Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Experiences With Time Travel (Meeting Hitler and Other Tales), the Art of Making Roosters out of Papier-mâché, and Pleading 'Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity' in an American Courtroom (Game Over; Mafia Win)

Rate this topic


Master 112

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Aladeen said:

His responses weren't necessarily the issue. He was in the thread the whole time since I first started posting. All things that I had posted he didn't respond to until after BW did. Why wait and not chime in on what I was saying about BW? Also he could have pointed out why me picking on BW seemed contrived vs. just stating he felt it was a scum/scum scenario. To me it felt like him trying to throw suspicion on BW and I (who were the only two participating in any game play at that point)  while still trying remain out of the spotlight. 

 

Also the reason it may have seemed like me going after BW was contrived was because it was, to see if we could get some discussion generated. J23 failed to increase the discussion in any relevant manner when he obviously had the time and opportunity to do so. He stuck around in the thread for a while after his post but followed it up with nothing else. 

 

Also make-up sex? more like pre-fight sex, during-fight sex, post-fight sex then make-up sex.

Nobody chimed in. Seems like he was unfortunately just present at the time you started going after BW. And if I'm being honest, I'm not sure why BW is asking for J23's thoughts at this exact moment. It's early in the game and the only action going on is you tunneling him. So yeah, I'm not gonna punish J23 for not providing anything there. But I will give suspicion points to BW for: A - my current thoughts are he zeroed in on J23 once he responded to pull attention away from himself and B - it seems like he is reaching hard to find dirt on J23 that I don't see there.

 

20 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Here is the way I see things as of right now:

 

J23

  • Was the first to post... indicating he knew the game started before any of us did.
  • Seemingly skulks in the thread waiting for opportunity to post something to appear to be active
  • When he does post he doesn't follow it up nor does he provide anything substantial. - Not a negative. Too early in the game and too newish of a player to subtract points for lack of substance at this stage. I would expect a veteran player to get the ball rolling but not J23, no offense J.

 

DM

  • His first post was very townie in my mind and since me tagging him is when he showed up, that was either a very well thought out scum move or the actions of someone innocent. I am leaning towards townie.
  • His second post though was kind of scummy but most probably a joke post so I will hold judgement on that one until he posts again.I can never read DM and have pretty much stopped putting maximum effort into it because I usually get testy when its all said and then. Bottom line, I always consider for a lynch any round.

 

BW

  • I attacked him right off the bat because there was no one else posting and nothing else to discuss.
  • Mafia BW generally can be spotted more easily after the first round. 
  • If he is town then my guess is it will either be him or I as the first round MK

 

Zfetch

  • He was the second to post so that leans me towards scum as they were obviously notified the game started and although I realize that is not proof of scum it is something and we don't have a lot to go on ATM. 
  • Because he posted so soon after the game started maybe I am reading his posts with a bit of bias, but they just have a scummy feel to them. 
  • The thing I will say going for him is if J23 is scum I doubt he would be the next to post after his scum buddy... not impossible just unlikely. 

 

TL

  • Seems to be playing the same meta as his town game last time. Switcheroo? maybe. - I have him as a TP lean. His posts/timing of his posts stand out more to me. He hasn't given us a lot yet for me to be confident on my read of him, but I usually have a better feel for him by round 2.
  • We need more from TL

 

BJ 

  • Doesn't see where I am coming from with J23 even though I think it's fairly obvious -  I don't think it is :wacko:
  • Assuming J23 is mafia would BJ defend him if they were mafia/mafia? I don't think so. So in my mind it's one of: BJ is mafia and knows J23 is innocent; BJ is town and really just doesn't see how he is being scummy when he is; or the 25% possibility they are both town. 
  • Also the part of him being "frozen" sort of rubs me the wrong way. As a townie I never feel frozen or threatened to post, that is a scummy mindset. If you are town you have nothing to hide and never need to be "frozen" - implying fear of posting something incorrect. 

AV

  • Hasn't posted yet even with me tagging him so he doesn't get any points for him not knowing the game started ala DM
  • I will say he was super active as mafia last game but like TL is this a meta switcheroo? 

 

going off the information at hand I would say:

 

1 of BJ and J23 are mafia 

1 of zfetch and J23 are mafia - Way too quick of jumps at these stages. I'm following your thought process and understand lumping me and J23 together, but I don't see the connection between J23 and Zfetch. I think you are just basing this off numbers and percentages.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

To me, BW is the most suspicious at this stage:

 

- I think the J23 wagon push is based off a flimsy premise at best, and Aladeen is doing most of the pushing. 

- I don't think BW is really contributing to the scum hunt. He asks questions to the thread, but that is a norm for him regardless of faction I have noticed so he doesn't get brownie points for that. 

