The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks listening to offers for Hutton

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

You didn't read the context stated earlier. I think Barrie would have an Eirhoff effect on Edler allowing him to play a supporting role to an offensive D where he excelled previously. 

Appreciate the clarification but I just don't want Edler on my team going forward. You move him if you can.

1 minute ago, garthsbutcher said:

Hutton for E Kane and just hope he signs with us, worth the risk.

Only if he agrees to a sign and trade first.  Worth putting the offer out there with that condition, just to are if he has any interest in signing with us.

Why spend any assets at all for him?  We are going nowhere this season.  If anything, spending a half season losing badly with us would lessen his desire to stay.

So better to gauge his interest when it is free.  There won’t be that many suitors who have the cap space, top line roster spot, and real dollars to spend on him.

Folks have suggested Vegas, but considering their year and team chemistry, He seems like a bad bet for them.  Big personality may upset the Apple cart with a bunch of underdogs.

Maybe ten teams at most in on him, gives us resonanle odds.

3 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Appreciate the clarification but I just don't want Edler on my team going forward. You move him if you can.

Sour grapes.

I just think Eddie is miscast as a #1 D big minute every situation do it all guy and when he can't handle the load people point "It's all your fault". He isn't being paid #1D coin and he doesn't have much support to share the load so I don't think his detractors are quite being fair. He just isn't the right guy for the role he is being asked to play. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Hutton seems to me to be more valuable as part of a multi-player deal. 

That's what I'd prefer as well if he gets moved as well.  

Packaged with Vanek or maybe even one of our young W'ers for an upgrade would be best imo. 

2 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

So keeping him out of the lineup will increase his value?  Not very good asset management by this team once again. 

Doubt we'll get much for him. Maybe a third?

You're lucky that the neg rep was removed once again.

I get that you're trying to slag Benning, but "asset management" can't be one of them. You still butthurt about the Subban trade? I liked Subban, but it was clear that he had no space on this team.

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That's what I'd prefer as well if he gets moved as well.  

Packaged with Vanek or maybe even one of our young W'ers for an upgrade would be best imo. 

Agreed we have quanity now but we could use some top quality guys 

18 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Sour grapes.

I just think Eddie is miscast as a #1 D big minute every situation do it all guy and when he can't handle the load people point "It's all your fault". He isn't being paid #1D coin and he doesn't have much support to share the load so I don't think his detractors are quite being fair. He just isn't the right guy for the role he is being asked to play. 

This morning I was thinking about Edler's poor play being attributed to lack of confidence. (Maybe personal problems we don't know about). Given how I had a dose of reality recently, it makes sense to me why there's poor performance. When you feel like crap, you can't do basic things right. It's a poison.

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

Hutton is still young and is on a good contract, GMs have shown that they will pay for potential. I could see us getting a 1st from a contender or a prospect like Duclair B)

I am cautious about Duclair.

He's left TWO teams already in his short career so far, one of which he demanded a trade out of (granted it is Arizona).

31 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Sour grapes.

Or.... he just is not that good

Archived