The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Penguins

10 minutes ago, KKnight said:

Imo i would like to keep Sutter until next year. He is an effective player and we play better with him in the lineup. Overpayed?? Yes! But hes a great penalty killer and at the start of the year was a part of our best line. Im not sure why everybody wants to sell off every single piece on the team, not named Horvat and Boeser. 

I don't, I really like Sutter and don't think he's overpaid actually. He's just the best fit for the Pens thats on our roster imo. Just theorizing. 

17 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

like Sutter? 

Rutherford has already traded Sutter away twice.  Deserved or not I suspect there’s something in the player or his game that Rutherford doesn’t like.  I’d be shocked if Pittsburgh brought back Sutter 

11 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Rutherford has already traded Sutter away twice.  Deserved or not I suspect there’s something in the player or his game that Rutherford doesn’t like.  I’d be shocked if Pittsburgh brought back Sutter 

the difference now is though Sutter has proven to be a very good shut down C. So if thats what they think they need I think he'd be a good fit. I'm sure if someone like Pacioretty became available of course they'd go that way but he'd cost a lot more. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup. The cap is going up too though. Given how good Sutter has become as a shutdown guy though I don't think his contract would be seen as the 'overpayment' a lot of people see him as here.

It's not an overpayment and more of what they can afford, they have a number of young RFA's coming up for extensions this summer and they are going to need every dollar available to lock them down. There was rumours that they were trying to move Letang just to have some more cap flexibility.  There's no doubt that sutter as a player would make sense there, it just his contract.  They moved on from Bonino simply because they couldn't afford him, and he ended up signing for the same amount of term as sutter but even less of a cap hit.  

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

The Laughs basically gave those two Cups to the Pens with the Kessel deal.  Pens get Kessel, like their missing piece to winning, and the Laughs even pay some of Kessel’s salary too.  Crazy. 

I'm super happy for him, was always the whipping boy in Leaf Land and never wanted the spotlight....Pens was a perfect fit behind Crosby and Malkin.  Wonder what they will do this year, picked up toughness... goaltending had been shakey to say the least though..

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

I'm super happy for him, was always the whipping boy in Leaf Land and never wanted the spotlight....Pens was a perfect fit behind Crosby and Malkin.  Wonder what they will do this year, picked up toughness... goaltending had been shakey to say the least though..

Having Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel is pretty amazing.  I was so happy when Kessel left the Leafs.  That allowed me to cheer for him!  

Archived