- He called Zfetch's post calling me scum a hot take when it literally provided nothing of substance. Seems like it was just to add further dead weight suspicion on me to set up a later lynch. Also keep in mind that Aladeen also has/had his own suspicion of me so I'm filing this under wagonomics. 

 

Speaking of not contributing to the scum hunt, add Zfetch's name to the suspicious list. He was plenty active, present, and hunting as the sheriff last game. Now in a game with no roles, he is the opposite? He is either cocky enough to believe he won't be the R1 kill, or he is not sweating it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
16 hours ago, J-23 said:

Well, Aladeen got some good points.

Gonna tunnel on J23 for a bit here cause he actually posted though nothing of substance. Yah I do... but that doesn't necessarily mean you're mafia J23, my points are good but are they right? Nothing in that post helps the town unless he is mafia.

 

14 hours ago, J-23 said:

Well, RIP to me.

2 votes against him here and he's throwing in the towel, if he really thought it was EOD, he could have voted someone like BJ to save himself. So if he knew it wasn't EOD I would say 100% this guy is maf. If he really didn't know why wouldn't he try to make a case to save himself instead of just giving up? 

 

 

13 hours ago, J-23 said:

Oh okay, good. Thought it was today and nobody else is really chatting.

Sounds like he's somewhat happy he's not going to get lynched... a second chance at life and if town a chance to help the town win. So he backs up his belief that it was the EOD and rationale as to why he thought he was getting lynched for sure. 

 

 

13 hours ago, J-23 said:

Nobody so far.

When asked by BW who he thinks could be scum... nothing. This post does not scream to me a TP focused on helping us hunt scum. In my own opinion this is a post from a mafia player giving up and not wanting to spew his team mate. 

 

 

13 hours ago, J-23 said:

I'd say DM and AV are both TP though, neither posted until they got the tag from Aladeen. 

This next post is his sum total contribution to this game. Echoing what has been said except it's interesting that he did post this after AV posted that he knew the game started and didn't actually need my tag. Fair enough that J23 would have missed this post but if J23 is lynched and does flip scum I think there is a lot WIFOM in that post.

 

I just saw your post while writing more tunnelling on J23 @Blue Jay 22

 

The bottom line is this BJ - townies scum hunt, while mafia say who they think is town... because mafia know who is town. Idk who is town or mafia so I choose to focus on finding scum... fine you don't think J23 is that's fair enough but instead of telling us who you think is town... tell us who you think is mafia and why? 

 

Also you say it's way to early in the game to jump to conclusions about people well I don't think we have the luxury of viewing this game that way. We should be seeing this as the final rounds of a larger game. Viewing this game more like an end game does that change your opinion on J23? Do you not see his lack of desperation to find scum? If we mislynch twice we lose.

 

Also BW pointed out my early conclusion on zfetch and J23 and I agreed with him... but I was only posting how I saw the game at that point and that was basically nothing to go on other than post timing and lack of posts. 

 

I just now saw your post on BW before I was set to post this and I can see your points, though in my mind don't outweigh everything I see in J23. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

J23:

- I don't consider him towny, but I also think he is potentially a sacrificial lamb.

- I don't trust the current wagon on him. Therefore I don't consider him a R1 lynch candidate at the moment barring he does something between now and nightfall to change my opinions on him.

-With his current heat and me pretty much being his supporter, Silence will be his biggest scum tell between now and nightfall. I've made my points on him and given my thoughts, but since his allegiance is still not known, he can support himself from here.

 

DM:

- Seems to be playing his usual game...<_<

- Always a lynch candidate come crunch time for me.

 

TL:

- Upon further analysis, he goes from TPish lean to null so far. I wouldn't expect him to drive hard a wagon but still expecting more from him in terms of suspects.

- Yep... definitely need more from TL.

 

BW:

- All my points on him can be found above.

 

Aladeen:

- I like the effort to the scum hunt but don't agree with a lot of it. To me, Aladeen/BW aren't scum/scum at the very least because I don't think their argument was a ruse, and I don't think they would put maximum effort into generating conversation in the thread if they both were.

 

This is weak compared to Aladeen's but I'm losing energy as we speak. Going back to bed and will post more on the others later in a bit...after I respond to Aladeen.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

 

1. The bottom line is this BJ - townies scum hunt, while mafia say who they think is town... because mafia know who is town. Idk who is town or mafia so I choose to focus on finding scum... fine you don't think J23 is that's fair enough but instead of telling us who you think is town... tell us who you think is mafia and why? 

 

2. Also you say it's way to early in the game to jump to conclusions about people well I don't think we have the luxury of viewing this game that way. We should be seeing this as the final rounds of a larger game. Viewing this game more like an end game does that change your opinion on J23? Do you not see his lack of desperation to find scum? If we mislynch twice we lose.

