The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Experiences With Time Travel (Meeting Hitler and Other Tales), the Art of Making Roosters out of Papier-mâché, and Pleading 'Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity' in an American Courtroom (Game Over; Mafia Win)

Rate this topic

Master 112

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

I'm not sure if we can casually lynch DM in a game like this without a good reason. There's not much room for error. 

I agree to this 100%

If a case can be built against him I have no problem lynching him, just not as a default because we can't agree on who to lynch. 

• Like 3

But that would mean the other mafia would be rather active incase of his/her teammate being lynched.

There's almost a certain yin/yang relationship in every scum pairing or grouping where one teammate is slacking off, the other teammate picks up their slack in addition to their regular behavior.

Mafia1 = Regularity - Activity
Mafia2 = Regularity + m1(Activity)

• Like 3

Using that formula, here are some groupings:

Regularity:
Me, BW, DM

+- Irregularity:
TL, AV, Aladeen, J23, BJ

Possible mafia teams include:

TL TL
TL AV
TL Aladeen
TL J23
TL BJ
AV TL
AV AV
AV Aladeen
AV J23
AV BJ
Aladeen TL
Aladeen AV
Aladeen Aladeen
Aladeen J23
Aladeen BJ
J23 TL
J23 AV
J23 Aladeen
J23 J23
J23 BJ
BJ TL
BJ AV
BJ Aladeen
BJ J23
BJ BJ

• Like 3

Alright, it's obvious that I've been the scummiest of scum. Like $&!#, when I read my past posts in this game, I feel like voting for myself.

But look at it this way as if I'm TP for those of you who think I'm Mafia. The Mafia are going to try to keep me alive for later rounds, because I'm trash, stupid and the most sus player in the game currently and they can use my early posts against me to save there asses late game. Guys like BJ and Zfetch are the ones who aren't "confident" with lynching me. Also, not a fan of there interaction, and it seems like they want to lynch someone not with the username of "J-2:goat:."

• Like 3
1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Alright, it's obvious that I've been the scummiest of scum. Like $&!#, when I read my past posts in this game, I feel like voting for myself.

But look at it this way as if I'm TP for those of you who think I'm Mafia. The Mafia are going to try to keep me alive for later rounds, because I'm trash, stupid and the most sus player in the game currently and they can use my early posts against me to save there asses late game. Guys like BJ and Zfetch are the ones who aren't "confident" with lynching me. Also, not a fan of there interaction, and it seems like they want to lynch someone not with the username of "J-2:goat:."

So basically, if someone doesn't want to lynch you, they are suspicious...

Great...

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

Did you actually just say this? Not even close to accurate. *Shrugs* Agree to disagree.

Do you know what a hot take is? You literally just described it in the same sentence. Guess we have different definitions of a "hot take" then. I always assumed it was more than just throwing s*** at a wall and hoping something sticks. Which is quite obvious that is what Zfetch is doing most of this game.

And yes, I am very suspicious of Zfetch at this point. I didn't flesh it all out in a single post but I'm almost certain I have at least two posts stating things I didn't like about his game. I'll breakdown your "suspicion" on your other post.

0.5/10 analysis. Wolfy smear job and not a good look. Stop stealing my lines.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Aladeen said:

Gonna tunnel on J23 for a bit here cause he actually posted though nothing of substance. Yah I do... but that doesn't necessarily mean you're mafia J23, my points are good but are they right? Nothing in that post helps the town unless he is mafia.

2 votes against him here and he's throwing in the towel, if he really thought it was EOD, he could have voted someone like BJ to save himself. So if he knew it wasn't EOD I would say 100% this guy is maf. If he really didn't know why wouldn't he try to make a case to save himself instead of just giving up? 

Sounds like he's somewhat happy he's not going to get lynched... a second chance at life and if town a chance to help the town win. So he backs up his belief that it was the EOD and rationale as to why he thought he was getting lynched for sure. 

When asked by BW who he thinks could be scum... nothing. This post does not scream to me a TP focused on helping us hunt scum. In my own opinion this is a post from a mafia player giving up and not wanting to spew his team mate. 

This next post is his sum total contribution to this game. Echoing what has been said except it's interesting that he did post this after AV posted that he knew the game started and didn't actually need my tag. Fair enough that J23 would have missed this post but if J23 is lynched and does flip scum I think there is a lot WIFOM in that post.

I thought the round was over that night, it was inactive in here, looked like it was going to be like taht all night.

Yes I'm happy cause I don't want the TP to mislynch in the 1st round due of my stupidity. EOD?

Yes, this looks bad since I do this a lot in games where I'm Mafia.

Completely missed AV's post. Being a Mafia teammate of AV's, I can say that AV doesn't like to vote for his teammate at all, even if he/she is set to be lynched. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I don't understanding the logical progression to come to these conclusions. It seems like you're suggesting that my case against J23 suddenly becomes valid if I flip town, which is wrong because the "case" is the same regardless of my faction. 

This is just inaccurate. These are my posts concerning my suspicions on Zfetch and they are more than just "hinting" at it:

Reveal hidden contents

Can't open your hidden posts for some reason when I quote them. Basically, none of them are really putting pressure or grilling Zfetch. Your question to him about your play has the tone of someone asking a guest speaker a question, and you don't even follow up with him when you thought he was full of BS. Why are you "just hinting" at one of your scum candidates? You can't tell me that foreplay with your scum suspects is your TP mantra, because like you are trying to do with J23 and myself, you bury them and try to sway the entire thread with your presence/voice of reason.

I don't think your suspicions of Zfetch are genuine. Bottom line. I won't think you are scum if J23 is lynched this round and turns out mafia, but I'm not fully convinced he is (although if he is throwing in the towel then there is nothing I can do).

• Like 4

As of now, I'm thinking of a Zfetch/BJ combo, there interaction with one another has been odd. Not sure if they're playing around or not.

Could also throw AV around the mix, trying to figure out why he voted for Z.

TL and DM game, I'm not sure.

I will look more into BW game, nothing that stood out so far, but I also feel like Aladeen is pushing a lynch on me, but can't really blame him...

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

I live in salt water. You know me by now.

28 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I don't have the quote at hand but I think you misrepresented what I liked about Zfetch calling you scum. I merely liked the fact that someone had an interesting "hot take", and that didn't mean I agreed with it.

• Like 4
  • Master 112 changed the title to [Mafia] Experiences With Time Travel (Meeting Hitler and Other Tales), the Art of Making Roosters out of Papier-mâché, and Pleading 'Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity' in an American Courtroom (Game Over; Mafia Win)
  • -Vintage Canuck- unpinned this topic