The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Anthony Duclair, Adam Clendening to Blackhawks for Richard Panik, Laurent Dauphin

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

You take a guy that couldn't play on a $&!#ty Toronto team.

Has one good season in Chicago,mainly because of who he played with.

You flip him for a 22 year old with a lot of potential and smaller cap hit.

Ya it sure is a good trade for Chicago, that being said I hope he ends being terrible and Panik becomes a superstar. :P

Just now, mll said:
Just now, aGENT said:

CHI now has Forsling and Clendening!! :frantic: They clearly won that trade.

:bigblush:

Clendening back to Chicago - via Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, New York Rangers, Arizona.  

just you wait till hansen resigns with the canucks

B)

and he won't have to pass through half the league and wait half a decade for this to be reality

we can outdo the hawks on winning a trade

and we got a 1st rounder in ours

2 hours ago, VanGnome said:

The Vancouver equivalent of this trade would have been:

VAN
Duclair
Clendening

ARZ

Granlund
Gaunce

And in fact that would have been better value for ARZ than what they got out of Chicago. Chayka be all:

22h76j.jpg

Hey look its James Duthie LOL

6 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Making room for Erik Gudbranson lol

They'd be an interesting trade partner for Guddy, Hutton or Vanek.  How about Guddy and Vanek?

They have a 1st, 3rd, 5th(s), plus interesting prospects like Henri Jokiharju, Dylan Sikura, Chad Krys, Tim Soderlund.

I'd be thrilled if we could snag Jokiharju in a trade. He and Juolevi looked good together.

41 minutes ago, Agoork said:

They'd be an interesting trade partner for Guddy, Hutton or Vanek.  How about Guddy and Vanek?

They have a 1st, 3rd, 5th(s), plus interesting prospects like Henri Jokiharju, Dylan Sikura, Chad Krys, Tim Soderlund.

I'd be thrilled if we could snag Jokiharju in a trade. He and Juolevi looked good together.

Last year Chicago finished at the top of the conference.  They did not make a big move where they gave up a promising prospect. They are struggling to make the playoff this year - it's even less likely that they give up a prospect when chances are much more remote to go all the way.  They have some very heavy contracts and will need those players on ELCs to balance out the cap and remain competitive.  

Bowman also explained why he made the trade - speed and youth.  Chicago got humiliated by Nashville in the first round because they were not fast enough - their Ds in particular were too slow.  

From the Chicago Tribune: 

“That element of speed and youth was something that was really important to us,” Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman said. “(Duclair) is the sort of player that embodies what the NHL is about now in terms of his speed and ability to put the puck in the net.” [...]

Bowman called the cap space the trade created “a nice added bonus” but said it “wasn’t really the motivation for the trade.”

Duclair being way overvalued here. He has had one good season. I do agree that Chicago wins this trade hands down just because Duclair is a young player who can easily turn it around but people saying we should have traded Hutton for Duclair.. Are you out of your mind? Hutton is worth way more than Duclair.

17 hours ago, Yotes said:

And Chicago dumps Paniks 2.8m also.

If Benning didnt think Duclair was an upgrade for our team maybe there is good reason he is in lame duck GM status. Unlikely he is gone as GM but for that type of return we should have been all over that

The problem with this way of thinking is we don't know what actually happened. Maybe Benning was in on it. We just don't know.

2 hours ago, mll said:

Bowman also explained why he made the trade - speed and youth.  Chicago got humiliated by Nashville in the first round because they were not fast enough - their Ds in particular were too slow.  

Enter Adam Clendening.... with the foot speed of a tortoise.:P

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

Duclair being way overvalued here. He has had one good season. I do agree that Chicago wins this trade hands down just because Duclair is a young player who can easily turn it around but people saying we should have traded Hutton for Duclair.. Are you out of your mind? Hutton is worth way more than Duclair.

Lol the same Hutton that’s sitting in the press box night in night out?

23 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol the same Hutton that’s sitting in the press box night in night out?

I would have to agree that Hutton holds more value than Duclair. Duclair had also spent time in the press box. I would want Arizona to add if we were giving them Hutton for Duclair.

5 hours ago, rekker said:

I would have to agree that Hutton holds more value than Duclair. Duclair had also spent time in the press box. I would want Arizona to add if we were giving them Hutton for Duclair.

Depends on how the GM value things. Defensemen in general should have a higher value but Duclair have a far higher ceiling then Hutton. Hutton also regressed quite a bit so to say Hutton is worth way more then Duclair is a bit of homerism here. They are more of a 1:1 trade value if it was Hutton of previous years then maybe.. 

Archived