Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Anthony Duclair requests trade


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Thank you! 

 

It's the one player type we already have an abundance of. 

I don't understand how most of CDC doesn't get this.  If anything, we are going to have too many such players in a couple of years.  That's ok as it will help us facilitate trades for the more elite players we need, but considering we're talking about a trade proposal here I'm not really interested in giving anything up to get a guy like this.  Let alone Baertschi - which was suggested earlier in the thread.

Oddly, we are more needing a big, fast, bruising replacement for Dorsett over a middle 6 player... but in the end, we're not at all in "need" for any forwards... save for perhaps an elite LW.  We really ought to be focused on defense, imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, theo5789 said:

I would not trade Baertschi for Duclair. Baertschi is now a proven top 6 forward (more 2nd liner type) while Duclair is struggling to find his footing and may not when getting here. He is only 25 so he is within our current rebuild window if everything pans out. Aside from his chemistry with Horvat (I'm not sure how long he will play with him once the other prospects come in), he has shown that he can play a gritty game on top of his offense. Duclair will unlikely provide anything substantially better to take on the risk.

Granlund not being used in a scoring role like last year, would you move him?

 

We do need to try and get another LW with some decent scoring upside as Daniel is all but done this year or maybe next. Duclair is nhl ready, Goldobin is darn close I think he deserves more ice to work through his defensive woes. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

I don't understand how most of CDC doesn't get this.  If anything, we are going to have too many such players in a couple of years.  That's ok as it will help us facilitate trades for the more elite players we need, but considering we're talking about a trade proposal here I'm not really interested in giving anything up to get a guy like this.  Let alone Baertschi - which was suggested earlier in the thread.

Oddly, we are more needing a big, fast, bruising replacement for Dorsett over a middle 6 player... but in the end, we're not at all in "need" for any forwards... save for perhaps an elite LW.  We really ought to be focused on defense, imo.

I'd be ok with moving some of our W depth for a young C but yes, primarily D should be our focus. 

 

Kane should be that LW'er this summer :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a Hutton or Stecher plus one of Nilsson or markstrom is fair honestly.

 

Arizona has the worst goaltending going and have all but cemented thattop seed for the lottery. 

 

Miggt as well try to end the season with some respectability 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fateless said:

I've always liked Duclair. Felt like Arizona hasn't been able to pull the best out of Duclair and I think someone is going to get a steal of a deal for him. Hopefully its us.

 

I'd be willing to look at a Hutton for Duclair deal, or something of similar value. 

 

4 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I feel like the suggestions of Hutton for Duclair are fairly reasonable, though we might have to add a little but more to even it up. Perhaps add a 4th?

I like your guys thinking.  How has he been doing in ARZ this year?  Is he still somewhat productive? or has he gone cold in the dessert?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

baertschi

nilsson

 

for

 

duclair

minnesota 2nd round pick

 

Gives us a cheaper top 6 potential lw. Baer is going to command how much? is he worth it?

 

We save some cap space by moving Nilsson.

 

I would then try to move Edler to Detroit for Mrazek and the higher of the 2 2nd round picks they have.

 

Mrazek is a decent goalie imo, fresh start for him and he could push Marky more so than Nilsson has of late. Mrazek is only 25 and has a decent amount of nhl experience.

 

This also allows Demko to continue developing and groom him down in Utica.

 

Plus we would have 3 2nd round picks, so good chance we could trade back into the 1st round again for the right player if they were to fall

I went with this combo in NHL 18.  Mrazek stole Marky's #1 job.  Markstrom was doing kinda poor and I needed to insulate for a playoff run.  Didn't want to risk forcing Demko into the starter role if marky faultered.  Nilsson was ok for me but ya.  That would be 1 trade I would fully support.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Granlund not being used in a scoring role like last year, would you move him?

 

We do need to try and get another LW with some decent scoring upside as Daniel is all but done this year or maybe next. Duclair is nhl ready, Goldobin is darn close I think he deserves more ice to work through his defensive woes. 

 

I would rather move Hutton.  Granlund is good defensively and can contribute offensively.  I think that makes a big difference. My issue with goldie is he isn't super on point on D.  I feel safe with granny out there.  Duclair i feel might have similar issues defensively but who am I? I barely pay attention to ARZ so feel free to correct me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Yotes said:

thinking about it, I would rather pay more and go after Galchenyuk if Montreal is willing to move him.

 

Gally on a line with Bo and Boeser could be amazing.

 

Duclair would be an interesting swap for granlund

Granlund for Duclair may actually be a fair trade. With that being said, Arizona probably doesn't do it. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

 

I like your guys thinking.  How has he been doing in ARZ this year?  Is he still somewhat productive? or has he gone cold in the dessert?

Duclair has picked it back up again. He's not back to the level he was at during his rookie season, but he's producing at close to double the rate of his poor season last year. Projecting for about 19 goals and 35 points this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I think a Hutton or Stecher plus one of Nilsson or markstrom is fair honestly.

 

Arizona has the worst goaltending going and have all but cemented thattop seed for the lottery. 

 

Miggt as well try to end the season with some respectability 

I hope Arizona with 20% to land the first overall, actually loses it, and another team jumps up to that no. 1 spot (preferrably us)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

 

I like your guys thinking.  How has he been doing in ARZ this year?  Is he still somewhat productive? or has he gone cold in the dessert?

He's still playing well in the limited opportunities he gets, plus he's playing on a terrible team.

 

I think he could still be a productive second liner (think a more gritty baertschi) if given the opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fateless said:

He's still playing well in the limited opportunities he gets, plus he's playing on a terrible team.

 

I think he could still be a productive second liner (think a more gritty baertschi) if given the opportunity.

Duclair is a gritty player?  I thought he was a softy.  We definitely need more bite in our top minute guys.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...