The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Experiences With Time Travel (Meeting Hitler and Other Tales), the Art of Making Roosters out of Papier-mâché, and Pleading 'Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity' in an American Courtroom (Game Over; Mafia Win)

Master 112

21 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Can't open your hidden posts for some reason when I quote them. Basically, none of them are really putting pressure or grilling Zfetch. Your question to him about your play has the tone of someone asking a guest speaker a question, and you don't even follow up with him when you thought he was full of BS. Why are you "just hinting" at one of your scum candidates? You can't tell me that foreplay with your scum suspects is your TP mantra, because like you are trying to do with J23 and myself, you bury them and try to sway the entire thread with your presence/voice of reason.

I don't think your suspicions of Zfetch are genuine. Bottom line. I won't think you are scum if J23 is lynched this round and turns out mafia, but I'm not fully convinced he is (although if he is throwing in the towel then there is nothing I can do).

There's nothing to follow up. 

Foreplay with my scum suspects is always possible when it's someone like Zfetch. :wub:

But seriously that's not how I always play. Yes, I will go after someone really hard if I want something out of them or need to defend myself but I'm not gonna grill Zfetch any further simply because I'm suspicious. 

1 minute ago, Beluga Whale said:

Do you really think that's a good enough reason to exclude him from all possible wolf teams?? It's not reasonable to assume the mafia team absolutely follows your theory. 

No.

But when we have such little room for error I'll grasp at anything and ergo DM is not a scum candidate in my books.
YET.

He hasn't played very not scum.
In fact, depending on his next post, that would be enough for me to determine otherwise.
As time passes, DM becomes more scummy imo.

After completing my 12 days of rep giving, it has come to my attention that Aladeen is coming off in a very unnatural way when he speaks.
It feels like he's putting a lot of thought into what he's posting.
Definitely a scum read.

Unvote; Vote Aladeen

6 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

After completing my 12 days of rep giving, it has come to my attention that Aladeen is coming off in a very unnatural way when he speaks.
It feels like he's putting a lot of thought into what he's posting.
Definitely a scum read.

Unvote; Vote Aladeen

I have noticed a couple times where Aladeen's tone seems slightly off. But that's not enough for me to consider him at this point because the majority of his game has been good so far.

8 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Zfetch putting in work as mafia to try and steer it home in R1.

Jk

He's probably the most TP this game thus far, followed by BW and Aladeen.

UNVOTE

How come you voted for him earlier then?

10 hours ago, Zfetch said:

Tbh AV deserves a lynching.

Strong chance he just wants to slide a round since that would be extremely beneficial to the mafia team.

Zfetch is totally the type to put light suspicion on a teammate who is unlikely to be lynched that round

9 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Sounds like he's somewhat happy he's not going to get lynched... a second chance at life and if town a chance to help the town win. So he backs up his belief that it was the EOD and rationale as to why he thought he was getting lynched for sure. 

When asked by BW who he thinks could be scum... nothing. This post does not scream to me a TP focused on helping us hunt scum. In my own opinion this is a post from a mafia player giving up and not wanting to spew his team mate. 

This next post is his sum total contribution to this game. Echoing what has been said except it's interesting that he did post this after AV posted that he knew the game started and didn't actually need my tag. Fair enough that J23 would have missed this post but if J23 is lynched and does flip scum I think there is a lot WIFOM in that post.

This is my biggest issue with J-23 right now. If he was town and was happy to be alive, why would he just suddenly start slanking? It's not exactly a great mafia strategy either but it's much easier to be "frozen" and not feel like posting if you're mafia. As town, he would have nowhere to go but up at that point, yet he didn't take advantage of that.

9 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

J23:

- I don't consider him towny, but I also think he is potentially a sacrificial lamb.

- I don't trust the current wagon on him. Therefore I don't consider him a R1 lynch candidate at the moment barring he does something between now and nightfall to change my opinions on him.

-With his current heat and me pretty much being his supporter, Silence will be his biggest scum tell between now and nightfall. I've made my points on him and given my thoughts, but since his allegiance is still not known, he can support himself from here.

DM:

- Seems to be playing his usual game...<_<

- Always a lynch candidate come crunch time for me.

TL:

- Upon further analysis, he goes from TPish lean to null so far. I wouldn't expect him to drive hard a wagon but still expecting more from him in terms of suspects.

- Yep... definitely need more from TL.

BW:

- All my points on him can be found above.