 

Also BW pointed out my early conclusion on zfetch and J23 and I agreed with him... but I was only posting how I saw the game at that point and that was basically nothing to go on other than post timing and lack of posts. 

 

I just now saw your post on BW before I was set to post this and I can see your points, though in my mind don't outweigh everything I see in J23. 

1. Like you think 1 of me/J23 is scum, I think 1 of BW/J23 has a good chance of being scum. If BW isn't, then I probably concede that J23 is given the points laid out and numbers/percentages if BW was lynched and turned up TP. I also think there is a decent chance of Zfetch being scum because of his lack of contributions to the hunt. Also somewhat connected, I don't think BW has really given Zfetch much thought of being an actual suspicious player this far. He keeps hinting that he suspects Fetchy but never really pushes an agenda on him like he has with J23. With the simples waves in his direction, it doesn't feel like a authentic scum push by BW on Zfetch as opposed to his J23 tunneling. If BW were to flip scum at any point, I would vote out Fetchy immediately the following round.

 

2. It actually does, but it also doesn't change my opinions on the players so far. Rather that I should probably look my scum candidates and TP leans with more of a microscope. Do I like J23's lack of scum hunting so far? No, but he's had to defend himself more than what he was probably expecting early in the game. Personally, I find Zfetch's lack of scum hunting more egregious than his because Zfetch hasn't been placed under a microscope by the veterans of this game.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I am thinking that we shouldn't be scum hunting single players but pairs.

 

Do you guys think it's fair to say:

 

J23 and BW are unlikely to be maf/maf pair?

J23 and Myself are unlikely to be maf/maf pair?

BJ and BW are unlikely to be maf/maf pair? 

Zfetch and AV are unlikely to be maf/maf pair? 

 

Or do you think the maf would bus each other in order to set up a win for the surviving scum? 

 

I personally think numbers benefit the maf too much in this game in the sense that the two of them staying alive is more powerful than town credit for helping to get their teammate lynched at the very least for the first lynch. 

 

Let's say Maf A leads the charge to get Maf B lynched.

 

1 mafia out of 6 players remaining. Instead of 2 of 6. - Because of this I no longer believe that BJ and J23 couldn't be a scum team. I see the value in the scum protecting each other now.

 

From a mathematical stand point this halves their chance of winning.

 

That being said AV and J23 played a very unorthodox style maf game last time. They knew zfetch was sheriff at nightfall 1 and still decided not to MK him.  

 

I will say that I have this feeling that 211 is trolling us and "pseudorandomizing" J23 and AV as back to back scum. Interesting that she specifically pointed out her pseudorandomizing in one of her posts.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

1. Like you think 1 of me/J23 is scum, I think 1 of BW/J23 has a good chance of being scum. If BW isn't, then I probably concede that J23 is given the points laid out and numbers/percentages if BW was lynched and turned up TP. I also think there is a decent chance of Zfetch being scum because of his lack of contributions to the hunt. Also somewhat connected, I don't think BW has really given Zfetch much thought of being an actual suspicious player this far. He keeps hinting that he suspects Fetchy but never really pushes an agenda on him like he has with J23. With the simples waves in his direction, it doesn't feel like a authentic scum push by BW on Zfetch as opposed to his J23 tunneling. If BW were to flip scum at any point, I would vote out Fetchy immediately the following round.

 

2. It actually does, but it also doesn't change my opinions on the players so far. Rather that I should probably look my scum candidates and TP leans with more of a microscope. Do I like J23's lack of scum hunting so far? No, but he's had to defend himself more than what he was probably expecting early in the game. Personally, I find Zfetch's lack of scum hunting more egregious than his because Zfetch hasn't been placed under a microscope by the veterans of this game.

 

Just so you know I no longer think you and J23 can't be maf/maf together. In fact if J23 does flip scum I would say either you or AV are the most likely to be his partner. 

 

I do you see your points of Zfetch though... but what about AV?

 

So I will add that it's Unlikely zfetch or BW are scum/scum with you. 

 

At this point I am willing to lynch anyone in this game at this time, the only thing I am hoping for other than an obvious mafia hit is getting the most information from the flip. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

Just so you know I no longer think you and J23 can't be maf/maf together. In fact if J23 does flip scum I would say either you or AV are the most likely to be his partner. 

 

I do you see your points of Zfetch though... but what about AV?

 

So I will add that it's Unlikely zfetch or BW are scum/scum with you. 

 

At this point I am willing to lynch anyone in this game at this time, the only thing I am hoping for other than an obvious mafia hit is getting the most information from the flip. 

J23 and me can't be mafia/mafia because I never defend mafia teammates ;)

 

I have nothing on AV. Nothing was noticeable from him to me when I went through the thread. That will probably change once I get a recharge.

