas. They've had success with all the new low cost toys they have. Their success has lead them to have to start paying the players now. Only a matter of time and they will have their share of bloated contracts. Actually this contract is too much and too long. He is making just a little less than Horvat. To put it in perspective.  I would never trade Bo for him one foe one.

Archived