The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

-Vintage Canuck-

27 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

Markstrom from a solid early season starter to the tank commander.......

What's more disappointing is that Nilsson crap the bed even more.  No challenge to the starter position.  For a short while in the season early, they were both playing well. 

The Canucks as a whole put up a valiant effort. They deserved a better fate. I have never said anything negative against Eriksson because some new signings take a year to acclimatize. However, I have to say, he definitely did not pass the eye test tonight. Unless your eyes are f@$%&.

valentines day lol GIF by Nickelodeon

4 hours ago, panelguy said:

They played hard in front of a national audience , the tying goal looked like interference but I guess not because the unbias commentators didn't mention it.

goalie.jpg

It is an interference because if he didn't touch him, it would still have been 2 on 2 by switching up D and maybe a tipped pass that would negate a scoring chance.  CBC and the ref completely missed that one.  You cannot touch that no matter if you are gaining the puck or not, you cannot touch that D with 2 on 2 becoming 2 on 1 with that nudge.  

1 hour ago, BLU3GR33NBL00D said:

Once canucks are finished being basement dwellers the draft system will go back to 31st teams gets first pick just wait

If that is the case, the Canucks will finally have their first overall pick in their 100th year of franchise history in 2070. 

I actually thought Markstrom did pretty good. Everyone's $&!#ting on him, but he brought us to that shootout. He made some huge saves.

Obviously, that Bozak rebound goal was some horse $&!#, and that floater that didn't end up counting was as well, but he made a lot of key saves. I mean, you can easily say that we expect more from Markstrom, but heading into this game I honestly expected worse. :lol:

He wasn't great in the shootout either, but at the same time, Boeser should have tried something different instead of copying what Matthews did, and Andersen made a good save on Vanek's shot in the shootout there to end it.

Archived