 

Agree about finding and eliminating potential pairs as mafia though. With only slim margain of error for the TP, the quicker this game is the better chance the mafia have at winning. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

To me, BW is the most suspicious at this stage:

 

- I think the J23 wagon push is based off a flimsy premise at best, and Aladeen is doing most of the pushing. 

- I don't think BW is really contributing to the scum hunt. He asks questions to the thread, but that is a norm for him regardless of faction I have noticed so he doesn't get brownie points for that. 

- He called Zfetch's post calling me scum a hot take when it literally provided nothing of substance. Seems like it was just to add further dead weight suspicion on me to set up a later lynch. Also keep in mind that Aladeen also has/had his own suspicion of me so I'm filing this under wagonomics. 

 

Speaking of not contributing to the scum hunt, add Zfetch's name to the suspicious list. He was plenty active, present, and hunting as the sheriff last game. Now in a game with no roles, he is the opposite? He is either cocky enough to believe he won't be the R1 kill, or he is not sweating it.

Did you actually just say this? Not even close to accurate.

 

Do you know what a hot take is? You literally just described it in the same sentence.

 

And yes, I am very suspicious of Zfetch at this point. I didn't flesh it all out in a single post but I'm almost certain I have at least two posts stating things I didn't like about his game.

 

0.5/10 analysis. Wolfy smear job and not a good look.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Aladeen said:

I am thinking that we shouldn't be scum hunting single players but pairs.

 

Do you guys think it's fair to say:

 

J23 and BW are unlikely to be maf/maf pair?

J23 and Myself are unlikely to be maf/maf pair?

BJ and BW are unlikely to be maf/maf pair? 

Zfetch and AV are unlikely to be maf/maf pair? 

 

Or do you think the maf would bus each other in order to set up a win for the surviving scum? 

 

I personally think numbers benefit the maf too much in this game in the sense that the two of them staying alive is more powerful than town credit for helping to get their teammate lynched at the very least for the first lynch. 

 

Let's say Maf A leads the charge to get Maf B lynched.

 

1 mafia out of 6 players remaining. Instead of 2 of 6. - Because of this I no longer believe that BJ and J23 couldn't be a scum team. I see the value in the scum protecting each other now.

 

From a mathematical stand point this halves their chance of winning.

 

That being said AV and J23 played a very unorthodox style maf game last time. They knew zfetch was sheriff at nightfall 1 and still decided not to MK him.  

 

I will say that I have this feeling that 211 is trolling us and "pseudorandomizing" J23 and AV as back to back scum. Interesting that she specifically pointed out her pseudorandomizing in one of her posts.

 

 

 

Yes, evaluating possible w/w pairs is absolutely key in a game like this. 

 

There's probably too much WIFOM to go into the likelihood of bussing but I do see most players on this roster not directly bussing a mafia teammate. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

1. Like you think 1 of me/J23 is scum, I think 1 of BW/J23 has a good chance of being scum. If BW isn't, then I probably concede that J23 is given the points laid out and numbers/percentages if BW was lynched and turned up TP. I also think there is a decent chance of Zfetch being scum because of his lack of contributions to the hunt. Also somewhat connected, I don't think BW has really given Zfetch much thought of being an actual suspicious player this far. He keeps hinting that he suspects Fetchy but never really pushes an agenda on him like he has with J23. With the simples waves in his direction, it doesn't feel like a authentic scum push by BW on Zfetch as opposed to his J23 tunneling. If BW were to flip scum at any point, I would vote out Fetchy immediately the following round.

 

2. It actually does, but it also doesn't change my opinions on the players so far. Rather that I should probably look my scum candidates and TP leans with more of a microscope. Do I like J23's lack of scum hunting so far? No, but he's had to defend himself more than what he was probably expecting early in the game. Personally, I find Zfetch's lack of scum hunting more egregious than his because Zfetch hasn't been placed under a microscope by the veterans of this game.

 

I don't understanding the logical progression to come to these conclusions. It seems like you're suggesting that my case against J23 suddenly becomes valid if I flip town, which is wrong because the "case" is the same regardless of my faction. 

 

This is just inaccurate. These are my posts concerning my suspicions on Zfetch and they are more than just "hinting" at it:

Spoiler
18 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I could put a vote on Zfetch until he gives everyone a Fetchie score. 

 

In all seriousness, his lack of presence isn't good. 

 

16 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

This is nitpicky but last game you struggled to give me a town read until fairly late, but in this game you're already calling me town. Has there been a significant difference?

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Master 112 changed the title to [Mafia] Experiences With Time Travel (Meeting Hitler and Other Tales), the Art of Making Roosters out of Papier-mâché, and Pleading 'Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity' in an American Courtroom (Game Over; Mafia Win)
  • -Vintage Canuck- unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...