The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[NHL Article] Brock Boeser midseason favourite for Calder Trophy

Xbox

2 hours ago, Nigerian said:

Even if barzal passes boeser in the points race I think boeser still takes it. Assists on a team with huge point getters on the Islanders is a lot less impressive than goals on a team that barley produces any 

I don't know man I think that argument is kind of wheat.::D

2 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

I think you are wrong, normally points overall determine the winner.

Yes, but I think goals will be a huge factor. What’s more impressive to you? 40+ goal season with around 70-75 points. Or 75-80 points with 25 goals? 

1 hour ago, Nigerian said:

Yes, but I think goals will be a huge factor. What’s more impressive to you? 40+ goal season with around 70-75 points. Or 75-80 points with 25 goals? 

I'm just saying that overall points is usually the deciding factor. Doesn't matter what impresses a fan, they don't get to vote on the matter.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Does his All-star selection kick in bonuses on his contract? I'm pretty a Calder award would.

How does that affect the cap next season?

Don't know about the cap but I read an article in the Province (I think) that indicated he gets $212K +/- for the AllStar achievement.  It was Botchord though. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Don't know about the cap but I read an article in the Province (I think) that indicated he gets $233K +/- for the AllStar achievement.  Just going off memory though.

Yea, I guess we don't have to worry about the cap as much next season.

I just remember Toews getting all those bonuses for his accomplishments which put the Hawks over the cap.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yea, I guess we don't have to worry about the cap as much next season.

I just remember Toews getting all those bonuses for his accomplishments which put the Hawks over the cap.

Nucks are in pretty good shape.  I hope Boeser earns a few more bonuses which, if he keeps this up, he surely will.

11 hours ago, canuckmen84 said:

Boesers is the front runner for sure, it will be interesting to see if he can maintain this thought out the season.

I think he can and will.

Next year Gaudette will be in the race , next year will be fun...even more fun if Pettersson made the jump.!

I'm really impressed with his ability to consistantly produce points after losing Bo and moving to Gagner's wing. 

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Does his All-star selection kick in bonuses on his contract? I'm pretty a Calder award would.

How does that affect the cap next season?

^^ detailed breakdown of his bonuses

Interesting to note that a Calder win would be a league funded bonus, and not affect the Canucks cap.

23 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Don't know about the cap but I read an article in the Province (I think) that indicated he gets $212K +/- for the AllStar achievement.  It was Botchord though. :wacko:

So far, Brock has hit two of his targets for Schedule ‘A’ bonuses, 20 goals and ASG, each for the max $212,500, and a total of $425,000.

So he’s already hit half (money-wise) of his max possible bonuses for this year ($850,000 total performance bonuses on his contract).

Not sure how the rest of his deal breaks down? I’m assuming he has the standard NHL Schedule “B” stuff (the fairly modest league-paid bonuses for awards and trophies) but only Schedule “A” team-awarded bonuses (so no extra team awarded Schedule ‘B’ bonuses—which are usually reserved for the higher picks and can run up to an additional $2 million).

But depending on how his remaining $425,000 breaks down, what categories are used, and how it’s distributed, he might very well max out his contract this season ($925,000 salary plus $850,000 bonuses), and also collect some extra dough from the league (on awards/trophies).

And he’d deserve every cent of it.

EDIT: And hopefully this means his mom can finally stop working 2-3 jobs (or whatever it was) ;) 

Well, ever since Boeser stepped on NHL ice last season, many have been waiting for the shoe to drop on him ... ie: when will he hit the wall. 

He's been consistent from day one. Now his name is rightfully among the leaders of the league and getting the credit he deserves. He's been the real deal since day one.

I think the only thing that will prevent him from winning the Calder will be an injury. 

With the All-Star bonus, like SID said, he deserves every penny. We are really fortunate to have such a talent after all the pain fans have been through.

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Well, ever since Boeser stepped on NHL ice last season, many have been waiting for the shoe to drop on him ... ie: when will he hit the wall. 

He's been consistent from day one. Now his name is rightfully among the leaders of the league and getting the credit he deserves. He's been the real deal since day one.

I think the only thing that will prevent him from winning the Calder will be an injury. 

With the All-Star bonus, like SID said, he deserves every penny. We are really fortunate to have such a talent after all the pain fans have been through.

Or Barzal.. right now he is only one point behind Boeser. Going to be a good race the rest of the season!

Archived