The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL All-Star Game rosters announced (Boeser selected from Canucks)

cut.jpg

Vancouver, BC - The National Hockey League announced today that Vancouver Canucks rookie forward Brock Boeser will represent Team Pacific Division in the 2018 Honda NHL All-Star Game and Weekend.

Boeser, 20, becomes the third youngest Canucks player (Tallon 20, Linden 20) and just the second Canucks rookie (Tallon) named to the honour. Boeser leads the team in points (40), goals (22), power-play points (15), power-play goals (6), game-winning goals (4) and shots (114) and ranks tied for second in assists (18).    

The first Canucks rookie to win back-to-back NHL Rookie of the Month honours (in November and December), Boeser has scored 19.8% of the Canucks 111 goals this season which is the second highest percentage of team goals scored in the NHL. The Burnsville, Minnesota native also currently shares fifth place in the NHL in goals and leads all rookies in goals, points, power-play goals and power-play points and ranks second in shots, tied for fourth in assists and fifth among those who have played at least 15 games with a 19.3 shooting percentage.    

The 2018 Honda NHL All-Star Game will take place on Sunday, Jan. 28 (3:30 pm ET, CBC, SN) at Amalie Arena. The All-Stars will participate in the 2018 NHL All-Star Skills Competition on Saturday, Jan. 27 (7:00 pm ET, CBC, SN) at Amalie Arena.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-brock-boeser-nhl-all-star-game/c-294843542

DTNVLJ6WAAMrNtB.jpgDTNVPdEWkAUvhRR.jpgDTNVTmyWkAEKjnn.jpgDTNVXkcWAAUGWDK.jpg

if he is paired up with little garden gnome from Calgary I hope he will pass brock the puck this year, last year he was a bit of a hog when he was playing with Bo.

I wouldnt mind seeing Brock with McDavid....

Also, I heard that Brock got a 200,000+ dollar bonus for making the all star game...

4 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

if he is paired up with little garden gnome from Calgary I hope he will pass brock the puck this year, last year he was a bit of a hog when he was playing with Bo.

That’s kind of what makes Gaudreau so good. He doesn’t make the obvious pass that often, and when he does the other team doesn’t expect it. Sort of a long term way of thinking to get goals. Plus he shoots a lot more than most playmakers.

13 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I guess the kids (actual children, not rookies) still like this event, but other than John Scott's big weekend I haven't cared too much about this event for years and years.

I heard they added a Coaches stick toss to add some flair to the events.

One thing I hate is every team must have a representative, and as soon as players got voted in by the fans being an allstar lost its cache.  They used to say about the greats 'he was a 9 time allstar' now it's pointless. 

Archived