The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jaromir Jagr (CGY)

Roberts

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Jagr and Virtanen on the same line.  DO it up ! lol sounds awesome. The plays. omg.  he could be a huge mentor for jake.

The grizzled old vet helping out the young power forward with blistering speed!

Jags and Virt at the Roxy...  That could be dynamite.....    I say do  it. 

4 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Pat Quinn was offered Jagr for Stojanov back in 1996, but he was dead-set on Naslund.

I call BS.  Do you have a source for this?

No way the pens were wanting to give up Jagr who put up 149PTS in 1996  for Stojanov who put up ONE point in 58 games in the same season..

Can't believe still we were able to get Naslund for him.  That's just pure wizardry by Quinn.

14 hours ago, Slegr said:

Break out the Canucks' hyperbaric chamber of old, throw him in for a triple-rinse and he'll transform into the Jagr of '94.  Get 'ur done JB.

Almost completely forgot about that machine.

A bit off-topic...

http://mypage.direct.ca/g/gcramer/hyper.html

Apparently it was used heavily by the Canucks during 93/94.  Home record was atrocious (where they can use the hyperbaric chamber) vs the road record (where they couldn't).  Maybe if they stopped using it for the playoffs, an extra home win during the finals might have brought the Stanley Cup to Vancouver =(

11 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Pat Quinn was offered Jagr for Stojanov back in 1996, but he was dead-set on Naslund.

So Bure and Jagr on a line together :o And if Quinn did not mess up his conversations The Great One. It could have been Bure-Gretzky-Jagr with Linden on the second line. Wow!

14 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Could be the higest scoring line of all time. Almost 4000 points between the trio

Psssssst* 

Gretzky and Kurri has almost 4250 points between them without a 3rd fwd. 

just thought you might want to know that before you embarrass yourself to much. 

10 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

I call BS.  Do you have a source for this?

No way the pens were wanting to give up Jagr who put up 149PTS in 1996  for Stojanov who put up ONE point in 58 games in the same season..

Can't believe still we were able to get Naslund for him.  That's just pure wizardry by Quinn.

3 hours ago, smokes said:

So Bure and Jagr on a line together :o And if Quinn did not mess up his conversations The Great One. It could have been Bure-Gretzky-Jagr with Linden on the second line. Wow!

I'm pretty sure he was joking...

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Psssssst* 

Gretzky and Kurri has almost 4250 points between them without a 3rd fwd. 

just thought you might want to know that before you embarrass yourself to much. 

And as I mentioned before I feel like any scoring records set in the 80s should have an asterisk next to their name. Jarri Kurri would not be HOFer if not for playing beside gretzky all those years.

Archived