The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks Will NOT Finish DFL. Guaranteed!

TheGuardian_

There is a generational player available and a dman at that.

I see no less than 6 teams that will suddenly drop in the standings, you know, to reduce salary, to see what they have in the system just like in most years, but they will not be tanking.

The Nucks will not be part of that group as this management group is desperately trying to keep their jobs so a increase in the standings, just like in 2014, will make the team look better than it really is. The other teams will do those things this team, as it stands, will not.

It is a crap shoot anyway, I have done that "simulator" thing a few hundred times over the last few months and the Nucks rarely, very rarely get the number one, heck they hardly even get in the top three, Philly, Boston, Pitts, Ottawa and yes, Edmonton win the most often, at a rate of 5/6 to one for the Nucks.

So there it is a, guaranteed prediction that the Nucks will not finish DFL or even in the bottom three, I am guessing they will be 23rd to 26th and likely get the 9th overall pick.

This season they are better than their current record but not by much and the TDL will determine just how wrong I am in the final standings.

My Guess;

Vancouver

Detroit

Florida

Montreal

Buffalo

Ottawa

Arizona

Everyone try the simulator http://nhl lottery simulator.com/

Maybe we can convince the Canucks whoever wins the most goes to the real thing:lol:

7 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I see no less than 6 teams that will suddenly drop in the standings, you know, to reduce salary, to see what they have in the system just like in most years, but they will not be tanking.

The Nucks will not be part of that group as this management group is desperately trying to keep their jobs so a increase in the standings, just like in 2014, will make the team look better than it really is. The other teams will do those things this team, as it stands, will not.

It is a crap shoot anyway, I have done that "simulator" thing a few hundred times over the last few months and the Nucks rarely, very rarely get the number one, heck they hardly even get in the top three, Philly, Boston, Pitts, Ottawa and yes, Edmonton win the most often, at a rate of 5/6 to one for the Nucks.

So there it is a, guaranteed prediction that the Nucks will not finish DFL or even in the bottom three, I am guessing they will be 23rd to 26th and likely get the 9th overall pick.

This season they are better than their current record but not by much and the TDL will determine just how wrong I am in the final standings.

My Guess;

Vancouver

Detroit

Florida

Montreal

Buffalo

Ottawa

Arizona

So, they will finish 7th, but wind up picking 9th. Yeah, we have that tradition to keep up, of dropping a couple of places in the draft.  :P

Heck, if the Canucks actually won the Cup this year they'd probably wind up picking 33rd with their 1st round pick.

regards,  G.

6 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Can we really call them generational players when there have been 3 or 4 in the past few years?

By definition, isn't a generational player one that only comes around once per generation?  It seems that phrase has been a tad overused lately.

7 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Can we really call them generational players when there have been 3 or 4 in the past few years?

By definition, isn't a generational player one that only comes around once per generation?  It seems that phrase has been a tad overused lately.

Just quoting Button,

Give the simulator a try, I don't know if I am allowed to include a link but remove the gaps http://nhl lottery simulator.com/

Be interesting to see how many get a winner.

10 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

The Nucks will not be part of that group as this management group is desperately trying to keep their jobs so a increase in the standings, just like in 2014, will make the team look better than it really is.

In 2014 we dropped like a rock and Gillis didn’t do anything to keep his job. He still sold. In our final 41 games we finished with a record of 12-24-5 (29 points)

The only team to have a worse record than us in there second half was buffalo who finished with a record of 10-26-5 (25 points)

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

In 2014 we dropped like a rock and Gillis didn’t do anything to keep his job. He still sold. In our final 41 games we finished with a record of 12-24-5 (29 points)

The only team to have a worse record than us in there second half was buffalo who finished with a record of 10-26-5 (25 points)

My memory might be a bit hazy, but I don't think Nonis did much either in his last season (at least compared to the previous season - where he made alot of questionable rental deals at the trade deadline).

Just now, TheGuardian_ said:

Just quoting Button,

Give the simulator a try, I don't know if I am allowed to include a link but remove the gaps http://nhl lottery simulator.com/

I can't stand Button.  He was a better GM than he is a commentator and he was a terrible GM.

I just tried the simulator 6 times.  Half of those six, our position improved.  Once we even got first overall.

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yes that is why I believe Gillis's plan was a "planned tank" for 2 years, the McDavid and Mathews drafts. The McDavid one was the last that DFL guaranteed a top two pick, either McDavid or Eichel. Horvat (Kesler) then ? and ? for Sedin replacements and the Sedins and most of the veteran defence left intact with ample cap space.  

3 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Just quoting Button,

Are things that bad that we're linking the lottery simulator now........:rolleyes:?

Pretty safe bet we're not finishing 'DFL' as you put it with teams in the league as badly managed as Buffalo/Arizona around.

10 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I can't stand Button.  He was a better GM than he is a commentator and he was a terrible GM.

I just tried the simulator 6 times.  Half of those six, our position improved.  Once we even got first overall.

The Cancuks should send whoever wins the most to the lottery then, not me though.:lol:

1 minute ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Your guess, it's all a guess.

Look over the last 5 years, the guesses I make in February have been very accurate, only missed on the McDavid year and that turned out to be a blip as many teams lost just enough to be in the lottery for McDavid.:)

5 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Pretty safe bet we're not finishing 'DFL' as you put it with teams in the league as badly managed as Buffalo/Arizona around.

On one hand, you're probably right about this. 

OTOH, doesn't say much for us if we're only capable of beating out badly managed teams sadly....I'm in the JB/TL fan-club, but the way you worded it doesn't sound good. 

3 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Yes that is why I believe Gillis's plan was a "planned tank" for 2 years, the McDavid and Mathews drafts. The McDavid one was the last that DFL guaranteed a top two pick, either McDavid or Eichel. Horvat (Kesler) then ? and ? for Sedin replacements and the Sedins and most of the veteran defence left intact with ample cap space.  

Maybe but then it doesn’t line up with the fact that he resigned the twins 6 months earlier.  Had he really wanted to plan a tank he had the perfect opportunity to not extend the twins and then deal them at the 2014 deadline. They would have let fail, add picks and we would have been bad enough the following year for the 2015 draft (mcdavid year). Although I’m pretty happy that we landed Brock. 

5 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Are things that bad that we're linking the lottery simulator now........:rolleyes:?

I thought so to but they are catching up to the Nucks, Arizona and Buffalo are closing the gap.

1 minute ago, Incursio said:

I've already accepted 5th overall pick or lower in my mind. My heart can't take another lottery.

Sorry, but you should get your affairs in order - we're in the lottery pretty much guaranteed. 

Lol. Its funny because it’s true.

Wouldn’t want to get the best odds possible to get a bonified franchise player, better off continuing to pretend to be “competitive” and minimizing those odds.

We just have to get rid of pending ufas and and any vets that gets a decent return.

what some would call what’s best for the future Regardless of the lottery.

Archived