The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oprah Winfrey For President?

DonLever

30 minutes ago, Green Building said:

If she wants it then she would no doubt be popular enough, but saying that she can't be any worse than Trump isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. Before Trump there was never a president who wasn't in politics first, right? I mean even Reagan was governor first. I guess as long as you hire the right people you could succeed, but the question becomes how much politics does one need to know to be an effective president? She's probably better off where she is now.

She is an actual self-made billionaire though, overcame actual barriers vs. only getting $1 million from daddy, and not a coddler of neo-nazi's and bizarre twitter rants about being a genius. I'd say thats several steps up :lol:

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

She is an actual self-made billionaire though, overcame actual barriers vs. only getting $1 million from daddy, and not a coddler of neo-nazi's and bizarre twitter rants about being a genius. I'd say thats several steps up :lol:

Yes, but merely flipping Trump for someone with as little political knowledge as he has but with morals might not be effective either. Better, but how much...

12 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Yes, but merely flipping Trump for someone with as little political knowledge as he has but with morals might not be effective either. Better, but how much...

She's not a Climate Change denier. That makes her light years better, IMHO.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

She's not a Climate Change denier. That makes her light years better, IMHO.

Yeah, and everyone makes mistakes, but didn't she support Jenny McCarty's anti-vax BS? Obviously if the US could switch her for Trump it'd be a big improvement. I guess we'll see what happens in a year.

I couldn't see her running. She's too content to live on her own island and criticize. 

As much as I dislike Trump, he has shown he has pretty good stamina for the position. That may be in part because he truly is an alien and / or machine.

Archived