The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Corrado (Pit) Brossoit (Edm)

86Viking

1 minute ago, BO_Scorvat said:

Is brossoit an upgrade on either of our goalies? 

Doubt it if Oilers traded for Montoya.

We rushed Corrado in the AV era and the kid has never seen regular NHL games since.

Call me crazy but if Corrado cleared waivers I would trade for him, sort of like how Pedan went on waivers and they we dealt for Pouliot. Corrado in our system would be a nice story, thats about it. Im sure most on CDC will say Hells to the NO

5 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Doubt it if Oilers traded for Montoya.

We rushed Corrado in the AV era and the kid has never seen regular NHL games since.

Call me crazy but if Corrado cleared waivers I would trade for him, sort of like how Pedan went on waivers and they we dealt for Pouliot. Corrado in our system would be a nice story, thats about it. Im sure most on CDC will say Hells to the NO

the reality is Frankie just isn't very good. We have better players in Holm and Weircioch. Sure he's a RHD but he's a marginal player. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the reality is Frankie just isn't very good. We have better players in Holm and Weircioch. Sure he's a RHD but he's a marginal player. 

Some people can't let go..... at least Desi will have the love of his life, Bobby Sanguinetti playing in the US Olympic team. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Oh i get it for sure. I want to see Holm in the nhl but we need a couple D moved out for that to happen.

Corrado may get picked up with teams with injuries but he has cleared waivers before, could be a european pro in not to long

Gotta feel for Corrado. I was happy when he went to Toronto. However, they screwed him over more than we did! His career was pretty much ruined because he wasn't quite good enough to slot in to the lineup on a regular basis, but showed enough promise that he was too valuable to risk being waived.  As a result, the years of playing time most crucial to his development were spent withering away in the press box.  I have no doubt that he would have at least been a bottom pairing d-man had he been given the proper time to find his game at the NHL level. 

1 hour ago, Bilbro Baggins said:

Gotta feel for Corrado. I was happy when he went to Toronto. However, they screwed him over more than we did! His career was pretty much ruined because he wasn't quite good enough to slot in to the lineup on a regular basis, but showed enough promise that he was too valuable to risk being waived.  As a result, the years of playing time most crucial to his development were spent withering away in the press box.  I have no doubt that he would have at least been a bottom pairing d-man had he been given the proper time to find his game at the NHL level. 

So essentially the moral of the Corrado story is,  JB knows what he's doing....or?

Archived