The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Experiences With Time Travel (Meeting Hitler and Other Tales), the Art of Making Roosters out of Papier-mâché, and Pleading 'Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity' in an American Courtroom (Game Over; Mafia Win)

Master 112

6 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

We have 8 players and only the mafia have a killing role so we can use a No Lynch to our advantage again. It might be more beneficial in a MYLO situation but it's not a terrible idea to use it this round if we can't decide who to lynch.

Not sure if I've ever brought this up before but I've thought about it for a while: What if the mafia just decides to not submit a kill that round to mess up the plan?

6 hours ago, Time Lord said:

Not sure if I've ever brought this up before but I've thought about it for a while: What if the mafia just decides to not submit a kill that round to mess up the plan?

That wouldn't mess up the plan at all IMO... that would be great. Because it would just put us back in to the position we are in before we decided not to lynch anyone. If they mafia didn't submit a kill that would give us an extra round to gather more information. It wouldn't help us mathematically in the sense of increasing the outright chance to lynch correctly but it would give us more posts/content to analyze.

10 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Well I am TP as well.

So fetch, J23, BJ, TL and myself all claiming TP... that leaves a lynch pool of AV, DM, and BW

Well. I am also TP and its not just a claim. This lynch pool got easy.

And since AV has not posted yet. my vote for now will be...

VOTE BW

1 minute ago, Beluga Whale said:

So can we all agree J's behaviour last night was not good. Like, the guy sat ITT for a while and all he said was "Nah".

Tbh, there wasn't much going on at the time and it was early. I'd be frozen too watching you and Aladeen spar before makeup sex. 

Not giving him a pass or anything, I just didn't mind his responses. If you want to dock him for providing nothing to the scum hunt, sure.

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Tbh, there wasn't much going on at the time and it was early. I'd be frozen too watching you and Aladeen spar before makeup sex. 

Not giving him a pass or anything, I just didn't mind his responses. If you want to dock him for providing nothing to the scum hunt, sure.

His responses weren't necessarily the issue. He was in the thread the whole time since I first started posting. All things that I had posted he didn't respond to until after BW did. Why wait and not chime in on what I was saying about BW? Also he could have pointed out why me picking on BW seemed contrived vs. just stating he felt it was a scum/scum scenario. To me it felt like him trying to throw suspicion on BW and I (who were the only two participating in any game play at that point)  while still trying remain out of the spotlight. 

Also the reason it may have seemed like me going after BW was contrived was because it was, to see if we could get some discussion generated. J23 failed to increase the discussion in any relevant manner when he obviously had the time and opportunity to do so. He stuck around in the thread for a while after his post but followed it up with nothing else. 

Also make-up sex? more like pre-fight sex, during-fight sex, post-fight sex then make-up sex.

Here is the way I see things as of right now:

J23

• Was the first to post... indicating he knew the game started before any of us did.
  • Seemingly skulks in the thread waiting for opportunity to post something to appear to be active
  • When he does post he doesn't follow it up nor does he provide anything substantial. 

DM

• His first post was very townie in my mind and since me tagging him is when he showed up, that was either a very well thought out scum move or the actions of someone innocent. I am leaning towards townie.
  • His second post though was kind of scummy but most probably a joke post so I will hold judgement on that one until he posts again.

BW

• I attacked him right off the bat because there was no one else posting and nothing else to discuss.
  • Mafia BW generally can be spotted more easily after the first round. 
  • If he is town then my guess is it will either be him or I as the first round MK

Zfetch

• He was the second to post so that leans me towards scum as they were obviously notified the game started and although I realize that is not proof of scum it is something and we don't have a lot to go on ATM. 
  • Because he posted so soon after the game started maybe I am reading his posts with a bit of bias, but they just have a scummy feel to them. 
  • The thing I will say going for him is if J23 is scum I doubt he would be the next to post after his scum buddy... not impossible just unlikely. 

TL

• Seems to be playing the same meta as his town game last time. Switcheroo? maybe.
  • We need more from TL

BJ 

• Doesn't see where I am coming from with J23 even though I think it's fairly obvious.
  • Assuming J23 is mafia would BJ defend him if they were mafia/mafia? I don't think so. So in my mind it's one of: BJ is mafia and knows J23 is innocent; BJ is town and really just doesn't see how he is being scummy when he is; or the 25% possibility they are both town. 
  • Also the part of him being "frozen" sort of rubs me the wrong way. As a townie I never feel frozen or threatened to post, that is a scummy mindset. If you are town you have nothing to hide and never need to be "frozen" - implying fear of posting something incorrect. 

AV

• Hasn't posted yet even with me tagging him so he doesn't get any points for him not knowing the game started ala DM
  • I will say he was super active as mafia last game but like TL is this a meta switcheroo? 

going off the information at hand I would say:

1 of BJ and J23 are mafia

1 of zfetch and J23 are mafia

If J23 comes up scum I think that would almost prove 4 players as not being scum with him (zfetch, BJ, myself and BW) 

So far J23 is not just the most likely scum but his flip gives us the most information to work with at this time. 

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Here is the way I see things as of right now:

J23

• Was the first to post... indicating he knew the game started before any of us did.
  • Seemingly skulks in the thread waiting for opportunity to post something to appear to be active
  • When he does post he doesn't follow it up nor does he provide anything substantial. 

DM

• His first post was very townie in my mind and since me tagging him is when he showed up, that was either a very well thought out scum move or the actions of someone innocent. I am leaning towards townie.
  • His second post though was kind of scummy but most probably a joke post so I will hold judgement on that one until he posts again.

BW

• I attacked him right off the bat because there was no one else posting and nothing else to discuss.
  • Mafia BW generally can be spotted more easily after the first round. 
  • If he is town then my guess is it will either be him or I as the first round MK

Zfetch

• He was the second to post so that leans me towards scum as they were obviously notified the game started and although I realize that is not proof of scum it is something and we don't have a lot to go on ATM. 
  • Because he posted so soon after the game started maybe I am reading his posts with a bit of bias, but they just have a scummy feel to them. 
  • The thing I will say going for him is if J23 is scum I doubt he would be the next to post after his scum buddy... not impossible just unlikely. 

TL

• Seems to be playing the same meta as his town game last time. Switcheroo? maybe.
  • We need more from TL

BJ 

• Doesn't see where I am coming from with J23 even though I think it's fairly obvious.
  • Assuming J23 is mafia would BJ defend him if they were mafia/mafia? I don't think so. So in my mind it's one of: BJ is mafia and knows J23 is innocent; BJ is town and really just doesn't see how he is being scummy when he is; or the 25% possibility they are both town. 
  • Also the part of him being "frozen" sort of rubs me the wrong way. As a townie I never feel frozen or threatened to post, that is a scummy mindset. If you are town you have nothing to hide and never need to be "frozen" - implying fear of posting something incorrect. 

AV

• Hasn't posted yet even with me tagging him so he doesn't get any points for him not knowing the game started ala DM
  • I will say he was super active as mafia last game but like TL is this a meta switcheroo? 

going off the information at hand I would say:

1 of BJ and J23 are mafia

1 of zfetch and J23 are mafia

If J23 comes up scum I think that would almost prove 4 players as not being scum with him (zfetch, BJ, myself and BW) 

So far J23 is not just the most likely scum but his flip gives us the most information to work with at this time. 

Thoughts?

I saw this wall and I initially thought it was too early for an analysis like this, but this is solid and I agree would most of your conclusions.

However, I think the reasoning for suggesting Zfetch/J23 aren't w/w is too weak to consider. 

Archived