The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (07-13) 2018

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

4-1 with not much left in the 3rd.  Even if they get Dahlin, will it matter?  

I think getting Dahlin would make a difference for them, but they still need to make some changes up front. I'm sure they miss Hall too, who is having a solid year with the Devils. I also don't think Cam Talbot is true #1 goaltender, sure he had a great season last year, but he has been inconsistent. 

Oilers lose again.  (Haha, of course). Their losing makes no sense, does it?  Aren’t they really good, with a good balance of young stars, and experienced vets?  Is it their goaltending?  I noticed Talbot’s save percent was around .900 

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Oilers lose again.  (Haha, of course). Their losing makes no sense, does it?  Aren’t they really good, with a good balance of young stars, and experienced vets?  Is it their goaltending?  I noticed Talbot’s save percent was around .900 

He hasn't been great, I'm getting worried that they might get a chance of winning the lottery again, now. I didn't want them to make the Playoffs, but now I'm rooting for them. Never know with the Oilers and that 1st overall pick eh. Barely make the Playoffs and lose in the 1st round.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Trade in the works? Although Joel Quenneville did mention to Seabrook a generic "I've just got to be better" reply, but nothing too specific.

I like Seabrook's leadership.... but that contract. CHI would have to retain salary..... Not sure who takes that on? Strange choice for Quenneville to make, I think he'll be gone from CHI a lot earlier than Seabrook. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like Seabrook's leadership.... but that contract. CHI would have to retain salary..... Not sure who takes that on? Strange choice for Quenneville to make, I think he'll be gone from CHI a lot earlier than Seabrook. 

I could see a one for one swap (bad contract for bad contract), with a player that has a similar cap hit and would fill the need of both teams.

21 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I could see a one for one swap (bad contract for bad contract), with a player that has a similar cap hit and would fill the need of both teams.

If Chicago added futures (and possibly retention), and Seabrook was willing to waive...I wonder if a swap with Buffalo for Okposo would work? Okposo has 5 more years left at $6 mil, his performance has certainly underwhelmed, and he has some major health risks.

At least that would give some stability to Buffalo's blueline, and add some sorely needed leadership to the room. However, they need help on the left side more than the right (Ristolainen + Bogosian). And I'm not sure why Seabrook would waive to go there, other than out of loyalty to the Blackhawks.

Archived