The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Seden's waive NMC

Hockey101 class

With trade deadline approaching and Canucks clearly outta the picture should Seden's waive there NMC. I mean it would really help Canucks moving forward as they would bring a nice return as rentals and who knows they might get a shiny new ring, the only chance there gonna get a ring. I personally wanted to see them only in a Nucks uniform but think this would really benefit our Canucks moving forward.

They've stated numerous times that they only want to play here.  Classy organizations would do right for such great players.  Hopefully Canucks see this through.  If it makes financial sense next season and I would expect it to, bring them back for 1 year.  They're world class players and people.  Let's see this through to the end.  

We also kind of need them for another season anyhow.

"Should" they?  That's totally up to them.  Maybe not the consensus opinion, but personally, I would like to see them waive and go to another team for a shot at the cup, and at the same time "help" the Canucks rebuild with a couple of assets.  I don't give a crap about them "only" playing for the Canucks their entire career - its a business, and if the best thing for the business is to trade them for assets, and the Sedins are ok with that, then by all means see if a deal can be made.  They can always sign here again next season if that's what they and the team want.  Any team acquiring them is likely only doing so for a playoff run anyways.

And before anyone gets their panties tied in a knot, No, I would not force them out, but if it was mutually decided that it could help the team and provide them a chance at a cup, then why the heck not!?

Archived