The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Bos

This trade could benefit both teams, Boston is not my first choice trade partner but they have some nice young Defenseman we should consider acquiring.

To Bos: 

Gudbranson - sign and trade.

2019 2nd rounder.

Zack MacEwen

To Van:

Jacob Zboril 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=112379 

I'll start by saying I like Guddys game and would love to see him stick around but as everyone knows he's quietly trade bait at the moment.

Chara is on the last year of his contract and may not be back, Boston could use a big body on their back end to replace Chara.  

Gudbranson fits the Boston build (The Big bad Bruins) could they be interested?

This would have to be a trade deadline deal when Boston will have the cap space.

Zboril is still a prospect but he's solid and could change the look of our D core moving forward.

The only thing that may be a problem is Boston does have a good amount of Right handed Dmen.

Zboril is also still highly touted in Boston so it won't be easy to pry him however maybe Boston will drool a bit and bite on big bad Gudbranson.

Joulevi Dahlen- (fingers crossed!)

Tryamkin Tanev

Zboril Stecher

That to me would be a solid D core that could dominate for years!

2 hours ago, canuckmen84 said:

This trade could benefit both teams, Boston is not my first choice trade partner but they have some nice young Defenseman we should consider acquiring.

To Bos: 

2019 2nd rounder.

Zack MacEwen

To Van:

Jacob Zboril 

I'll start by saying I like Guddys game and would love to see him stick around but as everyone knows he's quietly trade bait at the moment.

Chara is on the last year of his contract and may not be back, Boston could use a big body on their back end to replace Chara.  

This would have to be a trade deadline deal when Boston will have the cap space.

Zboril is still a prospect but he's solid and could change the look of our D core moving forward.

The only thing that may be a problem is Boston does have a good amount of Right handed Dmen.

Zboril is also still highly touted in Boston so it won't be easy to pry him however maybe Boston will drool a bit and bite on big bad Gudbranson.

Tryamkin Tanev

Zboril Stecher

im game dcorp looks sick 

Depends how his his games shapes up in the big leagues, he has 0 goals and 6 assists in 35 AHL games so far, so it'd be a risk to pay that much for him. I don't think I'd pay that much for him. Remove the 2nd and I think it's more even.

55 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Depends how his his games shapes up in the big leagues, he has 0 goals and 6 assists in 35 AHL games so far, so it'd be a risk to pay that much for him. I don't think I'd pay that much for him. Remove the 2nd and I think it's more even.

Especially considering the op has it as a sign and trade. 

Sign and trades are pretty rare in the nhl but if it were to happen it would give guddy more value.

10 hours ago, canuckmen84 said:

To Bos: 

2019 2nd rounder.

Zack MacEwen

To Van:

Jacob Zboril 

Tryamkin Tanev

Zboril Stecher

Two things:

1.  Why do you want to give up a draft pick?   Why does almost every proposal from Canuck fans involve surrendering draft picks?   You are about to enter a really deep draft from a likely really good position (from a draft perspective) and you have a GM and management team that seem to draft really well.   Right?

2.   What makes you think Dahlen can play defense?   Fingers crossed or not, he is a shifty forward but not sure he can play D.

Other than that, you seem to have a KHL player in your lineup too.    Small detail in compare to the two notes above.

Seems too much giving up a mainstay defensive d-man on any nhl roster, a high second round draft pick and Zack MacEwen for a d-man that was drafted lower than Dylan McIrath and  Koekkoek was also drafted 10th overall and is still having a hard time staying in the TB lineup.

Isn't it harder for d-men to become top 6 mainstay nhlers and we're not talking about a past his prime in Guddy.  I think he is going to be a beast once he is paired with the right partner but giving up so much for someone that didnt even play an nhl game and may not is really not good asset management.

I will be booed lol so here goes my rebuttal proposal

Alex Edler for Boston's first and Zboril and taking Beleskey off there books. (Zboril and 1st pick are incentives for taking on Beleskey contract)

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Two things:

1.  Why do you want to give up a draft pick?   Why does almost every proposal from Canuck fans involve surrendering draft picks?   You are about to enter a really deep draft from a likely really good position (from a draft perspective) and you have a GM and management team that seem to draft really well.   Right?

2.   What makes you think Dahlen can play defense?   Fingers crossed or not, he is a shifty forward but not sure he can play D.

Other than that, you seem to have a KHL player in your lineup too.    Small detail in compare to the two notes above.

There is a difference between dahlen and dahlin. 

Jonathan Dahlen - forward who we got from the alex burrows trade with ottawa at the 2017 trade deadline.

Rasmus Dahlin - Defensman - projected as 2018 first overall.

6 minutes ago, scheif16 said:

There is a difference between dahlen and dahlin. 

Jonathan Dahlen - forward who we got from the alex burrows trade with ottawa at the 2017 trade deadline.

Rasmus Dahlin - Defensman - projected as 2018 first overall.

I know that.   He put Jonathan Dahlen on D which is why I was curious.   Further, Dahlin isn't on any team yet.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I Guess you missed the fact it's a "2019" draft pick....   

Draft picks are usually added for value, obviously, i at least made the conscious decision of making it a 2109 pick.

We wouldn't have Baercheese if it were not for that 2nd round draft pick we gave up...just saying.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No need to get cheeky, sorry i spelled the wrong Dahlin, most people know what i was implying. ..my fingers are crossed to win the draft lottery.

And that lineup in my proposal is a best case scenario of what i would like to see, that's all.

Cheers.

22 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

I Guess you missed the fact it's a "2019" draft pick....   

Draft picks are usually added for value, obviously, i at least made the conscious decision of making it a 2109 pick.

We wouldn't have Baercheese if it were not for that 2nd round draft pick we gave up...just saying.

No need to get cheeky, sorry i spelled the wrong Dahlin, most people know what i was implying. ..my fingers are crossed to win the draft lottery.

And that lineup in my proposal is a best case scenario of what i would like to see, that's all.

Cheers.

2019 will be a deep draft too.   Don't trade picks!

3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

but the unknown is the resigning gud first

to what annual value and term?

I was thinking something like what Florida did , 1 year deal but with a slight increase 4-4.3 mil .

It would definitely increase the value of Guddy if it were a 3 year plus contract (like you said) but it would probably be a contract closer to 5 mil and up range and he would probably want some sort of NTC.

24 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

I was thinking something like what Florida did , 1 year deal but with a slight increase 4-4.3 mil .

It would definitely increase the value of Guddy if it were a 3 year plus contract (like you said) but it would probably be a contract closer to 5 mil and up range and he would probably want some sort of NTC.

then your proposal is much less realistic

gud has no reason to sign a 1 year contract

i'd say 4 to 5 year term minimum

Archived