The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Corrado (Pit) Brossoit (Edm)

86Viking

7 hours ago, The Lock said:

I don't know if I really agree with this. I think at that point it would be better to see what one of our own down in Utica are doing and give those guys a chance to show what they are made of. A lot more players claimed end up being blips in the radar rather than becoming a Dubnyk and really, you can make the Dubnyk argument with any player on waivers.

While I can understand wanting to be positive with a player we drafted, he still played more games in Toronto in that one season than he ever played with us in 3 seasons combined and did end up with a chance to prove himself at the very least. It sucks that he didn't get more of a chance, but I think there comes a point where one has to ask "is it really worth it after a while"?

This. Call up Holm or Weircroch. DP can play right side if need be as well. Give the farmhands a chance.

Frik. I can agree with a previous post that the Canucks were handing Corr properly way back when we tried to get him to Utica. TO stumped his growth and lowered his perceived value as well. Lamarillo is a hack. If JB and TL did the things Lamarillo has done TSN would roasting them big time!

20 minutes ago, rekker said:

Good for Brossoit. Get off that crap team that has no idea how to play team defence. Nightmare for a goalie. 

He's still part of their organisation and Bakersfield might not be any better.  They also have two goalies there already.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

He's still part of their organisation and Bakersfield might not be any better.  They also have two goalies there already.

Too bad. May be another victim of the blackhole that is the Oilers development process. 

12 hours ago, The Lock said:

I don't know if I really agree with this. I think at that point it would be better to see what one of our own down in Utica are doing and give those guys a chance to show what they are made of. A lot more players claimed end up being blips in the radar rather than becoming a Dubnyk and really, you can make the Dubnyk argument with any player on waivers.

While I can understand wanting to be positive with a player we drafted, he still played more games in Toronto in that one season than he ever played with us in 3 seasons combined and did end up with a chance to prove himself at the very least. It sucks that he didn't get more of a chance, but I think there comes a point where one has to ask "is it really worth it after a while"?

The Dubnyk reference was in jest.

My suggestion for Corrado has nothing to do with his being a former Canucks pick. It could've been another similar dman and I would make the same suggestion. As for if it's worth it, well it's a zero risk move. He's in the last year of a 650k contract, there is no pressure to bring him back next season if it doesn't pan out or if he doesn't want to be here anymore. He's only 24 and plays a defensive game and can hold his own physically. I have no expectations for him other than being an extra body and if he performed alright then that's just an added bonus.

It's all moot now though.

4 hours ago, rekker said:

This. Call up Holm or Weircroch. DP can play right side if need be as well. Give the farmhands a chance.

While I agree with this, we are also trying to not deplete Utica's lineup. They need to succeed as well to help the development of our players. If we are deciding to sell later on, it gives the flexibility of not needing to take a player back in a trade to maximize the return without the need of getting a warm body back as well.

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

The Dubnyk reference was in jest.

My suggestion for Corrado has nothing to do with his being a former Canucks pick. It could've been another similar dman and I would make the same suggestion. As for if it's worth it, well it's a zero risk move. He's in the last year of a 650k contract, there is no pressure to bring him back next season if it doesn't pan out or if he doesn't want to be here anymore. He's only 24 and plays a defensive game and can hold his own physically. I have no expectations for him other than being an extra body and if he performed alright then that's just an added bonus.

It's all moot now though.

I see what you're saying.

Just a random thought: is there really such a thing as zero risk? I mean, if you think about it, every move is going to have some consequence, whether it's monetary or using up a contract slot or whatever. Because one player's in a lineup, that means another player is not. Now, obviously, one could go mentally insane in trying to minimize such risk, but it's just a thought I had.

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

I see what you're saying.

Just a random thought: is there really such a thing as zero risk? I mean, if you think about it, every move is going to have some consequence, whether it's monetary or using up a contract slot or whatever. Because one player's in a lineup, that means another player is not. Now, obviously, one could go mentally insane in trying to minimize such risk, but it's just a thought I had.

I guess the fortunes of having Corrado here instead of calling up Holm or whoever that was meant to be called and thus never knowing what we could've had, then sure. The monetary part is minimized by basically paying only half of a 650k contract and the contract spot risk is minimized because his current contract ends after this season is done. Perhaps I should word it as a very low risk move rather than zero risk. 

Archived