The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL All-Star Game rosters announced (Boeser selected from Canucks)

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, mll said:

Roster changes due to injuries:

Mike Smith to replace Quick

Brayden Point to replace Hedman

Brian Boyle to replace Taylor Hall

Zach Werenski to replace Seth Jones

So the Atlantic team will just go with two dmen? I know it's the all Star game, but they could've at least found another dman. I get that it's in Tampa Bay, so why not give Sergachev a shot since he's their next highest offensive dman?

Boyle for Hall? Again, I get they need a player from each team, but Bratt or even the last 1st overall pick in Hischier should've been chosen instead, no? I know why they chose Boyle, but this is supposedly to showcase the NHL's most talented players and the league made sure Fitzpatrick didn't make it and really wanted John Scott to not make it originally. It's not the same feeling when the fans vote in someone unexpected to make it versus the league actually picking a guy and trying to capitalize on the John Scott appeal to the fans.

On 1/10/2018 at 8:10 PM, Coconuts said:

If they got rid of the stupid fan vote and every team having a representative I might actually give a damn about the all-star game. It doesn't mean anything anymore. 

Still stoked for Brock though, he's probs excited about it.

the rule were every team having a represtative is one of the dumbest rule's. You get tools who do not deserve to be there playing in the game. And the only reason they are going is because there the best player on a crappy team. With this rule players who do deserve a spot get passed on. Bring back East vs West, and the young stars game.

Archived