The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, khay said:

I gotta admit that the Jets are looking real good now and should be good for the next few years. 

Their top 5 offensive players are: Wheeler, Scheifele, Laine, Ehlers, and Connor. Size, speed, and skill. They have it all.

In comparison and assuming the best case, we have Horvat who is a do-it-all center who may one day be as productive as Scheifele offensively. Boeser is a sniper like Laine. But beyond those two, the only sure fire top 6 prospect is Pettersson. Lind and Dahlen have good chances but I wonder if they will be as good as say Ehlers or Connor. And, even if they do make it, we lack top flight speed offered by Ehlers and Connor. 

Jets/Thrashers have been crap for years and had the past decade+ to accumulate talent with high picks.

2nd overall - Laine (won lottery)

3rd overall - Bogosian

4th overall - Kane

7th overall - Scheifle

8th overall - Burmistrov

9th overall - Trouba

9th overall - Ehlers

12th overall - Little

13th overall - Morrissey

17th overall - Connor

18th overall - Stanley

That's 7 top-10 picks including 3 in the top-4.

I was at the game tonight and as much as I'd like to see Edler gone he had a solid game as did Tanev. Nillson was phenomal and Bo did look a step or two off on his timing. How Loui misses that open net is beyond me and the Canucks had their chances on 2 on 1s but made some incredibly stupid plays. Don't kid yourself - I have seen the Jets play 7 times this year (twice here in Winnipeg)against the Canucks - the boys had a solid effort against a Jets team that is in my opinion a legit Cup contender.

Archived