The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Arizona

Wiznac

Based off talks of OEL being available and him being a 1st pair dman and leader. I’m trying to figure out what it would take being fair to acquire him.

To Van : OEL 

To Arizona : Baertschi, Juolevi, 2019 1st and 2018 second. Maybe Goldy or Virtanen? 

Even if it’s trading for OEL.  Brock, Bo, Pettersson and Dahlin would be off the table. No point trading for someone when it would set your rebuild back significantly.

1 hour ago, Wiznac said:

Based off talks of OEL being available and him being a 1st pair dman and leader. I’m trying to figure out what it would take being fair to acquire him.

To Arizona : Baertschi, Juolevi, 2019 1st and 2018 second. Maybe Goldy or Virtanen? 

Even if it’s trading for OEL.  Brock, Bo, Pettersson and Dahlin would be off the table. No point trading for someone when it would set your rebuild back significantly.

Your Crazy?? You related to this player?

Baertchi, Juolevi,  2019 1st round pick and 2nd and Virtanen or Goldobin...

That would be a awful trade for Vancouver.. 

Baertchi, 2nd 34 over all, 2019 3rd pick..

12 hours ago, Wiznac said:

Massive overpayment and would ensure Vancouver stays in bottom of the league for the foreseeable future.   OJ alone could be equal/better than OEL and the 2018 and 19 drafts look deep.   Baertschi is a legit top six and top half first round pick himself.   Adding in Virtanen as he is is blossoming too. 

Wow.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Massive overpayment and would ensure Vancouver stays in bottom of the league for the foreseeable future.   OJ alone could be equal/better than OEL and the 2018 and 19 drafts look deep.   Baertschi is a legit top six and top half first round pick himself.   Adding in Virtanen as he is is blossoming too. 

Wow.

Are you referring to where he was drafted or his value?

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

:lol:

Last year in NHL, there were 90ish first line forwards.   He was essentially "right there" in that group.   He was selected in top half of the first round in his draft year.   

Not sure what part of that you cannot comprehend.    

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow.

thats a bold prediction Mr. Zepp. 

Its just the wrong time for OEL to come here. I'm not as high on Baer as many others but he was starting to look pretty good with Bo and Boeser. 

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Last year in NHL, there were 90ish first line forwards.   He was essentially "right there" in that group.   He was selected in top half of the first round in his draft year.   

Not sure what part of that you cannot comprehend.    

Thats why I edited my post as I wasn't sure what you were saying.

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

thats a bold prediction Mr. Zepp. 

Its just the wrong time for OEL to come here. I'm not as high on Baer as many others but he was starting to look pretty good with Bo and Boeser. 

This site so drastically underrates OJ.   His body catches up to his brain (starting to see evidence of that in his first pro year here and now) and the sky is the limit.

Baer is also underappreciated.   He was a top half first round pick.  He destroyed the WHL in his last year in junior with ridiculous scoring rate.   He has a tough start to his pro career and somehow that makes him a lesser player?   He is proving how good he is and continues to improve and work towards his natural talent ceiling which is very high.    

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Are you referring to where he was drafted or his value?

He was drafted in top half of a first round.   He is producing over the past two years on the cusp of being a legit NHL top 6 (not top 3 yet).   His development was brutally handled by Calgary for whatever reason.   He is a very well-rounded player.

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

He was drafted in top half of a first round.   He is producing over the past two years on the cusp of being a legit NHL top 6 (not top 3 yet).   His development was brutally handled by Calgary for whatever reason.   He is a very well-rounded player.

I know where he was drafted and this doesn't need to be yet another bash Calgary thread for you I just wasn't sure what you were indicating his value was. His draft position is irrelevant at this point.  We aren't even in a position to make a trade for OEL, the price will be high and doesn't even make sense for a rebuilding team to make that trade nor would Baer a 2nd and a 3rd be enough.

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

This site so drastically underrates OJ.   His body catches up to his brain (starting to see evidence of that in his first pro year here and now) and the sky is the limit.

Baer is also underappreciated.   He was a top half first round pick.  He destroyed the WHL in his last year in junior with ridiculous scoring rate.   He has a tough start to his pro career and somehow that makes him a lesser player?   He is proving how good he is and continues to improve and work towards his natural talent ceiling which is very high.    

Yakupov was first overall. 

Archived