Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Magnus Paajarvi (stl)


86Viking

Recommended Posts

6' 2'' Swedish Winger. passed through waivers in the past, so good chance he does again I assume. He had a good rookie year with the Oilers and then who knows what happened. Was yet another high end pick who seems to have fizzled big time. 

 

We dont have a spot for him here as we are healthy and are scratching players already. Plus Benning has never put in a claim on him before so why would he now?

 

Edm goes for a blast from the past though!?!? Had to say it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, darkpoet said:


He got swallowed up by the soul sucking vortex that is the Deadmonton Coilers 

Just think of how much we complain about the Canucks drafting over the last 12 years

 

Then look at edmonton with all their top 10 picks

 

Man...that's bad

 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00005632.html

 

If I am counting right 68 picks total and only 3 players outside of the top 20 that actually became NHL players since 2005.  Fifteen 1st round picks with 9 being top 10 and 4 being #1 overall.  10 second round picks.  17 third round picks

 

By extension, projections show Benning has drafted 9 possible NHL players outside of the first round in 3 years....

 

I wonder if we don't put in a claim for MPS honestly, another warm body with decent size and potential trade bait or help for Utica...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Warhippy said:

Just think of how much we complain about the Canucks drafting over the last 12 years

 

Then look at edmonton with all their top 10 picks

 

Man...that's bad

 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr0000

5632.html

 

If I am counting right 68 picks total and only 3 players outside of the top 20 that actually became NHL players since 2005


Benning has done more to propel us in 3 years here, than that whole organization has managed there since 2005.

yeah, I'd say that's "real bad" :huh:

Honestly, when they hired Chiarelli and McLellan, I thought "ok here we go, they're doing things the right way now". 
They stopped hiring former players who were grossly unqualified to form their management teams / coaching staff, and started hiring smart.
Drafted McJesus, made some smart roster moves like Maroon, etc and hey, they made a huge dent in the playoffs last year. Then it all fell apart again... 

IMO = stealth tank. there is no way that team is that bad. The draft history there though, is just shocking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, darkpoet said:


Benning has done more to propel us in 3 years here, than that whole organization has managed there since 2005.

yeah, I'd say that's "real bad" :huh:

Honestly, when they hired Chiarelli and McLellan, I thought "ok here we go, they're doing things the right way now". 
They stopped hiring former players who were grossly unqualified to form their management teams / coaching staff, and started hiring smart.
Drafted McJesus, made some smart roster moves like Maroon, etc and hey, they made a huge dent in the playoffs last year. Then it all fell apart again... 

IMO = stealth tank. there is no way that team is that bad. The draft history there though, is just shocking.

I was very anti Benning when he came here; but he's done well no question.  But looking at that Oilers draft history...

 

That's god awful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got all the right tools.... size, skating, skill.... just can't seem to click for whatever reason (I'm just hoping that I won't be repeating the same thing for JV).

If he was a couple of years younger, I wouldn't have minded if the Canucks picked him up.  But now at age 26... his development window has pretty much closed.  

 

Stuck with the crappy Oilers system early on, then throw with the STL Blues where they are in the "win now" mode with minimal room for players requiring a learning curve.  

Then with the Chicago Wolves.... a good competitive franchise, but just not a good farm team for developing players (Canucks were blessed with Manitoba and now with Utica).  

 

The only way I can see him ever in a Canucks jersey is if he gets a PTO with the team next season and go the Mike Santorelli route.  Revamp his game style, being strong 2-way, physical, block shots, etc.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Jake has double the points in 2 less games. Is 5 years younger. Jake has more goals than Paajarvi has points. They wish Paajarvi was like Virtanen.

I wish Virtanen were like Bertuzzi.     I'll settle for something in between Bertuzzi and Torres 
 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, darkpoet said:

I wish Virtanen were like Bertuzzi.     I'll settle for something in between Bertuzzi and Torres 
 


 

Give him time. Remember, Bertuzzi was 25/26 before he really found his game.

I do enjoy watching Virtanen develop his game too. He's coming along. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Look at that 4K HD quality!

The VHS tapes I recorded the '94 Final on look better than that. 

Maybe not 4K........... 1K?.........  ::D

lmo6eZ6.jpg

3DkSOiZ.jpg

So funny.... I remember praying the games didn't go into overtime because I'd have to further turn down the recording speed to fit it all on one tape which really degrades the quality :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, darkpoet said:

The VHS tapes I recorded the '94 Final on look better than that. 

Maybe not 4K........... 1K?.........  ::D

lmo6eZ6.jpg

3DkSOiZ.jpg

So funny.... I remember praying the games didn't go into overtime because I'd have to further turn down the recording speed to fit it all on one tape which really degrades the quality :lol:

Damn, you have the holy Canuck grail in your hands there friend. I know you can order past Stanley Cup runs on DVD. But this is way cooler. You can’t beat an original recording. I can smell the blood, sweat, and tears from here! Loved that run. Loved that team...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...