The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Air Canada Fan Flight contest

Jayinblack

I just came across this on Twitter.... http://contests.canucks.com/aircanadafanflight/?hootPostID=f57a7a4adde0d2e38a24aa96ce1470b5

So hey if any of you fans in BC want  to nominate this long displaced fan that has had to endure living between and Red Wing and Leaf fans for over 45 years without ever being able to see a home game....   I'm all for it  !   ;)

It's Air Canada though... You'd get to the ticket counter and and everything appears gravy until your seat on the connecting flight is resold due to Air Canada's agent placing you in the connecting airport just in time to make the plane, you actually see the person board that takes your place. They'll give you a $15 Burger King voucher and ask that you visit another agent who attempts to find you another flight home. Once one is found and you land in Vancouver the carousel empties of luggage and your bags are nowhere to be found. All the gifts and souvenirs you were bringing home from your years away from family and friends are lost forever and it's Air Canada so they give you $200 and usher you out the door. By the time you make the game you don't even care anymore. 

Thank you for flying Air Canada.

34 minutes ago, Green Building said:

It's Air Canada though... You'd get to the ticket counter and and everything appears gravy until your seat on the connecting flight is resold due to Air Canada's agent placing you in the connecting airport just in time to make the plane, you actually see the person board that takes your place. They'll give you a $15 Burger King voucher and ask that you visit another agent who attempts to find you another flight home. Once one is found and you land in Vancouver the carousel empties of luggage and your bags are nowhere to be found. All the gifts and souvenirs you were bringing home from your years away from family and friends are lost forever and it's Air Canada so they give you $200 and usher you out the door. By the time you make the game you don't even care anymore. 

1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

Air Canada - We're not happy until you're not happy.

Well, then, they're happy.   

37 minutes ago, Green Building said:

but those Air Canada stewardesses.... 

05_OldFAs2.jpg

3 hours ago, Green Building said:

This this this.... Every AC flight I've taken has had issues almost exactly as laid out above... Absolute garbage airline and I wouldn't put it past them to just give this to an employee or one of their vendors.

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

Am I the only one who has never had a problem with Air Canada? I prefer them.

Also is it too late to become a Florida fan?

I have not flown Air Canada enough to say I have had a problem, but I have experienced worse airlines, like this airline based in the Northwest.  The last time I flew with them, we all had to de-board the airplane less than 5 minutes prior to take off due to one of the brakes completely worn down, and they did not know if we were going to board another airplane at another gate or wait for the brake to be repaired.  I was going down to San Francisco for the day, and I had to re-arrange my day, such as cut out Fillmore ST a Haight Ashbury which I like to walk to those places.  Then on the way back, the flight was delayed by an hour because we were waiting on the flight crew.  They were on another airplane landing... And they emailed everyone on the morning flight $25 compensation for the brake issue, which I have not used because I don't like them.  Before that incident, I had enough with them with the other incidents, so I decided to fly a more dignified airline when going Montreal, and that was worse.  I booked First Class on their website, and they messed up my reservation, that they asked me if I was sure if I was going to Montreal instead of Charlotte.  I don't really know where Charlotte is... And it took them 45 minutes to fix it, and I was not sure if I was boarding the airplane because they had overbooked the flight, and had to bump someone. Then the same thing happened on my way back from Montreal, but it took them 30 seconds to fix it.  

Anyhow, that is enough of that.  

Archived