The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (07-13) 2018

47 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Justin Falk and Evander Kane got into a scuffle in practice which ended with Falk yelling at Kane, telling him to shut the &^@# up, shoving him hard and calling him selfish.

Can’t believe how many people still want him here. Guy is pure cancer. 

Bridgeport Sound Tigers head coach Brent Thompson called Josh Ho-Sang a "baby" and "immature" after making him a healthy scratch this week.

“He’s a baby,” Thompson told the NY Post. “He’s a baby, he’s immature and he’s got a lot of growing to do. I’m excited. The upside of him is outstanding. He worked hard today, he’s been working really hard. We all make mistakes, we all have bad games. It’s how do we respond from those and what do we learn from them?"

33 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bridgeport Sound Tigers head coach Brent Thompson called Josh Ho-Sang a "baby" and "immature" after making him a healthy scratch this week.

“He’s a baby,” Thompson told the NY Post. “He’s a baby, he’s immature and he’s got a lot of growing to do. I’m excited. The upside of him is outstanding. He worked hard today, he’s been working really hard. We all make mistakes, we all have bad games. It’s how do we respond from those and what do we learn from them?"

His future in the KHL certainly looks bright!

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

McDavid will never be talked about the same way as Crosby if he doesn't learn how to work hard when he doesn't have the puck. 

He is consistent though. I saw these #'s earlier.

15-16 45gp(missed 37 games due to injury) 16g 32a 48pts

16-17 thru 45gp 16g 34a 50pts

17-18 thru 45gp 15g 35a 50pts

10 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

He is consistent though. I saw these #'s earlier.

15-16 45gp(missed 37 games due to injury) 16g 32a 48pts

16-17 thru 45gp 16g 34a 50pts

17-18 thru 45gp 15g 35a 50pts

No doubt about points, but he also makes life difficult for his teammates on the defensive end. He's a top 3 player in the league, but it doesn't send a good message to the team when your best player needs his wingers to do his job at center.

3 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

No doubt about points, but he also makes life difficult for his teammates on the defensive end. He's a top 3 player in the league, but it doesn't send a good message to the team when your best player needs his wingers to do his job at center.

He turns 21 tomorrow, I think he has some time to improve his "200 foot" game.

2 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

He turns 21 tomorrow, I think he has some time to improve his "200 foot" game.

He has some time, but whether he is in the right system and the strength to help improve is another question. My comment is nitpicky, but when you get into questions about best player over the last 20 years, the differences between guys becomes very minute. 

Archived