Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets


-Vintage Canuck-

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I agree Vanek goes, but really can't see space for the Sedins next year.  They likely want them back as mentors, especially for Pettersson and Dahlen, but if those two are good enough to make the team, then we also have Gaudette coming in plus Jake and Goldy require waivers next year.  Then there's the possibility (and capspace) to add someone like Kane.

Bo can mentor the kids. It's his eam now and I would rather the kids learn from him going forward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I agree Vanek goes, but really can't see space for the Sedins next year.  They likely want them back as mentors, especially for Pettersson and Dahlen, but if those two are good enough to make the team, then we also have Gaudette coming in plus Jake and Goldy require waivers next year.  Then there's the possibility (and capspace) to add someone like Kane.

As sad as it is I honestly think that the Sedins should be moved at the TD. It is time to move on. At this point, we're going to have more and more young players stepping up as you said and really we could use better stop gaps.

 

This team is seriously lacking pushback. We need role guys that can take young guys like Virtanen and Gaunce under their wing while being able to protect our top guys like Horvat and Boeser if things get too hectic physically. 

 

Maroon, Reaves, Roussel, Bouma, Comeau, etc... Get some meat and taters this off-season. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

We got Holm, Weircioch and a couple young guys in Utica to help us close out the season. Starting next year Juolevi is most likely ready and we’ll have like 17 million in cap space to fill a spot or two. So while it would be nice to get a viable defender back it shouldn’t be a necessity in a trade.

1. How Holm hasn't gotten a shot is beyond me.

2. Wiercoch is trash

3. Baertschi, Granlund, Pouliot, & Stecher are all going to be RFA's. Sedins also want another season - don't think we'll have anything close to $17 mill to spend once everyone's taken care of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ANuckInCalgary said:

1. How Holm hasn't gotten a shot is beyond me.

2. Wiercoch is trash

3. Baertschi, Granlund, Pouliot, & Stecher are all going to be RFA's. Sedins also want another season - don't think we'll have anything close to $17 mill to spend once everyone's taken care of.

Holm chose vancouver over Chicago and Toronto because he believed he would get a shot.  Hard to believe he can't get games with the d core we are icing.

Granlund goes.  Cheaper options and/or kids that should be able to bring what he does and add some physicality.

Sedins should retire. The culture change this team needs will not happen with them here. They get the most o zone starts of any players and that comes at the expense of our younger players. It is time to take the rebuild to the next step and turn to youth with speed and aggression. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a fan it hurts to see the team lose. The Sedin's have given us ALOT of good hockey over the years. If they want another year at money that makes sense then we keep them. But then again, their play and lack of aggression has infuriated me so we don't keep them. We have some young guys coming in that could use some mentoring, so we keep them. But we don't want the youngins to learn a soft game, so we clearly can't keep them. I sure hope Benning or whoever the next GM may be is not Sicilian. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Him chose vancouver over Chicago and Toronto because he believed he would get a shot.  Hard to believe he can't get games with the d core we are icing.

Granlund goes.  Cheaper options and/or kids that should be able to bring what he does and add some physicality.

Sedins should retire. The culture change this team needs will not happen with them here. They get the most o zone starts of any players and that comes at the expense of our you get players. It is time to take the rebuild to the next step and turn to youth with speed and aggression. 

They should retire, but they've confirmed they want to be back for another season. As much as I love them, I think it's time for the Canucks to move on from them. It's like getting out of a relationship you know you shouldn't be in but you continue because there's so much history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time to shed the dead-weight. Add competent stop-gaps that fill a role. I am fine with going after the odd reclamation project or so, we've had decent gains from doing so.

 

This team will go on an uphill trend in a few years with our young players eventually establishing themselves. We are still missing a few pieces. Let us spend the next couple drafts trying to acquire them.

 

Sell!!! sell!! sell!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We could resign the twins for a reasonable price or we could find another LE or two. It is unreasonable to expect all the kids to be ready. It all come down to salary and term. If they are ok with one year to a time that would be better then term with ufa's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

We could resign the twins for a reasonable price or we could find another LE or two. It is unreasonable to expect all the kids to be ready. It all come down to salary.

Twins are fine in a complementary role.  They can still provide secondary scoring for most likely cheaper than anything on the market - and on short term deals I’m sure.

 

They’ve never gotten in the way of Dorsett/Bieksa/Sestito/Kesler/Burrows/Torres/Rypien or any of those guys playing a rough and tumble game.

 

The toughness problem isn’t the Sedins - it’s that we don’t have any guys who play like that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Him chose vancouver over Chicago and Toronto because he believed he would get a shot.  Hard to believe he can't get games with the d core we are icing.

Granlund goes.  Cheaper options and/or kids that should be able to bring what he does and add some physicality.

Sedins should retire. The culture change this team needs will not happen with them here. They get the most o zone starts of any players and that comes at the expense of our you get players. It is time to take the rebuild to the next step and turn to youth with speed and aggression. 

Agree but who is the speed and aggression? It’s easy to say it but who do we have? Virtanen plays softer than charmin, Gadjovich may not be ready and you also don’t want Edmontonitis.

 

So let the twins go, Granlund ?! Why Granlund, and keep Gagner and Erickson? Great idea bro SMH.

 

Your “get faster and more aggressive” is indeed what we need to do, sadly we don’t have players ready or at all, able to fill those roles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Twins are fine in a complementary role.  They can still provide secondary scoring for most likely cheaper than anything on the market - and on short term deals I’m sure.

 

They’ve never gotten in the way of Dorsett/Bieksa/Sestito/Kesler/Burrows/Torres/Rypien or any of those guys playing a rough and tumble game.

 

The toughness problem isn’t the Sedins - it’s that we don’t have any guys who play like that.  

Would be smart to try and split them now. They are too slow and both can be more effective with 2 fast linemates.

 

if they are “team first” they need to accept this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BoeserSnipe said:

Would be smart to try and split them now. They are too slow and both can be more effective with 2 fast linemates.

 

if they are “team first” they need to accept this 

Sure, that’s up to the coach though.  

 

I don't think Green would be afraid to do it if he wanted to go away from giving them the lion’s share of O-zone starts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the twins will be back next year and the year following before hanging up the skates.  They are going to feel like they want 1 more crack at it after next season.  When some of the young guys start to break onto the team.  Juolevi, Gaudette, Pettersson.  then you got demko knocking on the door at the end of next season. I can see them wanting to stick around and give it 1 more go with all the depth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

I am ok with them at a discount price and as long as they are not hogging all of the PP time. They are good examples and great depth players. We don't have enough young players ready to go yet. Besides why rush them?

When we go through losing streaks I get the same way. We are all ready for a new core but lets wait until the kids are ready.

Depth like 3rd line? Yes while we are shooing them out the door, I wonder how they would be with about 8-10 minutes per game. 

The problem with the Sedins coming back is that team identity then stays soft. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...