The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, PCprincipal said:

What are you referring to? The friendly trash talk? 

Also Boeser is great but we have to admit Matthews is on another level.

Boeser was a much better player than Mathews last night. Mathews wasn’t doing much until his goal. 

Boeser could have had 4 goals last night. He generated plays, played a good two way game.  Had we had Horvat, I think the outcome would have been different.  

12 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Not to mention the call on Henrik for facewashing after he had been abused.

The stripes did their best tonight to hand the game to the Laffs.

Yeah, and that is what would have happened if Sediin retaliated after getting punched in the head 6 times by Marchand in 2011 SC. No call on the rat, but it would have been a 2 min penalty on Sedin. 

12 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Atleast we have the Brockstar.

One of Zadina/Svechnikov or of course Dahlin would fit nicely in our lineup too. ::D

Brady Tkatchuk will be better than his bro. He may be available at the 5 spot.

11 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Eriksson is a useless player. A coasting, soft, ineffective player that saw a payday and jumped on it. 

Gagner is a far more complete player, who at least looks like he gives a $&!# out there. Starting to appreciate what Sam is bringing. His contract is a steal in comparison to Eriksson's at this point. 

Gagner tries but his hockey IQ isn't as good as his try.

11 hours ago, PCprincipal said:

At least we're not the oilers. 

Even Oiler fans are starting to see how good Boeser is and his value to the Canucks. Below is from Oiler message board.

16 hours ago, RapierShot said:

Brock Boesser anyone?

Right now, with how popular that kid is in Vancouver, it would cost McDavid to get him.

9 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yes the writing is on the wall....

Jersey

Philly

Dallas

Colorado

All doing better than the Nucks...only Colorado deserved to pick before the Nucks. 

Can almost see the writing on the wall.

8 hours ago, Jaimito said:

What's more disappointing is that Nilsson crap the bed even more.  No challenge to the starter position.  For a short while in the season early, they were both playing well. 

Yeah, that was before Cloutier's coaching and advice.

59 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Yeah, and that is what would have happened if Sediin retaliated after getting punched in the head 6 times by Marchand in 2011 SC. No call on the rat, but it would have been a 2 min penalty on Sedin. 

Daniel did get a penalty on that nonsense. If I'm not mistaken he also got a misconduct too!

2 minutes ago, PCprincipal said:

Or Draisital 

Boeser is better than Draisital in my opinion so they would have to add. However I hope we never trade our Brock Star. I want him to have a long healthy career with a couple Stanley Cups sprinkled in. Then eventually up in the rafters with the hall of famers he's playing with now. The kids that good. 

2 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Boeser is better than Draisital in my opinion so they would have to add. However I hope we never trade our Brock Star. I want him to have a long healthy career with a couple Stanley Cups sprinkled in. Then eventually up in the rafters with the hall of famers he's playing with now. The kids that good. 

I wouldn't do it either just hypothetical. Brock will be a real leader too. But Leon is a legit #1C. Would you have traded Ovi for Malkin in their primes? Its interesting.

13 hours ago, hammertime said:

+1 People have been spoiled by Luo Schneids and Miller for years. This is what average goaltending looks like suck it up babies. 

It reminds me of the days when we were called the goalie graveyard...with names like, Essensa, Weeks, Cloutier, Auld, Potvin...and the list goes on lol. Damn...we’re back to that eh! We were so spoiled with Lu, Schneider, and even Miller. Most young fans have no effin clue how good we’ve had it...punks, quit complainin lol.

tbh, I don't think Sutter, Bo, Baert coming back from injury will make a difference because it takes sometime to get back to game shape and it will be a little too late; Plus,there is always the game management by the refs that can change the game; however, if they do come back and get the Nucks into a playoffs that would be an incredible feat.

Can only dream

9 minutes ago, PCprincipal said:

I wouldn't do it either just hypothetical. Brock will be a real leader too. But Leon is a legit #1C. Would you have traded Ovi for Malkin in their primes? Its interesting.

Oh wow yeah that's a tough one. I guess I would take Malkin but I do believe Boeser has better two way play than Ovi.  Ovi obviously more punishing. Maybe boeser slightly better hockey iq. I dunno for sure cuz Boes and Drai still young in there careers  but there is just something special about Boeser. We're lucky to have him.

Archived