The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dowd=Megma=Vey

kingofsurrey

It’s been rumoured that green pushed to get dowd. 

Hes actually been good and hasn’t yet been gifted a spot on the pp or top line. Even Chaput playing so to say dowd is getting unwarranted ice time is a stretch. Now if everyone’s healthy and he’s a top 6 or even middle 6 then he’s Greens megnavey but until then he’s just anothe fringe nhler on a team beaten down by injuries.

or

9C7B0BC2-1F80-4302-8987-6C9167A24E00.jpeg

I'm really liking Dowd's game, I don't like that he is being over used, but I get why Green is doing it. The guy is winning key faceoffs in the D-zone way more than I expected. His faceoff % before coming here was in the low 40's I think. And now he's up to 49%, that's a big jump! His defensive game is better than I thought as well, hey, comes as advertised, reliable 4th line C that can win draws. Were we expecting something else from this guy?

Total side note... I think it's pretty awesome to have an Alabama hick playing for us...(okay, he's prob not a hick, but look at his roster picture, dude looks like he's from Alabama LOL).

2 hours ago, combover said:

It’s been rumoured that green pushed to get dowd. 

Hes actually been good and hasn’t yet been gifted a spot on the pp or top line. Even Chaput playing so to say dowd is getting unwarranted ice time is a stretch. Now if everyone’s healthy and he’s a top 6 or even middle 6 then he’s Greens megnavey but until then he’s just anothe fringe nhler on a team beaten down by injuries.

or

9C7B0BC2-1F80-4302-8987-6C9167A24E00.jpeg

Which young players does bitchford suggest?

oh right.  He has no suggestions.  

Moron.

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

Which young players does bitchford suggest?

oh right.  He has no suggestions.  

Moron.

While I agree with who are we going to put out there and like I pointed out I haven’t found dowd to be as bad as megna and like gaunce I like his game overall.But Then argument would be well we just spent 22 million in ufas another 36 mill for another ufa. The teams been a bottom feeder for a while  and still has very little depth in the farm you’d think after having so many poor finishes and spending much money on ufas we would have a guy that is some what effective offensively out there with three minutes to go.

no need for the moron comment  it wasn’t like the facts displayed are fabrications.

this team is crippled we have bandaids and wheelchairs all over the line up. For me with three minutes left and down by two I want virtanen out there goldie boeser and double shifts. I don’t want dowd and gaunce out out there even if I do like their games.

8 minutes ago, combover said:

For me with three minutes left and down by two I want virtanen out there goldie boeser and double shifts. I don’t want dowd and gaunce out out there even if I do like their games.

winger, winger, winger.  dowd was brought in to play center.  and he has played center.  who else is going to be out there?  and its not like he was out there for the whole three minutes.  he is eating up time.  not time that is for rooks. just his time.  he is doing a good job for a stop-gap purchased for a guy that will never play in the NHL.  also, he is out there for a reason.  you get the ice time you deserve with greener.  this should be telling the other guys not put out there exactly what they need to know.  and finally, brock was being double shifted for the whole third period.  was with the sedins, and gagme.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Oh yeah 

we traded jared mccann right ?

what did we get again ???

yawn.  that's some weakass 'hindsight'

there are 10 Canucks with as many goals as Jared McCann.

and a full dozen players with as many assists.

but what would we do without Jared McCann?

just imagine if we had that 39% faceoff guy in the lineup!

and vice versa, where would we be with him? 

wadr, right where we are with Goldobin here.

15 minutes ago, xereau said:

winger, winger, winger.  dowd was brought in to play center.  and he has played center.  who else is going to be out there?  and its not like he was out there for the whole three minutes.  he is eating up time.  not time that is for rooks. just his time.  he is doing a good job for a stop-gap purchased for a guy that will never play in the NHL.  also, he is out there for a reason.  you get the ice time you deserve with greener.  this should be telling the other guys not put out there exactly what they need to know.  and finally, brock was being double shifted for the whole third period.  was with the sedins, and gagme.

Grandlund hank gagme three minutes left all provide better offensive options.im sure between them they could find the energy.

it nothing against dowd he just has no business being out there two goals down and pushing for a goal.

a goal up or two up hey I’d be all for him and  gaunce playing it out. 

I really like Green I think dowds a fine 13 forward. 

But im not gonna say dowd deserves to be out there when trying to tie it up when he’s had zero shots in 15mins of icetime.