Aladeen:

- I like the effort to the scum hunt but don't agree with a lot of it. To me, Aladeen/BW aren't scum/scum at the very least because I don't think their argument was a ruse, and I don't think they would put maximum effort into generating conversation in the thread if they both were.

This is weak compared to Aladeen's but I'm losing energy as we speak. Going back to bed and will post more on the others later in a bit...after I respond to Aladeen.

When you say sacrificial lamb do you mean he's mafia and one of his teammates is bussing him?

Isn't this a contradiction?

You're saying you won't vote for him if he does nothing to change your opinion. Staying silent would qualify as doing nothing, and therefore you wouldn't vote for him.

But then you say that silence would be his biggest scum tell?

9 hours ago, Aladeen said:

I am thinking that we shouldn't be scum hunting single players but pairs.

Do you guys think it's fair to say:

J23 and BW are unlikely to be maf/maf pair?

J23 and Myself are unlikely to be maf/maf pair?

BJ and BW are unlikely to be maf/maf pair? 

Zfetch and AV are unlikely to be maf/maf pair? 

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

No. There's been hardly any interaction between them, I don't see how they're comparable to the first 3 pairings

Also unlikely imo:

Zfetch-BJ

8 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

BJ, I honestly want to vomit right now.

5 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

BJ, you titled me hard by saying I wasn't scum hunting. Probably the most insulting thing you could have said. :lol:

BW was more rattled here than I expected which is slightly scummy (It's always disappointing when you're mafia and someone discredits your towny efforts). But overall he's played a good game and he's not near the top of my list. Just feel like this needs to be pointed out.

5 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

It really does feel like J23 is a wolf and is folding under the pressure right now. Just given what I know of him, I think he would continue to post at his regular rate if he were a villager. 

I agree 100%

3 hours ago, Zfetch said:

Using that formula, here are some groupings:

Regularity:
Me, BW, DM

+- Irregularity:
TL, AV, Aladeen, J23, BJ

Possible mafia teams include:

TL TL
TL AV
TL Aladeen
TL J23
TL BJ
AV TL
AV AV
AV Aladeen
AV J23
AV BJ
Aladeen TL
Aladeen AV
Aladeen Aladeen
Aladeen J23
Aladeen BJ
J23 TL
J23 AV
J23 Aladeen
J23 J23
J23 BJ
BJ TL
BJ AV
BJ Aladeen
BJ J23
BJ BJ

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

It's far too early to completely remove DM and I from the PoE. What's the rationale behind DM?

1 hour ago, Zfetch said:

his regularity

I thought Zfetch's post was a joke but here it looks like he's justifying it? It doesn't make sense to use regularity as a reason for DM being town. Isn't DM like universally known for playing the same way every game as mafia and TP

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

Do you really think that's a good enough reason to exclude him from all possible wolf teams?? It's not reasonable to assume the mafia team absolutely follows your theory. 

1 hour ago, Zfetch said:

No.

But when we have such little room for error I'll grasp at anything and ergo DM is not a scum candidate in my books.
YET.

He hasn't played very not scum.
In fact, depending on his next post, that would be enough for me to determine otherwise.
As time passes, DM becomes more scummy imo.

It looks like he changes his opinion after BW states the obvious and tries to make it look like a natural progression

This looks pretty bad on Zfetch imo

30 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Zfetch is totally the type to put light suspicion on a teammate who is unlikely to be lynched that round

This is my biggest issue with J-23 right now. If he was town and was happy to be alive, why would he just suddenly start slanking? It's not exactly a great mafia strategy either but it's much easier to be "frozen" and not feel like posting if you're mafia. As town, he would have nowhere to go but up at that point, yet he didn't take advantage of that.

When you say sacrificial lamb do you mean he's mafia and one of his teammates is bussing him?

Isn't this a contradiction?

You're saying you won't vote for him if he does nothing to change your opinion. Staying silent would qualify as doing nothing, and therefore you wouldn't vote for him.

But then you say that silence would be his biggest scum tell?

Yeah

Yeah

Yeah

No. There's been hardly any interaction between them, I don't see how they're comparable to the first 3 pairings

Also unlikely imo:

Zfetch-BJ

BW was more rattled here than I expected which is slightly scummy (It's always disappointing when you're mafia and someone discredits your towny efforts). But overall he's played a good game and he's not near the top of my list. Just feel like this needs to be pointed out.

I agree 100%

Regarding the bold directed towards me, I can see how that can be taken as a contradiction given the wording. However, what I meant was that I did not view him as a scum candidate at the time, I still expected action from him. 

Archived