The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Habs Covet Pierre-Luc Dubois

fivethej

3 hours ago, Xbox said:

(Rumour) Habs desire French Canadians, willing to destroy their future to acquire them.

They already did that with the hiring of Bergevin, the ibsidtance on having a French coach instead the best coach. And the Drouin trade.  Montreal needed a top D and top C prior to the trade.  They traded away the guy who could have been the top D to bring in a French winger. Then proceeded to try to convert him to C to make it look like a hockey deal. 

19 hours ago, qwijibo said:

They already did that with the hiring of Bergevin, the ibsidtance on having a French coach instead the best coach. And the Drouin trade.  Montreal needed a top D and top C prior to the trade.  They traded away the guy who could have been the top D to bring in a French winger. Then proceeded to try to convert him to C to make it look like a hockey deal. 

Yeah.  I think Bergevin needs to be outted.  Guys a dud. Bold.. sure..  poor choices on trades?  yeah I'd say so.  Weber is a fantastic player but Nashville used up his best years.  You don't trade for a 31 year old Weber when you have a 27 year old Subban.  Subban should of been packaged for the C you were talking about.  Tavares lets say.

Subban + for Tavares.

Keep Sergachev.

MTL is decent.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Yeah.  I think Bergevin needs to be outted.  Guys a dud. Bold.. sure..  poor choices on trades?  yeah I'd say so.  Weber is a fantastic player but Nashville used up his best years.  You don't trade for a 31 year old Weber when you have a 27 year old Subban.  Subban should of been packaged for the C you were talking about.  Tavares lets say.

Subban + for Tavares.

Keep Sergachev.

MTL is decent.

Both Bergevin and Julien need to go.  But then they’d go back to the well and hire the best French candidates rather than the best candidates.  I understand there’s a lot of pressure from the media and a certain portion of the fan base to keep a francophone flavor. But shouldn’t putting the best team possible together , from management down , be the priority? 

On 1/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, Rush17 said:

Subban + for Tavares.

Keep Sergachev.

MTL is decent.

I don't think Bergevin's a bad GM per se. I don't think he's "the best" GM, but he has at least iced a team that's made the playoffs a lot, which is more than other teams like Arizona and Florida, and Buffalo can say. 

That being said, I do agree that they need a change in management as things seems to be getting pretty stale over there in Montreal.

On 2018-01-14 at 12:07 AM, coryberg said:

I had the draft order as mathews, laine, poolparty, tkatchuk. Rumours were the Canadiens wanted him bad. Wonder if the habs had a deal to move in on 5 if he was there.

When are people going to stop calling him Poolparty? It's not funny infact it's kind of annoying. His name is Puljujarvi -- it's Finnish FFS. 

Archived