1 hour ago, combover said:

Grandlund hank gagme three minutes left all provide better offensive options.im sure between them they could find the energy.

it nothing against dowd he just has no business being out there two goals down and pushing for a goal.

a goal up or two up hey I’d be all for him and  gaunce playing it out. 

I really like Green I think dowds a fine 13 forward. 

But im not gonna say dowd deserves to be out there when trying to tie it up when he’s had zero shots in 15mins of icetime.

I honestly think that his being out there is more a message to the other three, than it is regarding his capability or ceiling.  This team goes through extended sessions of completely dogging it out there.  Also, Dowd, again, was out there for "a" shift when down by two.  Not the whole three minutes.  A single shift.  And being down two goes back to dogging it for the 57 minutes prior to having to try hard for the last 3.

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

yawn.  that's some weakass 'hindsight'

there are 10 Canucks with as many goals as Jared McCann.

and a full dozen players with as many assists.

but what would we do without Jared McCann?

just imagine if we had that 39% faceoff guy in the lineup!

and vice versa, where would we be with him? 

wadr, right where we are with Goldobin here.

Haha

Mccann has more goals this year than all 4 of  your boys  Sutter, Gaunce, Goldobin   and Kaput  all combined......

and Mccaan is still  21 yrs old.   Kid still may very well be a  1 or  2  centre.  Your crew... not likely. 

Nice try. 

28 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Haha

Mccann has more goals this year than all 4 of  your boys  Sutter, Gaunce, Goldobin   and Kaput  all combined......

and Mccaan is still  21 yrs old.   Kid still may very well be a  1 or  2  centre.  Your crew... not likely. 

Nice try. 

A big big if on whether or not McCann will be a top 6 centre wadr. 

1 hour ago, xereau said:

I honestly think that his being out there is more a message to the other three, than it is regarding his capability or ceiling.  This team goes through extended sessions of completely dogging it out there.  Also, Dowd, again, was out there for "a" shift when down by two.  Not the whole three minutes.  A single shift.  And being down two goes back to dogging it for the 57 minutes prior to having to try hard for the last 3.

Fair enough, those are good points. 

The stats dont do many Canucks any favours most nights.

i guess it because we saw how quick it can change with megna vey and even Chaput over the last few seasons. Looks harmless enough coach trusts a player next thing you know he’s on the pp and out in the final minute trailing by one or on the top line and the player hasn’t done anything to warrant it.

hopefully it doesn’t come to that with dowd. With sutter close it should help eliviate some of his icetime and responsibilities.

32 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Haha

Nice try. 

A 2nd line center yeah maybe. Not a chance he becomes a 1st line center. Gaudette, Pettersson, and Horvat will be or already are better than him. We don't need him.

4 hours ago, combover said:

While I agree with who are we going to put out there and like I pointed out I haven’t found dowd to be as bad as megna and like gaunce I like his game overall.But Then argument would be well we just spent 22 million in ufas another 36 mill for another ufa. The teams been a bottom feeder for a while  and still has very little depth in the farm you’d think after having so many poor finishes and spending much money on ufas we would have a guy that is some what effective offensively out there with three minutes to go.

no need for the moron comment  it wasn’t like the facts displayed are fabrications.

this team is crippled we have bandaids and wheelchairs all over the line up. For me with three minutes left and down by two I want virtanen out there goldie boeser and double shifts. I don’t want dowd and gaunce out out there even if I do like their games.

The moron comment was directed at botch.  Not you or anyone else here.

its an obvious troll tweet.  Dowd is very serviceable and trending upwards in confidence.

the ufas we have signed that are currently underperforming have nothing to do with dowd.

the Overtime im sure your are referring to had dowd and Gaunce on the ice because green wanted a two way option and imo both players had great games and deserved the opportunity.

a coach can't reward a player with OT time, who is inconsistent with effort.  Jake and goldy are far from consistent at this point.

of course I want to see those guys in overtime but I also want to see them be influential at 6.32 of the second period.

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

We traded a future 2/3 c.  For guddy

wasnt a gud. deal 

Where was jareds place here at the time?  Who does he bump out?  Henrik? Sutter? Bo? 

So he's a 4c on the Canucks?  Sounds like a useful role for him:rolleyes:

hockey trade man.  Think about it before the hindsight comment.

Archived