The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Anthony Duclair requests trade

1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

Just slightly worse than the "foundational", "meat & potatoes", "competitive environment" Canucks over the last 4+ seasons. And I emphasize slightly.

Except i argue that we are running along nicely...

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

LE for Duclair with Vancouver adding another prospect piece is not out of the question as they need some veteran presence, have oodles of CAP space and they did great in getting Radim back on board and LE could be their veteran presence they are missing so badly.   The other piece could be someone like Holm or similar - a pretty much "NHL ready" body that they have as an asset as well.   

While I would entertain any conceivable scenario to rid ourselves of the majority (or entirety) of LE's contract (let's face it - it just hasn't worked out the way JB/LE/anyone else thought it would here for the guy for whatever reason), LE waives his NMC for that joke of a franchise exactly why (please don't tell me change of scenery and all)? 

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

While I would entertain any conceivable scenario to rid ourselves of the majority (or entirety) of LE's contract (let's face it - it just hasn't worked out the way JB/LE/anyone else thought it would here for the guy for whatever reason), LE waives his NMC for that joke of a franchise exactly why (please don't tell me change of scenery and all)? 

No idea, I haven't asked him.   

7 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

because he's not wanted here with the way he's performing. 

i think benning would be the first to admit that if he could get rid of LE, he would. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

i think benning is the first to admit that if he could get rid of LE, he would. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with you.

I just don't see a veteran guy like LE waiving his NMC which he's worked his entire career to earn, to move himself and his family to that unstable (and that's putting it politely) joke of a franchise which can barely keep afloat on the ice let alone off the ice.  Now if someone said LE to Dal (or some other competitive club with some long-term upside and record of success) then I might think that's plausible - but AZ, come on now.....

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

i think benning would be the first to admit that if he could get rid of LE, he would. 

try to retain some salary and move him. He could help a playoff team. He is a dependable player, he just has not fit in on our team and we are not headed in the right direction, was a bad signing that has bit us. He took a while to get going with Boston too, I guess you hold your breath and hope he turns it around here maybe end of this year or next season.

But I would rather save most of his cap space and put it to better use.

I did just start a thread about LE value with some salary retention if your interested in commenting in their would be happy to hear what you think 

Yuck to giving up Baer for him.  Sven has proven chemistry with Bo and Brock... he’s decent defensively and our offence sure feels like it’s struggling since he’s gone down. 

Chayka wants picks or young players for Duclair.  It’s fun to dream ways to offload Loui or somehow snag Chychrun as well but I’d eat my hat if either of those things happened.

I’d do Goldobin for Duclair. If they prefers picks (no Goldobin)  I’d offer a 3rd for him as well but I think Ari would want a 2nd. Not sure anything else fits or makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

try to retain some salary and move him. He could help a playoff team. He is a dependable player, he just has not fit in on our team and we are not headed in the right direction, was a bad signing that has bit us. He took a while to get going with Boston too, I guess you hold your breath and hope he turns it around here maybe end of this year or next season.

But I would rather save most of his cap space and put it to better use.

I did just start a thread about LE value with some salary retention if your interested in commenting in their would be happy to hear what you think 

where's the thread? 

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

Yuck to giving up Baer for him.  Sven has proven chemistry with Bo and Brock... he’s decent defensively and our offence sure feels like it’s struggling since he’s gone down. 

Chayka wants picks or young players for Duclair.  It’s fun to dream ways to offload Loui or somehow snag Chychrun as well but I’d eat my hat if either of those things happened.

I’d do Goldobin for Duclair.  I’d offer a 3rd for him as well but I think Ari would want a 2nd. Not sure anything else fits or makes sense.

Might be a fair trade. How do the two compare, though? Is Duclair better defensively? Goldobin I feel might have the higher offensive ceiling. 

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I’d do Goldobin for Duclair.  I’d offer a 3rd for him as well but I think Ari would want a 2nd. Not sure anything else fits or makes sense.

And I'd agree with you about giving up on Sven. He looks like your classic late bloomer, and I think his best offensive years are still yet ahead of him.

11 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I’d do Goldobin for Duclair. If they prefers picks (no Goldobin)  I’d offer a 3rd for him as well but I think Ari would want a 2nd. Not sure anything else fits or makes sense.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Duclair is far more proven than Goldobin, and likely has higher value. But Chayka is over a barrel here.

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Might be a fair trade. How do the two compare, though? Is Duclair better defensively? Goldobin I feel might have the higher offensive ceiling. 

He might... I don’t know much about Duclair other than he’s 2 years removed from a decent 20 goal, 44 point year.  I’d trust management on it and would be perfectly fine if we kept Goldy. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

And I'd agree with you about giving up on Sven. He looks like your classic late bloomer, and I think his best offensive years are still yet ahead of him.

Yeah, other than Brock and Bo who else do we have under 30 who can reliably produce offence?  Goldobin and Virtanen aren’t there yet, Granny has slowed down this year and Pettersson just one body.  Zero reason to sell Baer, especially on a gamble.

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Fwiw at the start of the season Ferraro was asked which player interests him the most.  He obviously answered Boeser but added that he is a Baertschi guy.  He thinks there's a real good offensive player there and sounded curious to see where he can go to this season. 

Just now, mll said:

Fwiw at the start of the season Ferraro was asked which player interests him the most.  He obviously answered Boeser but added that he is a Baertschi guy.  He thinks there's a real good offensive player there and sounded curious to see where he can go to this season. 

I like him, I am curious if we can sign him for around 4m right now? If we can I would probably keep him. when he comes back if he plays great im not sold on him as a 5m player. He is good but he is a complimentary player who does fade off in games, but has gotten better about that especially this year prior to injury

1 minute ago, mll said:

And Ray would know a thing or two about NHL goal scoring. 

I'm a big fan of Bartschi, and his offensive tools and potential. I think he can be a consistent 50-55 point player, honestly. Maybe a 60 point guy? 

Anything above that would be complete gravy. 

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

He might... I don’t know much about Duclair other than he’s 2 years removed from a decent 20 goal, 44 point year.  I’d trust management on it and would be perfectly fine if we kept Goldy. 

Yeah, other than Brock and Bo who else do we have under 30 who can reliably produce offence?  Goldobin and Virtanen aren’t there yet, Granny has slowed down this year and Pettersson just one body.  Zero reason to sell Baer, especially on a gamble.

Yeah. Brock is a lock for 30 goals, it feels like. 

Bo might get there ocassionally, but i'm not sure if he's a consistent threat at 30. MIght be more close to 30 goals - 25-27/28 consistent goal scorer. I mean, I'd take that as well. That's pretty good goal production, if he can do that consistently. 

I would not trade Baertschi for Duclair. Baertschi is now a proven top 6 forward (more 2nd liner type) while Duclair is struggling to find his footing and may not when getting here. He is only 25 so he is within our current rebuild window if everything pans out. Aside from his chemistry with Horvat (I'm not sure how long he will play with him once the other prospects come in), he has shown that he can play a gritty game on top of his offense. Duclair will unlikely provide anything substantially better to take on the risk.

Archived