The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sweden vs. Canada | Gold Medal Game | Jan. 05, 2017 | 5:00 PM PT

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Each teams power play is their respective bread and butter. The team with the best PK and discipline wins tonight. 

I kind of hope Canada takes lots of penalties so we see a lot of Gadjovic vs. Pettersson.  Good luck to both.

EP hat trick but Swedes lose. Gadjovich gets 2 goals and player of the game. I'm happy. Gadjovich seems to struggle with the speed of the game that Canada is playing. No PP time so he is not getting the prolonged net front presence. 

I'd like Petterson to dominate in a losing effort, though I honestly wouldn't be too crushed if he dominates in a winning effort too. Worst case scenario is that he plays a mediocre game in a winning effort. If Sweden wins, Petterson better be a dominant factor in it.

I think Sweden's biggest challenge is their goalies side to side motion. He's been super exposed going post to post. I think Canada might rip him apart with their speed and transition game if the defenders cannot limit those cross crease passes.

Just now, luckylager said:

Well seeing as we're being honest

I want to watch team Sweden cry.

:lol:

I guess its too many years of getting dumped on by the rest of Canada that have eroded my patriotism (only when it comes to hockey btw), I just want our Canucks prospects to do well no matter who they play for.  

Also, when I think back to how Marchand was fawned over in the WCoH and the prolonged feeling of wanting to vomit that generated, I would have much preferred to see the Sedin's take that tourney. Thankfully the Canadian WJ team doesn't have a player that repulsive. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

:lol:

I guess its too many years of getting dumped on by the rest of Canada that have eroded my patriotism (only when it comes to hockey btw), I just want our Canucks prospects to do well no matter who they play for.  

Also, when I think back to how Marchand was fawned over in the WCoH and the prolonged feeling of wanting to vomit that generated, I would have much preferred to see the Sedin's take that tourney. Thankfully the Canadian WJ team doesn't have a player that repulsive. 

Yeah.

That whole Ratface in the red and white sullied the brand a bit, I agree.

But now, SWEDEN MUST PAY!

Archived